ADVERTISEMENT

Holley v Price, Brian Aldridge v Joey Price East Duplin is coming to Whiteville

Does anybody have an stats for the Wolfpack for the season? NReporter used to have this info but they are not covering sports as they once were:( .

Though we have not faced any passing teams, I think your secondary will hold up reasonably well, we do have some shut down cover guys that play very well covering #3, #11, #8 and the QB #6.

Does anybody have a stats for the Wolfpack for the season? NReporter used to have this info but they are not covering sports as they once were:( .
Don’t think the school has anyone doing stats on a reg basis. Strick 68 and myself did them for 20 years, and asked the school to give us someone to train before we hung it up. No interest . As long as radio was broadcasting they had a stat man, David Ransom, who did an outstanding job. Not every coach makes it a priority, can be a real distraction when the kids during the season are more interested in their stats than the game at hand. Not many sports writers bother with stats anymore. Jiggs Powers and Dan Biser are no more!

Whiteville beat JK by 35
ED and WRH both won by 21 over JK

Well I’m not sure if that holds much weight because Northeastern beat Holmes by 45 and Hertford County only won by 4 over them. Northeastern beat Hertford County by just 1. When dealing with these young kids you never know what might happen. Only one things for certain Friday, East Duplin has completely thrown out the playbook from what I’ve heard. The hell with tradition is what’s been said so you guys down south are in for a treat.
I’d believe it when I d see it. I wouldn’t change Horses in middle of stream; what may be very interesting is how the game is officiated. This game could last 3 hours +

Last edited:
These will be different officials so the officiating should be good. I heard the Clinton/Whiteville game officiating was very bad.
dagoob it was the worst I’ve ever seen. There were not many plays that a penalty wasn’t called. On the tv sports clips, showed a couple of those phantom calls. Just thankful the Horses were good enough to overcome that. I will say there were bad calls both ways on us and Whiteville . We had a 7pm.start (actually 6:50)and I think we got out of there about 10:15. I didn’t think the officials were going to let it end!!!!!!

Last edited:
dagoob it was the worst I’ve ever seen. There were not many plays that a penalty wasn’t called. On the tv sports clips, showed a couple of those phantom calls. Just thankful the Horses were good enough to overcome that. I will say there were bad calls both ways on us and Whiteville . We had a 7pm.start (actually 6:50)and I think we got out of there about 10:-1@5. I didn’t think the officials were going to let it end!!!!!!
Fortunately your Horse we’re just that much better than the Pack so it didn’t change the outcome.

dagoob, I think I know what you were referencing to in “shocker.” Some folks might need some nerve medication Saturday morning as well as rendering up whatever goes well with crow.
Hope it’s not me!!!!!!!!!!!! 😱

We had a great radio broadcast for decades and that’s gone too. Gotta go to the game if u want to see the Pack. Not a good thing but it is what it is….for now.

Isn't that a shame. A new score board, a fairly new field house and a small press box, but no NFHS. Now tell me what is wrong with this story. Back to the game. For the Pack to win this game, they are going to need to play their best game of the year. They will have to win on both sides of the ball and have no turnovers. Can they do this is the big question? I think they can if they have got their minds right. They have been playing really good ball since the WC game averaging over 50 points a game, and giving up 6 points a game against average, and below average teams. ED is a very good team with very good players and two really great coaches. The Pack has some very good players and two great coaches also. I hate to pick against my team so I will go against Simmons and say the Pack wins by 3 points. Good luck to both teams, hope the winner goes all the way. I love my Pack, but also like ED.

Reactions: dogs79 and oldway55
Unfortunately I think my Panthers have lost too many players. We will be thin and very young. I have to pick the Pack by 7. ED can win but will have to play optimaly in all phases and no more injuries.

No matter what happens the future is bright for ED. The most young skill talent I have ever seen at ED.

Haven't seen Whiteville play, but I'm sure the prices will put a good product on the field this time or year. Home field advantage and revenge factor figured in, I'll go Whiteville in a nail biter.

Unfortunately I think my Panthers have lost too many players. We will be thin and very young. I have to pick the Pack by 7. ED can win but will have to play optimaly in all phases and no more injuries.

No matter what happens the future is bright for ED. The most young skill talent I have ever seen at ED.
I still believe ED pulls it out in a close hard fought game hopefully. Coaches have had all week to adjust.
True what you say about the young talent and maybe some of the best ever coming in that 8th grade class.

Without NFHS streaming the game, I'm hoping we'll have some posters to keep us updated on here.

ED by 3

Reactions: WrhDog448
I still believe ED pulls it out in a close hard fought game hopefully. Coaches have had all week to adjust.
True what you say about the young talent and maybe some of the best ever coming in that 8th grade class.
I've seen some good players at ED when Brian was coaching. One in particular was Easy championship I believe was a packed house. Standing in end zone it was 4 or 5 deep. They shot cannon off when players came out,scared hell out of me. Great game. ED lost in last couple minutes with intercepted pass by Clinton. Wish I could see more games like this.

Reactions: oldway55
Pack lines are dominanting East Duplin lines 21-0 at the half hardly any rushing yards for ED.

Definitely did better than most folks predicted. Still think a healthy squad could have gone a couple more rounds but health is part of it. They’ll be better for it next year.
A healthy team would have beaten the Pack but Congrats to them. ED surpassed all expectations after losing Gaby and 12-15 starters from last year. Should be a Good game next week with SWE.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT