ADVERTISEMENT

Hoggard vs Pinecrest

S2V2

Feb 28, 2018
Football.jpg

Port
Whats the word here with this game. Break it down for us if you dont mind sir.

Well PC is going to try and run it and control the clock and wear down the defense. They only throw it 12 times a game. Hoggard defense isn’t overly big but they have good speed. They will play disciplined but will PC be able to impose their will. Hoggard offense is well balanced and will run it and throw it. Their 3 WRs are very good and the teams best playmakers. If Hoggard contains the PC run game and can get the ball to their WR I think they win.

Last edited:
Reactions: S2V2
I think hoggard will win this one then go into wake forest and win. That's the way I had it on my bracket.

Hoggard's win Friday night wasn't pretty, but that's what good team do. Hoggard's wide outs are probably one of the better groups in the state and are helping the young QB along. Coach Underwood and staff have put Johnson in position to be successful with short safe routes with the occasional long pass. Running game worked very and provided a nice balance on Friday night. Garner shot itself in the foot with four turnovers and Hoggard's defense has not looked as strong the last couple of games. Hearing Kemp was injured Friday night (Port City probably knows how severe), but they played well without him at the beginning of the season. Pinecrest is well coached and it will be a battle Friday night. I see Hoggard moving on to the next round.

Last edited:
Kemp was limping after halftime and it appeared to be a hamstring. I do not know how bad it is. Kemp doesn’t have many passes thrown his way so his numbers are basically nothing. He can be a real play maker on that side of the ball. Hoggard needs him to play and to play at a high level.
Trench, you are correct about the defense the past few games. I do feel our weak conference adds to the problems Hoggard is facing. Sidbury is a tremendous athlete and Garner had some great athletes as well. These are guys that don’t go down with one hit. These are players that have great timing spinning off tackles. Hoggard doesn’t face that every week in this conference. Hoggard will work in these things this week and be ready to play.

Don’t know much about Hoggard, but I know they keep a good defense. Pinecrest is streaky. I think Hoggard is too much for the Patriots, but don’t count the Patriots out. If they play a flawless game they can win. It’s going to have to be flawless though.

No idea how this one will play out, who does, but Hoggard very rarely beats themselves and I do expect a close game based on who Pinecrest has played and the 3 losses came at the hands of teams still playing. This might come down to who has the ball last.

I have no idea about Hoggard either, but the single scariest moment I've ever had at a football game occurred last year at the Hoggard/South View playoff game. I went to the bathroom on the visitors side...which was way out behind the stadium on the soccer fields or whatever. There were no lights on in there and my phone died, so I couldn't use the flashlight. I had to pee in the pitch black and then the whole time, I kept thinking I was going to get murdered by Pennywise the Clown or something and nobody would hear me scream because the bathroom was a country mile away from the stadium.

That said, Hoggard 24, Pinecrest 20

I have no idea about Hoggard either, but the single scariest moment I've ever had at a football game occurred last year at the Hoggard/South View playoff game. I went to the bathroom on the visitors side...which was way out behind the stadium on the soccer fields or whatever. There were no lights on in there and my phone died, so I couldn't use the flashlight. I had to pee in the pitch black and then the whole time, I kept thinking I was going to get murdered by Pennywise the Clown or something and nobody would hear me scream because the bathroom was a country mile away from the stadium.

That said, Hoggard 24, Pinecrest 20
Now that's funny! A country mile is a stretch but it does get very dark over there. I don't go over there. I have never heard of any clowns but I have heard of large men wearing masks and carrying axes walking or dragging a mangled leg.

Reactions: DCImonkey
Like I said I hate to not vote on our conference team but I give the edge to Hoggard

If Pinecrest is to compete, the Patriots better NOT turnover the football. Five turnovers versus Holly Springs (three interceptions and two fumbles).

Congratulations to PC. They played hard and did what they needed to do to win. I thought Hoggard’s run defense was great, especially in the second half. They secondary however didn’t show in the first half. They completely forgot how to defend and the PC made some great throws. They showed up in the 2nd half and defended well. The story of this game was that the Hoggard QB got hurt on the first series and didn’t play after the 3rd series. Hoggard was very limited after that and weren’t able to move the ball. Good luck to PC next week, they will need it.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and S2V2
Congratulations to PC. They played hard and did what they needed to do to win. I thought Hoggard’s run defense was great, especially in the second half. They secondary however didn’t show in the first half. They completely forgot how to defend and the PC made some great throws. They showed up in the 2nd half and defended well. The story of this game was that the Hoggard QB got hurt on the first series and didn’t play after the 3rd series. Hoggard was very limited after that and weren’t able to move the ball. Good luck to PC next week, they will need it.
I hate injuries!! Sincerely Diddy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT