ADVERTISEMENT

HS Transfer Portal

And people wonder why academics have gone downhill, and half the kids have low level reading efficiency. We also wonder why there's such a need for remedial classes in college.
Colleges haven’t gotten worse, just more numerous. Enrollment has tripled in the past 50 years and a larger % of students attend. College is a now a for profit enterprise and less for public benefit.

Because there are many times where transfers help kids. It's not always on the field, but it could be a social issue or an educational issue.

But keeping it on the football field, outlawing transfers is locking a kid in when coaches have freedom to move around. If you're a WR and your new coach runs the double wing, you should have the right to change schools for example. That's how we got the transfer portal in the first place in college football.

Not to mention you would have lawsuits out the a** from parents not being able to have a say so in where their kid plays sports. Horrible idea

Because there are many times where transfers help kids. It's not always on the field, but it could be a social issue or an educational issue.

But keeping it on the football field, outlawing transfers is locking a kid in when coaches have freedom to move around. If you're a WR and your new coach runs the double wing, you should have the right to change schools for example. That's how we got the transfer portal in the first place in college football.

Not to mention you would have lawsuits out the a** from parents not being able to have a say so in where their kid plays sports. Horrible idea
And it won’t be long
before parents sue the State, who are refusing to extend NIL to public schools, but are OK with the privates. Can you imagine that you had a kid who could make $100k/yr., but are denied by govt. That’s anti-capitalism!

Reactions: Wiseman83
I was told by a senior administrator that most schools in CMS have 100 to 200 kids per school using affidavits to attend the school of choice. It only matters if you play football. A couple of kids from chambers were on their way to Butler, and they were sent back.

@bigdadd11103 Correct me if I am wrong, did Elijah Littlejohn transfer from WC to Charlotte Christian and then transferred from Charlotte Christian to West Meck? If true than why not transfer back to WC or is West Meck his home school?

@bigdadd11103 Correct me if I am wrong, did Elijah Littlejohn transfer from WC to Charlotte Christian and then transferred from Charlotte Christian to West Meck? If true than why not transfer back to WC or is West Meck his home school?
Mom worked at WC but she lost her job at WC. Went to Christian as a result of that. West Meck is the home school, to my understanding.

Mom worked at WC but she lost her job at WC. Went to Christian as a result of that. West Meck is the home school, to my understanding.
Pep nailed it. WC is part IB so unless WC was his homeschool or he had a parent there he could not return. Once u leave a magnet it's 365 to another magnet or return to homeschool.

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT