ADVERTISEMENT

I am a WRH believer now....

msc117

Nov 1, 2003
I have seen them in state championship games and they always looked fast against the big mountain teams they played but after tonight,I believe they will be able to hang with almost any of the teams in 2a....I did see that they have a problem with defending the pass and that could be a problem in the playoffs...I believe they have Havelock next week and that will show if their speed will be enough to handle Havelocks passing...

I saw them play Concord a couple years back in the state game....I actually come from Newton Conover but moved down here earlier this year and hope to check out a bunch of different teams....

Oh nice well a good report on them would be they are big and fast they can pass and run im sure Wallace can play with them for 3 quarters maybe idk about 4 depth may become a issue

I believe WRH won't be able to handle the passing...they seemed lost trying to defend it last night and gave up 2 long pass plays....they do have a lot of players but I really don't know how many actually play ..they only put their 2nd string d in for one series...I say Havelock 35-21....

They aren't big at all...just super fast...SWO had big receivers but they swarmed all over them...

i have to give WRH credit for even scheduling them. my East Duplin team has never backed down from a challenge either but this took some guts, knowing how well Havelock has done in recent years.

I hope the rams arent taking wrh lightly they have beat bigger teams ,bigger doesn't mean better, and for the passing game wrh will be just fine on passing downs playing defense, its gonna be an awesome game between two powerhouse teams.May The Way Best Team Win... Go Bulldogs!!!

I hope the rams arent taking wrh lightly they have beat bigger teams ,bigger doesn't mean better, and for the passing game wrh will be just fine on passing downs playing defense, its gonna be an awesome game between two powerhouse teams.May The Way Best Team Win... Go Bulldogs!!!
i agree with you that wrh can play with and beat most anybody, but i disagree with you on one thing. the wrh pass defense. the wrh pass defense is just like ED's. not very good. lets be honest. neither one of us have ever been that good at defending the pass.

To EdPanther i agree that our passing d isnt great but our hustle and grit gets us over alot of obstacles in games we play so i agree but many have tried to beat each team just passing but it doesnt always work... Wrh has gotten better against the pass we both will give up plays it happens but we wrh And ED know We have To Strive To Get Better!! My Nephew Dorian Plays For Ed!! So Lets Go Get em All Who says we cant lets show em we can!!

east Carteret played WRH with one of the best QBs in the state. Ask EC how they faired. same defense as last year

I was at the game i saw it they got slaughtered. Im a bulldog all day true and through im just saying theres always room for improvement u can always get better...

Reactions: 96panther
WRH has when they needed to. Ask JK and EC years passed.
yeah, but youre back in 2A now. try to go into a game against somebody like Shelby with a weak pass defense. you will get scorched in the air if you dont make some BIG defensive plays on pass D.

east Carteret played WRH with one of the best QBs in the state. Ask EC how they faired. same defense as last year
no offense but there are far more teams in 2A that are at or near WRH's level than there was in 1A. not saying WRH cant play with most anyone because i know they can. im just saying in 1A WRH was one of only a handful of teams that can truly play with almost anyone. in 2A there are a lot more, and your chances of getting getting burnt in the air is much higher on any given night. there is no cakewalk in the playoffs in 2A like there often is in 1A.

7-7 end of 1st quarter. Wallace scored within the first minute, Havelock scored towards the end of the quarter.

4th down, Wallace passes for the first time and results in a TD, from 30 yards out. 2 pt conversation fails. Wallace leads 13-7

Well Ed Panther ,shelby and anybody else put em on the field which shelby isnt that good this year. They wont make it this year
Plus we will see some good teams but we not chop liver!!!

Well Ed Panther ,shelby and anybody else put em on the field which shelby isnt that good this year. They wont make it this year
nobody said you were. 9/22 will be here before you know it but one game at a time. and believe me. we have a very good squad too!

Havelock just tried a fake punt at their own 27 yard line, no dice. Wallace takes over with a short field to work with. And....they fumble, Havelock recovers. Wallace could've taken back control there.

Keep believing Shelby is done.

Havelock goes for it on 4th and goal from the 14, incomplete. Wallace takes over at their own 14, 7 min left. Crunch time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT