ADVERTISEMENT

Intriguing 1st Game Matchups

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Looking at some of the 1st games being played. Here is my 1st game intriguing matchups that I’m keeping eye on. If anyone has any just list them.

8/17 Independence vs Mallard Creek
8/18 Crest vs Gaffney
8/18 West Rowan vs AL Brown
8/18 Davie vs Mooresville
8/18 West Forsyth vs AC Reynolds
8/19 Providence Day vs Northernwestern
8/19 Colguitte Co vs Dutch Fork

Think I will go down to Colquitt for the DF game. Will catch Indy and MC on the 17th.

A tripleheader has been announced for August 19th at Memorial Stadium. Do NOT like that as it competes against PD at Northwestern. Will not hurt PD v NW in attendance much but takes some recognition away and a few folks that would go to Panther Stadium may not.

Think I will go down to Colquitt for the DF game. Will catch Indy and MC on the 17th.

A tripleheader has been announced for August 19th at Memorial Stadium. Do NOT like that as it competes against PD at Northwestern. Will not hurt PD v NW in attendance much but takes some recognition away and a few folks that would go to Panther Stadium may not.
I know West Charlotte will play Palisade on Saturday at Memorial Stadium at 3pm from what I seen on Twitter page. What are the other games being played that day at Memorial Stadium.

I know West Charlotte will play Palisade on Saturday at Memorial Stadium at 3pm from what I seen on Twitter page. What are the other games being played that day at Memorial Stadium.
At one point Crest/Gaffney was being talked about for that tripleheader but it didn't workout so it will be played at Gardner-Webb I believe.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Myers Park v Christian. Byrnes v Hough. At Panther Stadium is Providence Day v RH Northwestern.

I hope so, Butler travels to Atlanta the next weekend to plan in the Cam Newton Classic against Langston Hughes. Hopefully they can leave the Rollesville game injury free.
They have Richmond after Rolesville. Hughes game is Labor day weekend.

Reactions: mpj2k8
More games later in the season that will catch some attention.
8/25 Mallard Creek vs Buford
9/1 Dutch Fork vs Hough
9/22 Dutch Fork vs Weddington
Dylan Raiola transferred to Buford for his senior year might be a long day for Mallard Creek

Dylan Raiola transferred to Buford for his senior year might be a long day for Mallard Creek
Long before he transferred it was a long night. They have over 30 power 5 kids on the roster. Charlotte could put together a State All Star team, and it still would be a problem 😀. They should be the #1 team in the Nation this year, with numerous 5 stars on the roster.

Long before he transferred it was a long night. They have over 30 power 5 kids on the roster. Charlotte could put together a State All Star team, and it still would be a problem 😀. They should be the #1 team in the Nation this year, with numerous 5 stars on the roster.
No they shouldn’t, Mater Dei would beat them but you’re right about it being a long night before he even transferred.

Last edited:
No they shouldn’t, Mater Dei would beat them but you’re right about it being a long night before he even transferred.
Jimmy & Joes they have Mater Dei beat. Game would definitely be a toss up.

Jimmy & Joes they have Mater Dei beat. Game would definitely be a toss up.
No they don’t! Go look at the top 247 for the rising 24’ and 25’ class. They literally double them in players in the top 100. MD has 11 total for both classes in the top 247, Buford only has 6.

Last edited:
No they don’t! Go look at the top 247 for the rising 24’ and 25’ class. They literally double them in players in the top 100. MD has 11 total for both classes in the top 247, Buford only has 6.
You're not counting the kids not listed on 24/7 that showed up at Buford late like Justice Haynes 5-star last year. From my inside source They have 6 to 7 new kids from Atlanta, not yet listed. Plus, Mater Dei needs to worry about St. John Bosco. Either way you slice it, both team are elite loaded.

You're not counting the kids not listed on 24/7 that showed up at Buford late like Justice Haynes 5-star last year. From my inside source They have 6 to 7 new kids from Atlanta, not yet listed. Plus, Mater Dei needs to worry about St. John Bosco.
I’m going by what’s already set in stone and actually on the roster already. Both Mater Dei and Bosco are ranked higher than Burford for a reason. They would still need all of those 6 or 7 kids to be top 247 players just to be up there with Mater Dei so either way you was wrong about having more jimmy’s and joes.

Last edited:
I’m going by what’s already set in stone and actually on the roster already. Both Mater Dei and Bosco are ranked higher than Burford for a reason. They would still need all of those 6 or 7 kids to be top 247 players just to be up there with Mater Dei so either way you was wrong about having more jimmy’s and joes.
I have no problem with being wrong. Shiggady happens! There's also a reason why the majority of those kids stay out West when it comes to selecting a East Coast elite program. The Oregon's, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford's are not on that level. Regardless of ranking, I'm taking an elite Georgia program over Mater Dei, and they're private.

I have no problem with being wrong. Shiggady happens! There's also a reason why the majority of those kids stay out West when it comes to selecting an East Coast elite program. The Oregon's, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford's are not on that level. Regardless of ranking, I'm taking an elite Georgia program over Mater Dei, and they're private.
If you have no problem with it then leave it at that. Bringing up other unrelated opinions is useless.

If you have no problem with it then leave it at that. Bringing up other unrelated opinions is useless.
That's not the way it works. It's a High School Football thread and it was relevant to me although you believe it was a unrelated opinion. :) Similar how you believe those teams were ranked higher for a reason. No problem with your opinion.

That's not the way it works. It's a High School Football thread and it was relevant to me although you believe it was an unrelated opinion. :) Similar how you believe those teams were ranked higher for a reason. No problem with your opinion.
You were wrong so you proceeded to start rambling about where they choose to go for college and stuff that doesn’t pertain to the original conversation between us. You could’ve just left it at what it was once you realized you were wrong.

You were wrong so you proceeded to start rambling about where they choose to go for college and stuff that doesn’t pertain to the original conversation between us.
It doesn't pertain to you, but I think different. Your 1st statement was Mater Dei would beat Buford. I believe it would be a Toss Up. THE END!

It doesn't pertain to you, but I think different. Your 1st statement was Mater Dei would beat Buford. I believe it would be a Toss Up. THE END!
Where they choose to go to college didn’t pertain to the point either of us were trying to make. You just brought it up because you were wrong. The point of the conversation was about who was more loaded and you were wrong. THE END!

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
Where they choose to go to college didn’t pertain to the point either of us were trying to make. You just brought it up because you were wrong. The point of the conversation was about who was more loaded and you were wrong. THE END!
Nope! I brought it up, because I personally believe those kids out West private, are highly overrated when it comes to rankings and stars. IE DJ Uiagaleliei. School selection is relevant. Has absolutely nothing to do with being wrong. Per my previous post. That Shit Happens, and I'm cool with that. YEP! THE END.

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24
Nope! I brought it up, because I personally believe those kids out West private, are highly overrated when it comes to rankings and stars. IE DJ Uiagaleliei. School selection is relevant. Has absolutely nothing to do with being wrong. Per my previous post. That Shit Happens, and I'm cool with that. YEP! THE END.
You chose 1 player out of all of the top players LOL what about Georgia’s best player Brock Bowers? What about Bryce Young? The two best programs in the south led by west coast guys. I’m done with this conversation though because you took being wrong very personal, obviously.

You chose 1 player out of all of the top players LOL what about Georgia’s best player Brock Bowers? What about Bryce Young? The two best programs in the south led by west coast guys. I’m done with this conversation though because you took being wrong very personal, obviously.
It's not personal, just because you say it is. :) Thank you! Be done. :)

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
I started a discussion of the challenges the Creek would have playing Buford. You, somehow flipped into how Mater Dei would beat Buford, and how you checked 24/7 to prove Mater Dei had more Jimmy and Joes, and how 24/7 proved me wrong. Although I believe it's still somewhat subjective. Now, you believe I took it personally. You're just trolling me, 😂aren't you? COME ON NOW!

Last edited:
I started a discussion of the challenges the Creek would have playing Buford. You, somehow flipped into how Mater Dei would beat Buford, and how you checked 24/7 to prove Mater Dei had more Jimmy and Joes, and how 24/7 proved me wrong. Although I believe it's still somewhat subjective. Now, you believe I took it personally. You're just trolling me, 😂aren't you? COME ON NOW!
You really still going after saying “be done” and “THE END”. I literally didn’t respond for a reason and I’m not going to after this. This is what I mean by taking it personal. Just let it go!!!

You really still going after saying “be done” and “THE END”. I literally didn’t respond for a reason and I’m not going to after this. This is what I mean by taking it personal. Just let it go!!!
But you literally did respond, because you're just trolling. Now you have permission to let it go. and you're welcome!

I think it’s really cool you all are playing are playing one of the best teams in the country. Hopefully it’s a injury free game and the players enjoy the experience. I remember when Avery played Asheville and they had Leonard Little and John Avery on that team.

You're obsessed with me being wrong. It's like you're trying to convince yourself, by saying it over and over again. Now I feel better. :)
Your past discussion. It would be a toss up. I would take the team from Georgia though.

Last edited:
Reactions: nepsy7
Who care we all know Buford , St John Boscoe and Mater Dei all would kill most of all of NC and some SC team so We know all these team names have multiple D1 talent. , NFL talent n etc etc this isn’t a surprise and Any given year Buford could maybe beat one of ‘‘em n visa Versa n all

All 3 teams have been ranked high on max preps (which I don’t like maxpreps rankings anyway there national ranking maybe better but local rankings suck)

Sometimes I do not know what coaches are thinking when they choose to schedule a Buford, IMG, St. John’s, Bosco, etc and your team is nowhere near that talent caliber across the board. It’s definitely not scheduling with a purpose. A part of me believe it’s arrogance on the coaches part or ignorance. You get nothing out of getting beat down by an out of state powerhouse which is more than likely will happen. MC should focus on getting back on top in NC consistently, try to schedule some tough instate games, maybe then play a SC or Virginia power team before trying to play a national level team.

• Love
Reactions: New3ra
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT