ADVERTISEMENT

Hickory Ridge at Mooresville

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
The biggest match up within the Greater Metro 4A conference is This Friday at Coach Joe Popp Stadium

Hickory Ridge: They have a solid passing attack with Haywood at QB and He has grown into a good QB and He had some solid weapons but his best Target is Hamilton. HR defense has struggled at times but very stout. Hickory Ridge lost to 2 of top teams in CLT so They are battled tested.

Mooresville: After a Wild win - All eyes are on HR. Mooresville run game was crazy good vs CM and O line played well but Mooresville has to figure out the passing game (idk why we don't run screens or slants); Mooresville D also is Decent but they given up a lot of points at times n alot pass yards at times, D going to have play extremely well this game if they wanna win.

Keys to Game;
Hickory Ridge:
1. Pass
2. Get pressure
3. Control tempo

Mooresville:
1. Clean Football
2. Passing opens up
3. Get Pressure/Stop Hamilton

Hickory Ridge 30
Mooresville 36

*Toss up game for me*

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I’d leaning towards Mooresville in this game. Hickory Ridge QB is great in the pocket. if you can get him outside of it he doesn’t make the best of decisions. So the two biggest keys to this game is can Hickory Ridge stop Mooresville running game and can Mooresville keep HR quarterback out of the pocket.

I haven’t seen each team play yet this year. But I’m thinking maybe a tight game and possibly for the conference. Should be a good one. Mooresville playing at home will help. But giving this one a tossup.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
HR O line n D line are very good so Mooresville is going to have to a find a passing game if not HR wins big imo but I'm being optimistic but and that's why I have it 36-30 which maybe a tad high but This will be a tight n close game if Mooresville plays solid clean football

Get the HR QB out of the pocket he gets happy feet and nervous.
He is also a tank to tackle for a team that sometimes has a bad habit of arm tackling.
Fun fact, HR is the only team to beat us in conference play last year, in wht was a pretty competitive game.

Random tidbit… these two JV teams are likely playing the GM4 championship game on Thursday. Mooresville comes in 4-0 and HR is 4-1 I think

HR O line n D line are very good so Mooresville is going to have to a find a passing game if not HR wins big imo but I'm being optimistic but and that's why I have it 36-30 which maybe a tad high but This will be a tight n close game if Mooresville plays solid clean football
Unless Mooresville makes a QB change, I don’t see this one going well at all

Too much AJ Graham and Jawarn Howell.

Mooresville by 8
Not if we can’t throw the ball… like literally… we CANT throw the ball even when we want to.
HR’s front 7 is too good to just run the ball on them like we did Vs CM

I’d leaning towards Mooresville in this game. Hickory Ridge QB is great in the pocket. if you can get him outside of it he doesn’t make the best of decisions. So the two biggest keys to this game is can Hickory Ridge stop Mooresville running game and can Mooresville keep HR quarterback out of the pocket.
Not sure I agree with this. Against Catholic, when flushed out of the pocket he simply took off and made yards downfield. He escaped multiple certain sacks and extended plays. One INT early in game but not due to pressure. He is a double threat. He never was stopped in that game. Catholic simply outscored HR and won in overtime. HR can put points on the board. They laid an egg against Chambers but still moved the ball. They do give up a lot of points. May take 4 or 5 touchdowns to win this game.

Not sure I agree with this. Against Catholic, when flushed out of the pocket he simply took off and made yards downfield. He escaped multiple certain sacks and extended plays. One INT early in game but not due to pressure. He is a double threat. He never was stopped in that game. Catholic simply outscored HR and won in overtime. HR can put points on the board. They laid an egg against Chambers but still moved the ball. They do give up a lot of points. May take 4 or 5 touchdowns to win this game.
Maybe it was just one game. Against Kannapolis when he got out of the pocket he looked lost. It looked like he didn’t know what to do.

Maybe it was just one game. Against Kannapolis when he got out of the pocket he looked lost. It looked like he didn’t know what to do.
That’s what he looked like against Chambers. I thought it was just because Chambers is really good but like you said he looked the same way Friday night.

JV Gamday! Mooresville 4-0 vs 4-1 HR Ragin Bulls at HR! This should be a epic game for jv and should possibly be for conference title. Good luck to both teams but Go Big Blue

GAMEDAY! Big one at The Popp today… as two of the preseason GM4 favorites square off. HR was the only team to beat Mooresville in conference. Should be a near sell out crowd tonight, so if you’re going I’d get there early

It’s going to be good football weather tonight. I honestly think this is going to be one more exciting game to watch. Good football atmosphere to go with it.

Last edited:
I haven’t seen each team play yet this year. But I’m thinking maybe a tight game and possibly for the conference. Should be a good one. Mooresville playing at home will help. But giving this one a tossup.
This game has been good as advertised.

It will come down to Mooresville n Lake Norman for the conference last game of the season. Getting ready in that game for the biggest crowd since 2014.

Mooresville played an exceptional game. With that kind of performance I could see them winning this conference. If they keep that up.

Last edited:
Like I said after last Friday, H.R. was beatable. I was not impressed with him.

This is a big win for the Mooresville football program. This win puts the Blue Devils on a collision course with LN for the conference championship.

Mooresville passed the ball well , Run game was decent , Decent pass cover tonight on defense and a overall great atmosphere and game! Mooresville control the tempo late to win the game- HR is still a very good team but got worn down n Mooresville just made a few more plays to take home the W

40-22 Final

I mentioned earlier too much AJ Graham and Jawarn Howell. Mooresville is a sneaky underrated team that's going to surprise someone in the playoffs

I mentioned earlier too much AJ Graham and Jawarn Howell. Mooresville is a sneaky underrated team that's going to surprise someone in the playoffs
Howell was pretty quiet, by his standards. HR definitely had him keyed all night and made it tough. Idk the stats, couple shorts scores but less than 100 on the game I think?

Cherry (QB) had himself a phenomenal night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT