ADVERTISEMENT

I Told You

viper12

May 7, 2019
Alaska
there was problems in Charlotte. Yet the Commissioners that come on here believe they can keep classified information to themselves .......there are problems in Charlotte and this is not the last of it.

Listen to me........something big is about to become the Headline News

In the mean time jump on this read and take a deep dive into Charlotte Meck Schools coaches pay issues

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/preps-blog/article230713629.html

there was problems in Charlotte. Yet the Commissioners that come on here believe they can keep classified information to themselves .......there are problems in Charlotte and this is not the last of it.

Listen to me........something big is about to become the Headline News

In the mean time jump on this read and take a deep dive into Charlotte Meck Schools coaches pay issues

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/preps-blog/article230713629.html

The article is over 2 weeks old. It's amazing how uninformed and late you are. This has been going on in Charlotte for over a decade. This is what happens when you live under a rock.....LMAO! Stop trolling Charlotte, this is not Headline News!

LMAO...classified information. Which one are you Woodward or Bernstein??

Let me ask you this?? How much they pay your guys Till and Bailey to keep getting their heads beat in by those lowly paid guys like Palmieri, Greiner, Morman, Chadwick etc,etc

Folks
As you have notice - the main Busty Line for 2019 is that everything is OLD

But Damn didn’t I know tis already....it’s an ongoing issue that hasn’t been fixed and if it continues...well coaches will leave to double somewhere else....

Dare post something 2yrs old and get the ...LMAO
Dare post something 2 weeks old and get the ...LMAO
Dare post something 2 days old and get the ...LMAO
Dare post something 2 hours old and get the ...LMAO
Dare post something 2 minutes old and get the ...LMAO

When the head commissioner reply’s the Hotline in Charlotte begins to Ding and Ding and and freaking Ding that the rest come out......

“Hey John you see what has been posted. Is he an idiot or what. Watch this John”

“Go ahead Michael - I will reply right behind you killa”

And then the commissioners come out at Full Force “replying” “Liking” “LMAO” “Dumming someone” Idioticking Someone”

Pending: that 704 guy.............wait for it

Man I hope I don’t end up on Live PD

Last edited:
Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
Folks

But Damn didn’t I know tis already....it’s an ongoing issue that hasn’t been fixed and if it continues...well coaches will leave to double somewhere else....

When the head commissioner reply’s the Hotlines begins to Ding and the rest come out “replying” “Liking” “LMAO” “Dumming someone” Idioticking Someone”

NOOOOO! All of your post are old news. No cable, or Wi fi under that rock huh?

Now the MC AD is leaving for Cabarrus county, 15 minute old article.
Does this qualify as "OLD NEWS" also?

Nope! Only New Information to you. He's going to Cox Mill. It was in the works before Myers Park coach Joe Evans took the South Meck job. I heard he's taking some MP coaches with him...Ummm?

What’s the average salary for a football coach in Charlotte area? I know I’m gonna get blasted by the “know it alls’ for not knowing this!

I would say top end 60K & average around 40 to 45. Btango would probably have more accurate numbers. I believer's there's a website that has all the CMS head football coaches salaries.

I would say top end 60K & average around 40 to 45. Btango would probably have more accurate numbers. I believer's there's a website that has all the CMS head football coaches salaries.
I actually thought it would be much higher. No wonder coaches are leaving from that area. Everyone has bills..

I actually thought it would be much higher. No wonder coaches are leaving from that area. Everyone has bills..
$40,000?
Man those Egyptian gas station owners will pay me more than that just for running a register and assuring no one steals a 6pack or stuffs a bottle down into the sack.

Man and to say that the coaches bring championship life, burns family time, cuts grass with night vision goggles, and plays scratch offs in hope to make ends meet at home. Heck, these 5-Diamond Championship coaches work long hours that mama Sits at home or bleachers all pissy with hardly no money to get a hotdog.

Pay these 5-Diamond Championship Coaches $100K and up

Geeezzz

Folks

When the head commissioner reply’s the Hotline in Charlotte begins to Ding and Ding and and freaking Ding that the rest come out......

“Hey John you see what has been posted. Is he an idiot or what. Watch this John”

“Go ahead Michael - I will reply right behind you killa”

And then the commissioners come out at Full Force “replying” “Liking” “LMAO” “Dumming someone” Idioticking Someone”

Pending: that 704 guy.............wait for it

I'm here...there's nothing 2 post. Its early summer no football so people have to entertain themselves with trolling I get it. Carry on

LMAO...classified information. Which one are you Woodward or Bernstein??

Let me ask you this?? How much they pay your guys Till and Bailey to keep getting their heads beat in by those lowly paid guys like Palmieri, Greiner, Morman, Chadwick etc,etc
Can you please leave the Scots out of Jethro Bodine's shenanigans!!!!

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
My wife took the wrong medication today......The good news......she’ll be free from heart worm and fleas for three months.

I have always seen both sides of this argument and even I'm not sure what side of the fence I fall on at times, so here's both sides of my fence.

First and foremost, these people are TEACHERS. They at least went to school for 4 years (bachelor's) and some for 6 years (master's) and many also obtain their NBCT (National Board Certified Teacher) certification. They didn't go to school all that time just to be a high school football coach. They are no different than the science teacher, the math teacher, or the language arts teacher down the hall with regards to 'why' they went to school...again, to become a TEACHER.

Now, what does make them different is they volunteer their time after school to coach a sport. Most of the time for a coaching stipend (a little extra money) and because they really enjoy the sport.

With that being said, HS football is the BIGGEST revenue generating sport for any high school, so if the coaches are good, typically the players are good, which means the fan base is good, which means the gates are good which means the school is making some serious money from the gates. Should the coaches be compensated for this? Probably so. Should they be paid a base salary MORE than the science, math or language arts teacher down the hall? No. They are a teacher first, a coach second.

The schools that are paying their 'coaches' more than fellow teachers are wrong in my opinion. Those schools are saying they value sports more than education in my opinion.

Again, compensate the coaches with performance based bonuses that are based on metrics defined by the board of education for that district, don't compensate them 'just because' they coach football.

How many hours does the coach spend on football related tasks outside the 8-3 school day! How much is the stipend? Divide hours by stipend and let’s see if that college educated teacher is making minimum wage. Doubtful it is half that in most cases.

I’m not sure that a traditional “school” can pay a teacher more than what the NC State Salary Schedule dictates. Add in their system’s stipend (which is a percentage of their actual pay, in most cases), and that’s it.

The Booster Club, or similar entity could add in an additional stipend above and beyond what they make. But that’s on a case by case basis. Not much of that going on, at least in my area.

If you are a coach... NEVER make the mistake of counting your coaching hours and dividing them by your coaching pay. That is some disappointing math, indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT