ADVERTISEMENT

Huss at Shelby

@FBCapitolofNC i hope Reidsville remain so called injury free this year, so in the event that y'all lose, you and Tarfeelfan1 don't use that redundant, played out excuse. I wish we could go back and look at some of y'alls posts from the previous seasons, since y'all have been in the West. Just like this season, you all posted confidently until y'all were beaten, then used the injury excuse.

Y'all are so called healthy this season. You have your best quarterback ever, your best team ever. It appears that you all are on a collision course w/ Lincolnton, who pretty much returns the same team from last year. You guys will be favorited, but what could be that drastically different with both programs pretty much returning their same teams from last year. Lincolnton is actually better offensively this season. It's going to be interesting. If you lose, give props to the better team, please.

You always say I use that excuse when I said Shelby was better in 2013 and 2014. Even if Reidsville was healthy. Reidsville was completely healthy in 2014. I don't think this our best qb ever either, best passing qb though.

Inside look at the numbers
Shelby - 13-0 6-0 against <.500 teams scoring 307/46. 7-0 against .500 teams scoring 241/49 scoring average 34.4/7 per game. Greater than .500 opponents record 60-29

Huss 10-3 6-0 against <.500 teams 4-3 against >.500 team. Scoring 255/76 against less than .500 and 204/124 greater than .500 team. Averages 29.1/17.7 against >.500 teams. Great than .500 opponents record of 57/30.

With those numbers I predict Shelby will be laying -18. Based on defense holding Huss' offense 12 under average and Shelby's O holding their average output.

I think the best Reidsville team that Shelby played was in the 2007 state championship game (28-20 Reidsville win).

I agree....but do you recall the offensive scheme for Reidsville that game? It was a qb with a banged up, gimpy leg hobbling out of the pocket and just throwing it up and hoping his receivers came down with the ball. Kind of like "let's try to out athlete you".

I agree....but do you recall the offensive scheme for Reidsville that game? It was a qb with a banged up, gimpy leg hobbling out of the pocket and just throwing it up and hoping his receivers came down with the ball. Kind of like "let's try to out athlete you".

It worked, didnt it?

And good to see that Reidsville posters invade Shelby threads as the latter does to the former.

Inside look at the numbers
Shelby - 13-0 6-0 against <.500 teams scoring 307/46. 7-0 against .500 teams scoring 241/49 scoring average 34.4/7 per game. Greater than .500 opponents record 60-29

Huss 10-3 6-0 against <.500 teams 4-3 against >.500 team. Scoring 255/76 against less than .500 and 204/124 greater than .500 team. Averages 29.1/17.7 against >.500 teams. Great than .500 opponents record of 57/30.

With those numbers I predict Shelby will be laying -18. Based on defense holding Huss' offense 12 under average and Shelby's O holding their average output.

Huss has no chance in this one. For information : South Point had both OTs out/injured against Shelby but Defense played well (held Shelby to 24 points). Played worst game of the year against Huss. Played 2nd half with 5 starters out of game injured, plus fumble return for 99 yd touchdown (14 point swing). Huss won't hold Shelby to 24 points,maybe not 48 and will have trouble scoring. Don't get your hopes up

Has game been postponed???

Reactions: shutdownD24
Special teams could be big.

Huss has not attempted a FG all season according to stats on MaxPreps...is that true?

Huss has 7 return TDs (punt/KO)...

I wonder why the South Point fans are hating on Huss so much? No love for your conference champs and fellow Gaston County brethren? Must be still stinging from that L that was hung on you on your home field. I am waiting for one of the SP fans to say that only their "jv's" played against Huss. You guys delete starters every time you talk about that game lol...

ROFL !!!!!

All we need is ninja to come on and tell us how Huss is " breaking all kinds of science " with their speed

Didn't South Points middle school play against huss that night ? Or did Coondog scare off the coaches that one night by dissin' em on the boards ??? I think it was the latter

ROFL !!!!!

All we need is ninja to come on and tell us how Huss is " breaking all kinds of science " with their speed

Didn't South Points middle school play against huss that night ? Or did Coondog scare off the coaches that one night by dissin' em on the boards ??? I think it was the latter
Thats funny!

ROFL !!!!!

Lol...

Can someone from Huss confirm or deny that a party bus was booked for Friday night? I also keep hearing that Huss has reserved rooms for the championship game. I told my son this as I dropped him off at school this morning. He will relay the message to the team.

Can someone from Huss confirm or deny that a party bus was booked for Friday night? I also keep hearing that Huss has reserved rooms for the championship game. I told my son this as I dropped him off at school this morning. He will relay the message to the team.
Dumb that a grown up would actually believe this and then feel the need to relay that to his son who's on the team for extra motivation.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports...-has-long-family-history-with-shelby-football

Former Shelby great comes back with son to compete against former team. 10th grade son is a stud also. Aubrey and Tony played against each other back in the day now their sons get to compete against each other. Win or lose Huss should make plenty of noise next year also with the impressive underclassmen on their roster.
Yeah, that was a good read, and you're right, Huss has some impressive underclassmen on their roster.

Last edited:
No way a kid named Marcus Mauney should not be playing for Shelby.

All-time rushing list at Shelby High School:

CAREER RUSHING LEADERS

3,818—Tavorris Jolly—(2002-05)
3,809---Marcus Mauney—(1968-70)
3,188---Arsenio Parks----(2003-06)
3,168---Travis Roseboro—(1997-99)
2,931---Bryan Moss-----(2008-11)
2,914---Cedric Surratt----(1985-87)
2,864---Tommy London—(1970-72)
2,756---Norris Hopper---(1994-97)
2,618---Kipton Key----(2008-11)
2,596---Larry Raper---(2005-08)

SINGLE SEASON RUSHING YARDAGE
1,936—Marcus Mauney---(1970)
1,770---Travis Roseboro---(1998)
1,580---Chad Reid---------(2014)
1,558---Arsenio Parks---(2006)
1,442-- Tommy London---(1972)

I'm far too young to remember Marcus Mauney, but seeing the name Norris Hopper brings back memories. Definitely one of the top five or so athletes I've ever seen play high school football. Not a bad baseball player either.

Marcus Mauney is like THE legend of Shelby football. When I was a kid in the 80's, that's who everyone was compared to. "He's pretty good, but no Marcus Mauney."

That being said, Shouldn't Xavier Brooks be somewhere on those lists?

Nevermind - Found statmans list on facebook. Brooks is right after that on career yardage. If he'd had all this year and next, he probably would have broke the all-time record.

Nevermind - Found statmans list on facebook. Brooks is right after that on career yardage. If he'd had all this year and next, he probably would have broke the all-time record.

If he wears his Shelby helmet in the Penitentiary league games wont those yards count toward his career yardage. Much like counting WNCHSAA titles as State titles

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT