ADVERTISEMENT

HERTFORD COUNTY 4-1 (2-0) @ NE 4-0 (2-0)

Our QB with a beautiful 40 yd bomb hits our receiver dead in stride but he can't hold it. Oh that sucks, what a perfect pass that would've been a td

Oh No!!!

This isn't fair to our QB. Another spot on perfect td pass in stride that was dropped. This is uncommon for our receivers. This was a 35 yard pass

Gates county. Tarboro won 42-8
That's what I was thinking. That place sucks but they do have Chick FIL A sandwiches. That's where I went 3 years ago to recruit their kicker Caleb Brickhouse 😂 to transfer to NE. He ended up becoming the top kicker in NC. When I saw him play at Gates County he kicked a 45 yard fg that night. Kid was unreal, the following weekend he was sitting with me at the NE game.

They looked good against us. I guess we down real bad by tarboro standards
Well HERTFORD COUNTY most likely circled the Tarboro game and went all out to try and secure that upset. The QB for HC was off all night long on his passes. His receivers didn't have much of a chance to make plays. I heard Tarboro is down a little this year just like us over here. I guess it happens to everyone except Reidsville lol.

My takes from the game tonight

Wonderful Banks came in and did a decent job punting the ball

Our running game is non-existent. My guys at Swo say pound the rock. Over here at NE I say throw,throw,throw.

Sure would love to have another Jacques Lewis (UNC)

Our young qb just keeps getting better. I absolutely love that kid. He took some licks tonight but we were short handed and banged up.

We didn't look like a state championship contender tonight imo. It likes we just got ahead and coasted. We did just enough to win

That's what I was thinking. That place sucks but they do have Chick FIL A sandwiches. That's where I went 3 years ago to recruit their kicker Caleb Brickhouse 😂 to transfer to NE. He ended up becoming the top kicker in NC. When I saw him play at Gates County he kicked a 45 yard fg that night. Kid was unreal, the following weekend he was sitting with me at the NE game.
It is definitely a true 1a school lol. They had their homecoming tonight and I got to say they did something I have never seen done before they let the homecoming queen and her dad drive a Corvette around the football field.

It is definitely a true 1a school lol. They had their homecoming tonight and I got to say they did something I have never seen done before they let the homecoming queen and her dad drive a Corvette around the football field.
Awesome!! My daughter's bf at the time was a TE for Gates. He's now playing for NC Wesleyan I believe. Anyways he was 6'4 and Caleb (NE kicker) was 6'3.. Both of those kids had size and were really good players. Both were going to transfer to NE but my daughter boyfriend ended up staying at Gates and doing really well. The kicker just won a Juco National Cship in Kansas and has now moved on to play at N Colorado University. He's going to end up playing on Sundays I believe

@Maiden Creek , how can I listen to your Blue Devils today?
I doubt u can. There is a local (Newton) radio station…WNNC 101.3 FM….that might carry it….but I seriously doubt it since it’s a Saturday game. They covered the St. Stephens game last night.

Sometimes…Maiden is covered by a Lincolnton radio station WLON 92.3 FM when we play some of the Lincoln county schools.

Reactions: daagoob
I doubt u can. There is a local (Newton) radio station…WNNC 101.3 FM….that might carry it….but I seriously doubt it since it’s a Saturday game. They covered the St. Stephens game last night.

Sometimes…Maiden is covered by a Lincolnton radio station WLON 92.3 FM when we play some of the Lincoln county schools.
Ty, what is the start time? I don't think MaxPreps has the correct time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT