ADVERTISEMENT

HS Transfer Portal

In other news. Some kids attempted to move to new schools, were recently sent back home, to the school they were trying to leave. It's crazy in the Queen City right now.
That is what will happen in Wilmington, unless they want to go to NH. Their doors are always open. NH has lived off Laney for 20 plus years. Now that Laney has a good coach players are staying and NH has been down. NH is getting kids from Ashley but they aren’t usually high end football players.

In other news. Some kids attempted to move to new schools, were recently sent back home, to the school they were trying to leave. It's crazy in the Queen City right now.
Open it all the way up. Go anywhere you choose in Meck County. Trying to legislate it is beyond what the system was set up for. When they selectively involve themselves it looks like they are picking winners and lovers. Just silly at this point. Let these kids parents destroy their youth..

Creek had over 20 scholarship kids 2019, that consist of a QB Dustin Noller, nominee for Harlon Hill (D2 Heisman), Trent Simpson who will start for the Ravens this year, 3 to 4 kids coming out of college this year with draft potential. 4 Power 5 Linemen, with the majority of the 20 plus going D1, ranked Nationally with a Coach that went to 4 State Championships and won 13 conference Championships in a very short tenure with the program as the 1st head coach. WE LOST! So, when guys are bragging about the new kids they got and loading up. Good Luck with that. You're going to get everyone's best game. It's a lot harder than one would believe. You're going to be everyone's Superbowl. I don’t know if that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
Man stop it. You have no boundary and can recruits 6 counties. CC basketball recruits like no other. CC football has gotten transfers too. U don't have to announce them when they can get in freely.

Shows just how arrogant and out of touch CC is. Coaches want them removed like yesterday.
Catholic got a 6’4 190 kid from Crest that’s a good BBall player and football player (WR)

I heard their top WR is heading to Butler along with an Athlete (Concepcion & Harrison)
Unfortunate news. Not just saying this as a Chambers’ supporter, but had that core stuck around, Chambers is right there with Grimsley, Creek, East Forsyth, Butler, Indy, etc as secondary contender teams behind Weddington in the west. Hell, Chambers came the closest in beating Weddington in the playoffs (always a very tough matchup for Weddington). Wish all of those guys well. NuNu and Jeremiah are very very good kids and will have very successful futures.

Unfortunate news. Not just saying this as a Chambers’ supporter, but had that core stuck around, Chambers is right there with Grimsley, Creek, East Forsyth, Butler, Indy, etc as secondary contender teams behind Weddington in the west. Hell, Chambers came the closest in beating Weddington in the playoffs (always a very tough matchup for Weddington). Wish all of those guys well. NuNu and Jeremiah are very very good kids and will have very successful futures.
Has Jaden reported back to play QB?

That is what will happen in Wilmington, unless they want to go to NH. Their doors are always open. NH has lived off Laney for 20 plus years. Now that Laney has a good coach players are staying and NH has been down. NH is getting kids from Ashley but they aren’t usually high end football players.
Waddell #1 at Laney the CB/WR transferred to NHHS.

I have to say seeing local high school football reporters who I respect talking about transfers in a positive light is disappointing. They are making kids think jumping to a better team is the way to do it over working hard as a team and becoming better. The world has changed where we praise the easy route.

I have to say seeing local high school football reporters who I respect talking about transfers in a positive light is disappointing. They are making kids think jumping to a better team is the way to do it over working hard as a team and becoming better. The world has changed where we praise the easy route.
The ship has sailed on what the world used to be. I don't think anyone is saying transferring is what you should do, but to just outright condemn it isn't the answer either

Huh? So if the child has worked hard for three years and said coach gets a better transfer at his position the child should just sit the bench their senior year and be happy about it? HS coaches prioritize youth especially in building situations. So a SR should just sit bench while a younger player learns or possibly go to a contender and play as SR? Haven't seen many of these coaches turn a great transfer away. Fanbases are glad to receive transfers and mad when they lose them. Lets not act like some of these players get bad deals at their current HS and they have to leave to reset their career. Some coaches just dont like some players, and its greatly based on ability not character. Coaches put up with way more from a talented player than a marginal one with great attitude.

Huh? So if the child has worked hard for three years and said coach gets a better transfer at his position the child should just sit the bench their senior year and be happy about it? HS coaches prioritize youth especially in building situations. So a SR should just sit bench while a younger player learns or possibly go to a contender and play as SR? Haven't seen many of these coaches turn a great transfer away. Fanbases are glad to receive transfers and mad when they lose them. Lets not act like some of these players get bad deals at their current HS and they have to leave to reset their career. Some coaches just dont like some players, and its greatly based on ability not character. Coaches put up with way more from a talented player than a marginal one with great attitude.
You put waaay to much of you opinion into mine. I never said half of what you put!😂

I simply said the transfer portal is being put in a positive light now and the more these local high school prep guys talk about it the more it will happen. Again just my opinion!

I thought we were recruiting, guess we just suck at it.
Catholic Cougar boasts an impressive roster of talented football players. While I cannot definitively compare them to all 100 transfers or determine if the transfers surpass the abilities of Catholic Cougar's players, I can affirm that they are among the top performers in the sport. This season is poised to be highly successful for the football program. While winning the championship is the ultimate goal, we can anticipate they will come very close to achieving it. The excitement buzzing around this board is palpable, isn't it? The transfers and the program they are tied to sound incredible, without a doubt! But we must ask ourselves, will they truly resonate with the heartbeat and be an asset of the football program they currently call home?

You put waaay to much of you opinion into mine. I never said half of what you put!😂

I simply said the transfer portal is being put in a positive light now and the more these local high school prep guys talk about it the more it will happen. Again just my opinion!
To some players leaving tough situations the transfer portal is positive. To some trying to reset their career it is positive.

This Disney world narrative that you can simply work hard your way out of a bad situation or should just stay and stick it out is not realistic. In college some guys get over recruited yearly and are encouraged to hit the portal. Some go to a school and it's just a bad fit. Some over commit and realize they can't play at a certain level.

HS has similar issues including more coaching changes, transfers in, different academic programs, and in metro areas better opp/coaching at another closeby location. So families have to weigh situations as they only get 4 years. So it's more nuanced then most think.

Reactions: Straight Scope
Catholic Cougar boasts an impressive roster of talented football players. While I cannot definitively compare them to all 100 transfers or determine if the transfers surpass the abilities of Catholic Cougar's players, I can affirm that they are among the top performers in the sport. This season is poised to be highly successful for the football program. While winning the championship is the ultimate goal, we can anticipate they will come very close to achieving it. The excitement buzzing around this board is palpable, isn't it? The transfers and the program they are tied to sound incredible, without a doubt! But we must ask ourselves, will they truly resonate with the heartbeat and be an asset of the football program they currently call home?
Church boys have been recruiting since day one the school opened.
Now it's an equal playing field, and CC will never touch a title in football, period.

Church boys have been recruiting since day one the school opened.
Now it's an equal playing field, and CC will never touch a title in football, period.
How can equality be assessed in situations involving NC questionable transfers between all these programs? Are you familiar with Coach Emery's qualifications? When Charlotte Catholic is committed to showcasing their abilities, they consistently go after the challenges they encounter.

lol why even involve yourself in this conversation with that introduction if you know folks will have a rebuttal.

Catholic plays by a different rule book than anyone else. If you talk to coaches in YOUR OWN conference, they will say this privately. I can tell you now many 🏀 coaches in CMS absolutely despise playing Catholic for obvious reasons.
They sure don't mind the gate!

Ok....I was just going to post that last one but now I'm going all in on this transfer crap. Sorry in advance for the book I'm about to write. Feel free to talk as much crap as possible I can take it. I've been watching HS football in this state for almost 30 years.

FOOTBALL FROM THE 1980's WHERE IT WAS THIS NEIGHBORHOOD VS THAT NEIGHBORHOOD IS GONE! ITS NOT COMING BACK! YOU CAN CHANGE WITH THE TIMES OR YOU WILL GET FIRED WISHING IT WAS STILL LIKE IT WAS IN 1987 HEAD COACHES.

Now,

Everyone loves to talk sh** about Grimsley recruiting by paying kids and now I hear Todd Willert at East Forsyth has a car dealership and gives kids new mustangs LMFAO!!!??? (that a joke) (sad I have to say that cause some of you would be running around saying that crap tomorrow)

Ok, This crap is so simple! If a kid lives in a district with a head coach that can't build relationships with todays generation of kids they will leave. If all your schools HC does it complain about these tik-tok kids or these 7v7 kids or something along those line, they will leave. Next, If that same coach at that same school only plays football August 1st to November because they don't get paid during the offseason they will leave. If Football is not a #1 priority at the school and if not the #1 it has to be a huge part of the school or they will leave. If your school has a BS off-season program, and I don't mean kids taking weight lifting class during PE and calling it "Off-Season" they will leave. Basically if the team isn't doing offseason lifting, skill programs, and 7v7 or something similar kids will leave. If there are no coaches taking kids on recruiting trips, the team is always just ok and are thinking its a good year by only winning 5 games and getting bounced in the 1st rd by 60 every year they will leave or not show up. In other words they don't win games, and nobody is graduating and going to play big time D-1..... Well, kids are going to start leaving! These kids are going where kids are 1.) getting offers, and 2). winning or competing for Championships. We all have smartphones and the internet now people. Its no longer the true East Side of town vs the South Side of town. Kids see a program has cooler stuff on the internet and social media now.

Football is now we have the coaches and the connections to get kids to the next level more than you guys on the other side of town do and we have cooler stuff at our program for you (player) to take part in. Its simple as that and if your school doesn't have that you need to stop complaining on NC Preps and Twitter or X and start asking Why is that..? Now......, how do we get that? Grimsley did that! 2015/2016 Grimsley went out and got Darryl Brown from Southern Guilford where the football Stadium is named after his freaking dad. They wanted a young coach who understood these things and could communicate with the kids in a way to get them to stay. Remember people in 2014/2015 Grimsley flat out sucked, the field sucked, and Jamieson Stadium was the biggest pile of crap in Greensboro. Grimsley had gone through about 8 HC's in 10 years. Brown comes in and people literally said WTF is he thinking leaving Southern and going for that crap job. NOBODY thought they'd do this. If you say you saw it coming and your last name is not Brown or one of his guys he brought in with him you're lying so shut up. Grimsley was getting smashed by Page, Northern Guilford, and Dudley in the transfer portal as you all call it every offseason. Well, 2 years later Grimsley goes over to East Forsyth 2018 and gets smoked in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. East goes on to finish the season 15-0 and Willert wins his 1st Championship. That night I remember saying to a friend in the crowd that Grimsley is young and maybe on to something. The very next year 2019 they only lost 2 games. Both to East Forsyth at home and both were 20-19 only the 2nd loss was to go to the State Championship. How did this happen and how did it happen? Those were mostly all his players. He wasn't winning the off-season getting players in there. Then Covid hit and then Page let their guard down and boom, BOOM! Brown stepped it up won the off-season and got a ton of talent to his school. 2020 They win the State Championship (yes I know it was a Spring half a season but they still got the rings). They put a ton of work into all the extras like uniforms helmets ands mostly they made Jamieson Stadium one of the best places to watch a game. Like the voice said in Field of Dreams. If you build it they will come. Or something like that and thats what they did. Now Jamieson looks like a small college stadium with state of the art sound and scoreboards. It looks amazing over there because someone is putting in time and effort. They are winning the off-season! Now, look at your schools program and see if they are keeping up with the Jones next door. If they are kids wont be leaving on a regular. Its that simple.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
Ok....I was just going to post that last one but now I'm going all in on this transfer crap. Sorry in advance for the book I'm about to write. Feel free to talk as much crap as possible I can take it. I've been watching HS football in this state for almost 30 years.

FOOTBALL FROM THE 1980's WHERE IT WAS THIS NEIGHBORHOOD VS THAT NEIGHBORHOOD IS GONE! ITS NOT COMING BACK! YOU CAN CHANGE WITH THE TIMES OR YOU WILL GET FIRED WISHING IT WAS STILL LIKE IT WAS IN 1987 HEAD COACHES.

Now,

Everyone loves to talk sh** about Grimsley recruiting by paying kids and now I hear Todd Willert at East Forsyth has a car dealership and gives kids new mustangs LMFAO!!!??? (that a joke) (sad I have to say that cause some of you would be running around saying that crap tomorrow)

Ok, This crap is so simple! If a kid lives in a district with a head coach that can't build relationships with todays generation of kids they will leave. If all your schools HC does it complain about these tik-tok kids or these 7v7 kids or something along those line, they will leave. Next, If that same coach at that same school only plays football August 1st to November because they don't get paid during the offseason they will leave. If Football is not a #1 priority at the school and if not the #1 it has to be a huge part of the school or they will leave. If your school has a BS off-season program, and I don't mean kids taking weight lifting class during PE and calling it "Off-Season" they will leave. Basically if the team isn't doing offseason lifting, skill programs, and 7v7 or something similar kids will leave. If there are no coaches taking kids on recruiting trips, the team is always just ok and are thinking its a good year by only winning 5 games and getting bounced in the 1st rd by 60 every year they will leave or not show up. In other words they don't win games, and nobody is graduating and going to play big time D-1..... Well, kids are going to start leaving! These kids are going where kids are 1.) getting offers, and 2). winning or competing for Championships. We all have smartphones and the internet now people. Its no longer the true East Side of town vs the South Side of town. Kids see a program has cooler stuff on the internet and social media now.

Football is now we have the coaches and the connections to get kids to the next level more than you guys on the other side of town do and we have cooler stuff at our program for you (player) to take part in. Its simple as that and if your school doesn't have that you need to stop complaining on NC Preps and Twitter or X and start asking Why is that..? Now......, how do we get that? Grimsley did that! 2015/2016 Grimsley went out and got Darryl Brown from Southern Guilford where the football Stadium is named after his freaking dad. They wanted a young coach who understood these things and could communicate with the kids in a way to get them to stay. Remember people in 2014/2015 Grimsley flat out sucked, the field sucked, and Jamieson Stadium was the biggest pile of crap in Greensboro. Grimsley had gone through about 8 HC's in 10 years. Brown comes in and people literally said WTF is he thinking leaving Southern and going for that crap job. NOBODY thought they'd do this. If you say you saw it coming and your last name is not Brown or one of his guys he brought in with him you're lying so shut up. Grimsley was getting smashed by Page, Northern Guilford, and Dudley in the transfer portal as you all call it every offseason. Well, 2 years later Grimsley goes over to East Forsyth 2018 and gets smoked in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. East goes on to finish the season 15-0 and Willert wins his 1st Championship. That night I remember saying to a friend in the crowd that Grimsley is young and maybe on to something. The very next year 2019 they only lost 2 games. Both to East Forsyth at home and both were 20-19 only the 2nd loss was to go to the State Championship. How did this happen and how did it happen? Those were mostly all his players. He wasn't winning the off-season getting players in there. Then Covid hit and then Page let their guard down and boom, BOOM! Brown stepped it up won the off-season and got a ton of talent to his school. 2020 They win the State Championship (yes I know it was a Spring half a season but they still got the rings). They put a ton of work into all the extras like uniforms helmets ands mostly they made Jamieson Stadium one of the best places to watch a game. Like the voice said in Field of Dreams. If you build it they will come. Or something like that and thats what they did. Now Jamieson looks like a small college stadium with state of the art sound and scoreboards. It looks amazing over there because someone is putting in time and effort. They are winning the off-season! Now, look at your schools program and see if they are keeping up with the Jones next door. If they are kids wont be leaving on a regular. Its that simple.
Did you know that over 340 players have been given the prestigious five-star designation by 247Sports? But here's the real kicker, Florida has produced over 60 of these top players while Texas has a solid 50. North Carolina not so much. Maybe 15!

New HC and new staff that has fired or ran off everyone that had anything to do with the old regime. He doesn't talk to any of the old heads so... they stop coming around

I know its some talent on the roster, where 2nd place is possible for Nwg. Hammock is a nice prospect and oly a sophomore.

Now,

I wouldn't say losing your AD and Asst. AD is winning the off season. Both were a big reason why the football program turned things around. The timing of the AD leaving abruptly leaves some questions on if and why he was forced out.

I wouldn't say losing your AD and Asst. AD is winning the off season. Both were a big reason why the football program turned things around. The timing of the AD leaving abruptly leaves some questions on if and why he was forced out.
First of all, Grimsley doesn’t have an Asst. AD. AD left of his own volition, a move that had been long contemplated, despite your spurious inferences.

Warhead was spot on: coaching and facilities have undergone a major facelift. Players are like customers at restaurants: they leave crappy ones and go to the good ones. There is no active recruiting per se, but when players/parents show up there isn’t any dissuasion either. When coaches treat players well, win, elevate and have high level recruits, the word gets out. Grimsley has had to 2 Fives, 2 Fours and 2 Three star Recruits in the past three years. Don’t be mad b/c Kirby Smart’s helicopter doesn’t make frequent landings at Kirby Stadium.

AD wasn’t forced out, unlike WHP, and why they left is none your business.

• Haha
Reactions: Warhead1
First of all, Grimsley doesn’t have an Asst. AD. AD left of his own volition, a move that had been long contemplated, despite your spurious inferences.

Warhead was spot on: coaching and facilities have undergone a major facelift. Players are like customers at restaurants: they leave crappy ones and go to the good ones. There is no active recruiting per se, but when players/parents show up there isn’t any dissuasion either. When coaches treat players well, win, elevate and have high level recruits, the word gets out. Grimsley has had to 2 Fives, 2 Fours and 2 Three star Recruits in the past three years. Don’t be mad b/c Kirby Smart’s helicopter doesn’t make frequent landings at Kirby Stadium.

AD wasn’t forced out, unlike WHP, and why they left is none your business.
The other coach who left didn't have an official Asst AD title, but he was on staff and he was helping the AD. He says so himself in a greensborosports YouTube video interview.

Last edited:
The other coach who left didn't have an official Asst AD title, but he was on staff and he was helping the AD. He says so himself in a greensborosports YouTube video interview.
Link that video, looked thru the archive and didn’t see anything. Thx

100% right on that playoff game. Could've easily gone the other way. Felt like Chambers went away from things that were working.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports

Now,

And people wonder why academics have gone downhill, and half the kids have low level reading efficiency. We also wonder why there's such a need for remedial classes in college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT