ADVERTISEMENT

HIGH POINT ANDREWS COACH

HARRYT

Gold Member
Jul 31, 2002
HP Andrews finds new coach, the old coach could not find ass. coaches and thats one of
the reason he resign.
The old ass. coaches all got together with the AD and are all back, this is the coaches for the
state win in 2014.
The new coach is Clark who was the offence coordinator

Last edited:
HP Andrews fins new coach, the old coach could not find ass. coaches and thats one of
the reason he resign.
The old ass. coaches all got together with the AD and are all back, this is the coaches for the
state win in 2014.
The new coach is Clark who was the offence coordinator
Harry, if the old assistants are back, where were they when the former coach was looking for assistants?

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
The truth is somewhere in the middle. The county and the school itself is pretty inconsistent to how it applies its preference towards coaches that are teachers vs being OK with mostly volunteer assistants who are paid. Some of the former assistants chose to walk when the new coach came in. I will say this. I think former coach Patterson left the team and the school in quite a bad position. I think that the AD did the best he possibly could a week before the season started, and do think it's a plus if all the new coaches are former assistants from a few years back as Harry has said.

The "bad info" came from your AD. How many on the varsity? Do they have a lot of injuries?
The reason we did not play was we are 10 days behind. Patterson the coach the left us in bad place.
We have have 41 varsity players and 5 more coming next week. We got a qb this year too, some thing we have not had
in 3 years.

The reason we did not play was we are 10 days behind. Patterson the coach the left us in bad place.
We have have 41 varsity players and 5 more coming next week. We got a qb this year too, some thing we have not had
in 3 years.
Good to hear HARRYT...

OK not the QB part just the numbers part.

The Red Raiders were scheduled to scrimmage Tuesday at Eastern Guilford with Eastern, Ragsdale, and Reidsville but had to cancel. Apparently they don't have enough players to field a team.
Mule, I thought SW
Guilford had a lot of players at their scrimmage with Grimsley today :)

Mule, I thought SW
Guilford had a lot of players at their scrimmage with Grimsley today :)
Good. We will see NE Guilford and SE Guilford Friday at Community Stadium.

Glad to hear the Red Raiders are just playing catch up with the coaching change. Always liked that program, going back to the Johnny Morris days.

Andrews will scrimmage Northwest Guildford at 6:00 at AJ in High Point today.

Andrews will scrimmage Northwest Guildford at 6:00 at AJ in High Point today.
The scrimmage went very well considering we had about 7 of ours top lineman out because they don't have enough
time in for the scrimmage. We will have a big line on offense, with 6'8" 325lbs, 6'4" 290, 6'5" 260, and 6'1 288lb
ANDREWS SCORED 7TD's AND NORTH 5

Last edited:
Wow that's impressive against northwest guilford who is a really good 4A team with a few high d1 players.

Andrews will have a hard schelude to sart off with Southeast Guilford 3A, Southwest Guilford 3A, Ben L. Smith 3A. all were 4A last year.
Then High Point Central still a 4A, but this will help us in conference.

Saw where andrews doesn't have the numbers to field a JV team so the JV game with SE Guilford was cancelled. What the **** is going on over there?

Saw where andrews doesn't have the numbers to field a JV team so the JV game with SE Guilford was cancelled. What the **** is going on over there?

What a shame! That 2014 team I was fortunate enough see play, drug Monroe in the ship.

Looks like somebody above received some unreliable info because if they had 30 on JV they would have played the game.....sad state for one of the most storied programs in the state. Would be tragic to see them turn into what Burlington Cummings has become.

Reactions: seadog28
They have 25 and they are a week behind the varsity.
,will have about 8 more next week, and for the QB that left, was the worst QB
Andrews every had.

Is there even a varsity team? LoL.

I'm with champ. The ignorance that some people spew on here is comical, especially when they have to know the truth will come out. Just tell the truth and don't make stuff up.

Last edited:
And for the record the QB that transferred is a pretty good player. Definitely not the worst we've had. Good enough to go to Grimsley and start for a good 4a school.

Makes no sense. Varsity and JV usually practice in unison to learn the system, learn from older peers, etc. sounds like a damn circus. The interim coach was thrown to the fire no doubt with Patterson leaving a week before season started, however, kids show up on day 1 and you go. No excuse for being behind a week (whatever that means).

Reactions: Champ_24
The school is a mess right now, its really sad but its the reality of it. As fans we enjoyed 2014 but trust me those days are long gone. Special shout out to Guildford county schools the the redistricting.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Never understood why HP Central is 4a and Andrews 2a. Why not redistrict HP were SW,Central,Andrews and Ragsdale all be 3A? Don't seem to be a difficult option

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT