ADVERTISEMENT

Hertford County at Wallace-Rose Hill

Huge congrats to Hertford County. I can't remember a more dominant first half by a visiting team at Legion stadium. Obviously Rodgers is a beast but they have several really athletic complimentary players. Teams like that are very dangerous when they are on and they were on. I was disappointed in how flat we came out once again. Seems to be a recurring theme lately and not sure why. You could tell by body language alone in warmups that HC was more ready to play. I'm very grateful that the Dogs never quit. That's a testament to Coach Mot and the heart of the players that make up the program. That group of player's on WRH are high character kids and it was good to see them fight back.

It's easy to play Saturday morning quarterback but I would honestly love to see us get more creative on offense. It feels like when you are watching us that we only run a small handful of plays and hardly ever any wrinkles. Obviously it's been effective but (as a fan) I would to see us mix in some trick plays. I also struggle with some of our defensive schemes but I'm not there Monday through Thursday so I defer to the coaches because they are. I really like Coach Mot and they do a great job of developing the character of the kids that play.

I think HC can definitely win this week and if they can match their play from last night and get some breaks, they could make it interesting with Clinton. Typically though, teams like HC that rely heavily on offensive explosion and little defense seem to be really good when things are clicking but struggle when things get tighter. It definitely appeared that their strategy was, create a turnover or two and out score them the rest of the way and it worked. I personally, will be pulling for them because I really enjoyed watching them play. Again, congrats on a great performance and good luck on the journey!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 One of the brightest minds on these threads
Ok, so I was wrong, big deal. Everyone on here has been wrong at some point but in years past, how many teams have hung more than 20 on the Dogs, not many!!!! The Dogs are NOT their usual selves this year and Hertford exploited that, next!!

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Huge congrats to Hertford County. I can't remember a more dominant first half by a visiting team at Legion stadium. Obviously Rodgers is a beast but they have several really athletic complimentary players. Teams like that are very dangerous when they are on and they were on. I was disappointed in how flat we came out once again. Seems to be a recurring theme lately and not sure why. You could tell by body language alone in warmups that HC was more ready to play. I'm very grateful that the Dogs never quit. That's a testament to Coach Mot and the heart of the players that make up the program. That group of player's on WRH are high character kids and it was good to see them fight back.

It's easy to play Saturday morning quarterback but I would honestly love to see us get more creative on offense. It feels like when you are watching us that we only run a small handful of plays and hardly ever any wrinkles. Obviously it's been effective but (as a fan) I would to see us mix in some trick plays. I also struggle with some of our defensive schemes but I'm not there Monday through Thursday so I defer to the coaches because they are. I really like Coach Mot and they do a great job of developing the character of the kids that play.

I think HC can definitely win this week and if they can match their play from last night and get some breaks, they could make it interesting with Clinton. Typically though, teams like HC that rely heavily on offensive explosion and little defense seem to be really good when things are clicking but struggle when things get tighter. It definitely appeared that their strategy was, create a turnover or two and out score them the rest of the way and it worked. I personally, will be pulling for them because I really enjoyed watching them play. Again, congrats on a great performance and good luck on the journey!
This is a good post and I’ll second what you said about the Dogs not quitting. They literally played hard till the final seconds. As someone whose seen HC play numerous times I was waiting for them to implode but they never did. Their defense played better than Wrh’s on this particular night and they deserved the win. I’m sure they remembered that long bus ride home from Whiteville last year and didn’t want to relive it again

I posted earlier that I knew how dangerous Hertford's offense was and I knew how vulnerable our defense was. I knew we would have to match scores with them throughout the night because we weren't going to be able to stop them. I was hoping we could steal a possession. What could go wrong for the Dogs, went wrong. We never could catch a break. Hats off the Hertford County. They came to play.

Yes, Clinton drug us through the mud this year and so did Hertford but I'll go out on a limb and say Hertford's QB is 10 times more dangerous than Clinton's. It's a different dynamic. Hertford has potential but with their defense, their season is about to be over. As much as it pains me to say this, Clinton will represent the east this year. Clinton has the total package, as we have known. I'm friends with some of the players parents. Really good people and I respect them.

Goob it was nice meeting you and putting a face to the biggest crap stirrer in high school football. Lol. Good luck to everyone the rest of the year!

Last edited:
I posted earlier that I knew how dangerous Hertford's offense was and I knew how vulnerable our defense was. I knew we would have to match scores with them throughout the night because we weren't going to be able to stop them. I was hoping we could steal a possession. What could go wrong for the Dogs, went wrong. We never could catch a break. Hats off the Hertford County. They came to play.

Yes, Clinton drug us through the mud this year and so did Hertford but I'll go out on a limb and say Hertford's QB is 10 times more dangerous than Clinton's. It's a different dynamic. Hertford has potential but with their defense, their season is about to be over. As much as it pains me to say this, Clinton will represent the east this year. Clinton has the total package, as we have known. I'm friends with some of the players parents. Really good people and I respect them.

Goob it was nice meeting you and putting a face to the biggest crap stirrer in high school football. Lol. Good luck to everyone the rest of the year!
WRH had over 650 yds of offense. I wonder how many yds we gave up. Best qb I’ve seen since championship game in 21. That Rodgers dude is da man. Still don’t know why we didn’t try to pressure him. He was as comfortable as sitting in his recliner.

WRH had over 650 yds of offense. I wonder how many yds we gave up. Best qb I’ve seen since championship game in 21. That Rodgers dude is da man. Still don’t know why we didn’t try to pressure him. He was as comfortable as sitting in his recliner.
We (Tarboro ) have had to deal with him the last three seasons. We told people that he was special and he truly is. Thankfully we were able to force a few turnovers this year.

The problem with pressuring him is that if you don’t sack him or miss tackle he’s gonna run it to the house. He’s just a tough matchup for anybody.

Same here, I said it earlier but I had an awesome time there. I got to go see OldDogg before the ballgame and that was great. He has the same exact dog we have, color and all, and he’s even named Charlie just like our dog. I couldn’t believe it. John carried his self well in a tough loss and never complained about anything the coaches or refs did. It was disappointing to see a lot of the Wrh fans giving up on their team and leaving at halftime. I would never do that and especially in a playoff game. Remember what that cake I had made said, you’d be making a mistake counting us out, especially with the loss of one of their best players the Maryland commit.

Reactions: WrhDog448
Same here, I said it earlier but I had an awesome time there. I got to go see OldDogg before the ballgame and that was great. He has the same exact dog we have, color and all, and he’s even named Charlie just like our dog. I couldn’t believe it. John carried his self well in a tough loss and never complained about anything the coaches or refs did. It was disappointing to see a lot of the Wrh fans giving up on their team and leaving at halftime. I would never do that and especially in a playoff game. Remember what that cake I had made said, you’d be making a mistake counting us out, especially with the loss of one of their best players the Maryland commit.
Thanks brother

Reactions: daagoob
Hats off to Hertford they played well. I agree Clinton will probably represent the east. Wrh was the better team but not Friday. I wish some adjustments would’ve been made defensively. I knew all year WRH had the right personnel. Sometimes is bigger than what we see as spectators.

Last edited:
Reactions: curtiscummings1
Ok, so I was wrong, big deal. Everyone on here has been wrong at some point but in years past, how many teams have hung more than 20 on the Dogs, not many!!!! The Dogs are NOT their usual selves this year and Hertford exploited that, next!!
We hung 36 on them two years ago in the first round as a 3-7, dead last to make the field team lol.

Last year Hertford Co came to Whiteville and we won 25-24. Stopped Rogers on a 4th down run about mid field and drove down to about the 20 time was running out and we kicked a FG and won, very exciting game and Rogers was a load, but our D was just a little better that night. The next week we got blasted by ED at their place.

Reactions: Friday Night1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT