ADVERTISEMENT

Holley v Price, Brian Aldridge v Joey Price East Duplin is coming to Whiteville

The Panthers make the trek to Whiteville. I’m sure Whiteville will have revenge on their mind after being taken to the woodshed in Beulaville last year. You did get beat by the eventual champs though.

New year and new teams. Lots of headlines to be made here, but the biggest one could be the availability of our big running back Davis. He was injured on the first drive of the game tonight and never returned. I’m being told that it could be a serious injury.

If he can’t go Friday, it definitely changes the dynamics of our team. Prayers up to the kid.

Thankfully we had a good showing from some of our JV players and our other starting backs picked up the slack.

No prediction here yet, but I’m expecting a good game.

New year and new teams. Lots of headlines to be made here, but the biggest one could be the availability of our big running back Davis. He was injured on the first drive of the game tonight and never returned. I’m being told that it could be a serious injury.

If he can’t go Friday, it definitely changes the dynamics of our team. Prayers up to the kid.

He broke his collarbone.

I personally am very much looking forward to the new offense Battle is implementing. This is going to make for an exciting game if he’s being serious which I believe he is. I think they will spread the guys out and let that veteran qb of their air it out. I think he’ll throw for 300 plus.

• Wow
Reactions: oldway55
I personally am very much looking forward to the new offense Battle is implementing. This is going to make for an exciting game if he’s being serious which I believe he is. I think they will spread the guys out and let that veteran qb of their air it out. I think he’ll throw for 300 plus.
Something new at this stage could bite him in a--

I will put $100 bucks he won’t

Reactions: CatScratchFever23
What new offense are you referring to?

You’ll see Friday, it’s a thing of beauty. You guys are lucky to have him. I swear I saw him on the UNC sidelines the other week talking to Mack
Sitting here drinking a LIT with former coach with Battle and he said Battle been running that for years

Well after watching the game film from Fridays game I know the kid threw for close to 200 yards. I guess I need to apologize to some people because I had heard the kid could throw but I didn’t believe it.
No huddle, shotgun, 5 wide, sling it every play.!!! 🤣

The Panthers aren't healthy at all. Lost their big back this week. QB is also dinged up and not sure if Moore will be back 100%. This game will be close. With everything going on I have Whiteville by 4.

EDs passing will be almost solely off of play action from their base formations. No way that staff will reinvent the wheel in one week regardless of who is available or who is not available. Their system is tested and has proven very successful. Tweaks yes, but an all out change just will not happen.

IMO, the key is line play on both sides. Whiteville is the higher seed, playing at home, with an experienced group. As a result, they should be favored.

As mentioned by others, the subplots in these match ups (ED/Whiteville, WRH/Whiteville, ED/WRH) go back a long way.

I think it has the potential to be a great game.

The Panthers aren't healthy at all. Lost their big back this week. QB is also dinged up and not sure if Moore will be back 100%. This game will be close. With everything going on I have Whiteville by 4.
Injuries has hit ED hard. Actually more than you even named. I could seriously see ED lining up with 2 freshman and a sophomore in the backfield next Friday alot of the time. But is what it is. ED will come to play and still have a chance.

Injuries has hit ED hard. Actually more than you even named. I could seriously see ED lining up with 2 freshman and a sophomore in the backfield next Friday alot of the time. But is what it is. ED will come to play and still have a chance.
They'll definitely have a chance for sure. I know Battle and Aldridge will have those boys ready.

I can also say after dealing with that staff for a long time in the past, injuries will not be used as an excuse (at least not by the staff). They will coach up what they have and will get the absolute most out of their kids.

A lot of football games have been won by people on both staffs. Quick count is roughly 700 total victories between both Prices, Aldridge and Holley. You do not win that many games not being able to adjust to injuries.

You're gonna get what you always get from east duplin. Injuries? Then next man up. Their style of play ain't gonna change. Maybe a wrinkle or two added, but it's the wing t. They’ll play hard, and they'll fight to the end. You better bring ya A game to beat em.

You're gonna get what you always get from east duplin. Injuries? Then next man up. Their style of play ain't gonna change. Maybe a wrinkle or two added, but it's the wing t. They’ll play hard, and they'll fight to the end. You better bring ya A game to beat em.
Those young guys are good and going to be great in the future. I can tell you for sure that the ones that matter are coming to play and planning on winning.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
No wrinkles, they have thrown it all out. Zach is going to ball out!!!! Look for a fast paced no huddle offense with Zach spreading them out
Don't know what your drug of choice is tonight, but this is Duplin Co! If your air assault occurs, it will definitely be a first, at least that I can remember!

You know it sounds crazy but tbh that’s what I’m hearing and I like to think I have a pretty good source. I guess you guys will see Friday. I’m siding with ED in this game.
Look at the comparative scores of ED, WRH and Whiteville against James Kenan

Whiteville beat JK by 35
ED and WRH both won by 21 over JK

Well I’m not sure if that holds much weight because Northeastern beat Holmes by 45 and Hertford County only won by 4 over them. Northeastern beat Hertford County by just 1. When dealing with these young kids you never know what might happen. Only one things for certain Friday, East Duplin has completely thrown out the playbook from what I’ve heard. The hell with tradition is what’s been said so you guys down south are in for a treat.

Reactions: O&B Attack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT