Iredell County Realignment 2025

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Mooresville , Lake Norman will be 7A
South Iredell 6A
Statesville, North Iredell and West Iredell 4A/5A
Pine Lake - Unknown
Langtree which adding football is unknown

My Ideal Conference for Mooresville is - Staying in the conference on or Mooresville, LN, West Forysth, Davie, Reagan in a conference

NPC: West Iredell, North Iredell, Statesville, Bandys, Bunker Hill (I would assume they will be in a similar conference which they are in)

Depending on how Charter school are handle then depending they play up to 7A or move up 1 - I would assume PLP , Langtree will be in similar conference that they currently in or some form.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreedomAlum
Mooresville , Lake Norman will be 7A
South Iredell 6A
Statesville, North Iredell and West Iredell 4A/5A
Pine Lake - Unknown
Langtree which adding football is unknown

My Ideal Conference for Mooresville is - Staying in the conference on or Mooresville, LN, West Forysth, Davie, Reagan in a conference

NPC: West Iredell, North Iredell, Statesville, Bandys, Bunker Hill (I would assume they will be in a similar conference which they are in)

Depending on how Charter school are handle then depending they play up to 7A or move up 1 - I would assume PLP , Langtree will be in similar conference that they currently in or some form.
Wouldnt say we are 7A yet. It largely depends on what the state does with the private schools

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I would doubt charter school would affect us imo - We are 1948 and that will be 7a MAYBE high end 6A but will see
The state wants to put all the privates and chargers that compete in the NCHSAA into 7A…. So Catholic, PLP, CSD, etc would all be 7A regardless of enrollment.

The state wants to put all the privates and chargers that compete in the NCHSAA into 7A…. So Catholic, PLP, CSD, etc would all be 7A regardless of enrollment.
Got ya. I thought that was just charter schools not including catholic n also didnt think most of the private schools would be 7A anyway i mean PLP should not be in 7A

There is ABSOLUTELY no way you can put all the charters and privates into one class. Some charters have 300 students and do not focus on athletics at all while we know about the privates.

ONCE AGAIN, a bureaucrat does not see the issue with "open enrollment" schools in 1A such as a Winston Salem Prep. They do not come along often but when they do it causes havoc.

Reactions: OptionFreak
There is ABSOLUTELY no way you can put all the charters and privates into one class. Some charters have 300 students and do not focus on athletics at all while we know about the privates.

ONCE AGAIN, a bureaucrat does not see the issue with "open enrollment" schools in 1A such as a Winston Salem Prep. They do not come along often but when they do it causes havoc.
Agree. But I doubt the state GOP cares as long as they get their way lol

• Sad
Reactions: btango

they ain’t doing that anyway from what I stated yesterday! Until it’s official on what the plan is I won’t say what I been told until I know it safe to do so bc it could still be changed but they do have a plan in place but It’s not the perfect solution but I think make a lot folk at in one aspect if they stick with what I been told

they ain’t doing that anyway from what I stated yesterday! Until it’s official on what the plan is I won’t say what I been told until I know it safe to do so bc it could still be changed but they do have a plan in place but It’s not the perfect solution but I think make a lot folk at in one aspect if they stick with what I been told
Did you type this out or is it an audio transcription?

Reactions: loveithere
Since I heard about seven classifications I have thought all along that they should have six regular season classifications with conferences to include all schools. For playoffs break out the 1A non boundary schools and charters. Put them in a seventh class for playoffs. For the 2A or 3A and larger schools move them up one classification or do a multiplier.

For the six classification they would need to figure a way to even out the number of teams in the six classifications once the non boundary schools are moved out for the playoffs.

You do know there is a bill in the general assembly to take “they” power away. Unless your source is a member of the NC General Assembly and they have shared their plan with you.

Reactions: BlueVols
You do know there is a bill in the general assembly to take “they” power away. Unless your source is a member of the NC General Assembly and they have shared their plan with you.
And they haven’t yet so NCHSAA is still in control

Did you type this out or is it an audio transcription?
I typed it out but again I know what I been told so it’s whatever like I said I seen it become a official yet I will say It’s good plan for most but some at lower level maybe pissed but all in all it’s better then making them play up to 7A

And they haven’t yet so NCHSAA is still in control
We saw how that worked last week. NCHSAA passed the NIL and that is getting shot down. NCHSAA is in a losing battle. I do not agree with it but they did not read the room nor play the hand well. Also, there are about a dozen positions, or were, at the NCHSAA that are not filled. This is going to be interesting to watch it play out and I truly expect it to be a poop show and not be very smooth. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT