ADVERTISEMENT

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
Last week was an overall solid week for the MAC with McDowell, Reynolds, and Asheville picking up wins. Erwin looked solid despite losing to 1A power Mitchell. Roberson was the only big disappointment getting crushed by a good Watauga team.

Asheville @ Kings Mountain- It took a late game surge for Asheville to get my Robbinsville at home. The cougars are solid again, especially on defense. They will need that and more to beat Kings Mountain who just beat Shelby. Asheville has to slow the game down to have a decent chance at pulling the upset. Kings Mountain has too much firepower but it will be a good game.

Kings Mountain 27
Asheville 14

Enka vs Pisgah- Pisgah is coming off an upset loss to Brevard and Enka strangely had a bye week to open the season. Enka has a real shot and the upset with Cam Wait a versatile threat at QB. This game should be one of the closest of week 2.

Pisgah 21
Enka 20

Erwin @ Mountain Heritage- By Mitchell fans accounts, Erwin is improved over last season and has speed as always at the skill positions. Heritage is way down but won't be an easy win at The Pit.

Erwin 28
Mountain Heritage 14

Mitchell @ McDowell- McDowell showed tons of heart and grit to pull one out on the road at RS last week. Despite shooting themselves in the foot in the red zone and special teams, the Titans had almost 500 total yards and held RS to around 360. Mitchell will be a different animal. It will take a perfect, mistake free game from the Titans for them to keep it close and it will help if Mitchell turns the ball over a few times. Look for Mitchell to pull away late using their physical offensive and defensive lines to wear down McDowell.

Mitchell 47
McDowell 20

North Buncombe @ Madison- This could be North Buncombes best chance at a win since spring 2021. North didn't score against Swain but held them to only 21. Signs of improvement. Madison was destroyed by an OK Tuscola team. This is the week the losing streak ends.

North Buncombe 21
Madison 14

Reynolds @ Shelby- This should be one of the best games in the state this week. Shelby will not be happy after losing to Kings Mtn, while Reynolds will be riding high after whipping West Forsyth. If Reynolds defense can dictate the tempo of this game, the rockets have a shot. I think it will be a one score game most of the way but its hard to pick against Shelby at home.

Shelby 28
Reynolds 22

Roberson @ Ashbrook- After talks of major improvement from the rams, they were humbled by Watauga. The rams didnt even have 150 total yards. Things don't get any easier this week vs a solid Ashbrook squad. It could be a rough nonconference for Roberson with Smoky Mtn and Franklin also on the schedule

Ashbrook 27
Roberson 14

Power Rankings

1. Reynolds
2. Asheville
3. Erwin
4. McDowell
5. Roberson
6. Enka
7. North Buncombe

Man, this week will be telling for Asheville and AC Reynolds as both travel to Cleveland County to face top notch teams. Gonna be a tough week for the conference as a whole in my opinion, so I’ll take…..

Kings Mountain
Pisgah
Erwin
Mitchell
Madison
Shelby (this hurts to pick, but tough to beat Shelby at home, especially when they lost last week)
Ashbrook

Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold
Does it seem like Shelby NEVER plays big games on the road? Or is it just me? Even REIDSVILLE (who literally NEVER plays big games on the road, especially playoff games) had to come to Shelby last season in the playoffs.

Does it seem like Shelby NEVER plays big games on the road? Or is it just me? Even REIDSVILLE (who literally NEVER plays big games on the road, especially playoff games) had to come to Shelby last season in the playoffs.
Shelby comes to ACR every other year, they go to KM every other year, they go to Crest every other year, as for the playoffs they get seeded 1 or 2 just about every year because they are good and win games/conference titles so yeah the playoffs games would be home games.

Safe to say it’s Reynolds against everybody else this year. Went and watched them played Shelby and all man oh man was I blown away.

Kings Mountain 24
Asheville 0

Pisgah 14
Enka 7

Erwin 56
Mountain Heritage 30

Mitchell 34
McDowell 16

Madison 14
North Buncombe 0

Reynolds 45
Shelby 21