ADVERTISEMENT

Huss at Shelby

On Fb, Huss peeps aready claming 45-38 win.
No way, No way Huss scores over 28

Ah, man, an old bitter rival returns, all these years later. There will be athletes all over the field next Friday. I had Hunter Huss as a sleeper going into the playoffs, before it was determined that we would be placed into 2AA and ultimately face them. I respect them so much athletically. They have a lot of interchangeable parts, and ever since they learned that we'd be 2AA, they have been calling for us, so they will be hungry.

We will not out athlete this team. We have to be fundamentally sound, win the turnover battle, and play disciplined football, we must reduce the problematic penalty yardage and commit no stupid penalties such as unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Tensions were always high when these two teams played in the past.

I'm confident we will win, but we're going to have to earn it. Seeing that Black and Gold and "Shelby" across our players chest means or does nothing to Huss. They will be ready.

Huss, EL/Monroe, is murderers' row.

Last edited:
Shelby wins by 2-3 TDs.......too much defense and big play offense

What about Dax LA? He doesn't play and the game favorite may swing the other way.

What about Dax LA? He doesn't play and the game favorite may swing the other way.
Dax is good. He could have gotten back in last night, and he wanted to badly, but was held out for precautionary reasons with the game already being decided.

That may be true but that shoulder is really starting to bother him.There has been several games were you could really see the pain.

It would take awhole heck of a lot for Dax to miss a game. That young man is 100% blood, sweat, and tears, literally leaves everything he has out there on the field.

We will see. I surely hope he can play since we will be playing a different level football team this Friday from what we have been seeing.Your boy had a great game last night LA.

We will see. I surely hope he can play since we will be playing a different level football team this Friday from what we have been seeing.Your boy had a great game last night LA.
Thanks, and I just learned that Dax's injury is more significant than I thought. You would know. Dang, man!!!! This is very disappointing to say the least.

Thanks, and I just learned that Dax's injury is more significant than I thought. You would know. Dang, man!!!! This is very disappointing to say the least.
Separated shoulder is usually 3 to 4 week heal?

Separated shoulder is usually 3 to 4 week heal?
Right, and Dax gets in his own way, because of who he is as a young man, meaning he'll argue that he's alright, and will sacrifice anything to play. You literally have to force him to sit. Hopefully, he will think about his long term future. This is numbing. We have great depth at linebacker, though.

We can go with the old motto,Next Man Up but we all know you just can't replace one of the best players in the country.

No sense sugar coating I respect Huss as much as anyone back in the day but these are different times. We are not RS and RS played them very tough last night I say we win by at least 3 TD's not disrespecting Huss just stating it like it is

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Right, and Dax gets in his own way, because of who he is as a young man, meaning he'll argue that he's alright, and will sacrifice anything to play. You literally have to force him to sit. Hopefully, he will think about his long term future. This is numbing. We have great depth at linebacker, though.
Jaylon, Will, and Brandon will step up plus Gullatte. However, it's important to remember that Dax often makes big play saving tackles by making the right read. Hard to replace that.

Reactions: Lion Attack
someone that was at that game told me RS played them tough until things went crazy and if you saw how RS played us they totally gave up near end of first half and that's what happen last night. I still feel our next challenge will be in 4th rd but yes we still have to go into the game as if it will be tough but we have way to much talent for Huss. Still have to show up and play hard strange things can happen but I just feel we will win big

Jaylon, Will, and Brandon will step up plus Gullatte. However, it's important to remember that Dax often makes big play saving tackles by making the right read. Hard to replace that.
You don't replace him.

Dang....DH is a true warrior...will Coach Ware actually attempt to sit his All everything LB out for very good and serious precautionary reasons moving forward? Pray GOD speed for this young mans injury recovery.....

Dang....DH is a true warrior...will Coach Ware actually attempt to sit his All everything LB out for very good and serious precautionary reasons moving forward? Pray GOD speed for this young mans injury recovery.....
Thanks for the support Zuk. I hope y'all take care of the Rams in round 4. Gotta get past Hend first.

Reactions: zukeridr
If your team defense is a system like alot of you say then you can save your best defensive player until the title game or 2nd half of the Western final if needed. I give you guys a hard time but your coach is one of the best around so I doubt he's in a panic like fans on a messageboard.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Goldenlion68, thanks for insight, didnt realize, all i saw was score.
Huss had 1 back with 150 yrds rushing, dont see 1 back beating us, i dont like a running qb though,
We still have to show up and play that's for sure. When you get to this level all the teams are here for a reason and cant let our guard down against anyone

Reactions: Sneed350Z
No panic and I'd be surprised if Dax doesn't start Friday. He played 3 games with a broken hand and reinjured it late in the season....thing looked like a balloon after one game (believe it was Crest) and he played on. No worries.

If your team defense is a system like alot of you say then you can save your best defensive player until the title game or 2nd half of the Western final if needed. I give you guys a hard time but your coach is one of the best around so I doubt he's in a panic like fans on a messageboard.
Ain't no panicking, Chopper, Dax is special, no doubt, but we are loaded at linebacker. I'm not saying this out of conceit. Keep an eye on Jaylon Scott, a sophomore linebacker. He's the next big recruit at Shelby.

I just talked to a Shelby player, and was told that this has been a lingering problem w/ Dax this season. It's nothing new, aparrently, it comes and goes. We will be fine.

Reactions: Chopper747
Thanks for the support Zuk. I hope y'all take care of the Rams in round 4. Gotta get past Hend first.
No problem....my son had a shoulder injury last year that we kept under wraps and should have went under the knife..one big mistake on our part...thankfully he pulled through...Dax is a beast ...hopefully it's not anything major...but yes we need to handle Hendo...and the possibly see the rams yet again...dreadfully... Lol...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT