ADVERTISEMENT

Heritage @ Mitchell

wncbowhunter

Dec 21, 2002
Might as well move it to the right topic.

In the words of Mr. Rick Flair, in order to be the man you must beat the man. So until that happens Regardless if I like it or not Heritage is the man.

Last chance for a while for Mitchell to defeat a 2a Heritage. Should be another good game. will be interesting to see how Mitchell starts. If history tells us anything Heritage will start fast and Mitchell will spend a gread deal of time trying to crawl back in.

Have at er guys..

Go Mountaineers

After watching mitchell last night I am more confident. Wonder what excuses it will be this season, everyone knows the script lol. What Mitchell did against Owen will not work, this defense is fast and nasty. The domination continues 6 straight 22- 7

Reactions: PBBear51
Might as well move it to the right topic.

In the words of Mr. Rick Flair, in order to be the man you must beat the man. So until that happens Regardless if I like it or not Heritage is the man.

Last chance for a while for Mitchell to defeat a 2a Heritage. Should be another good game. will be interesting to see how Mitchell starts. If history tells us anything Heritage will start fast and Mitchell will spend a gread deal of time trying to crawl back in.

Have at er guys..

Go Mountaineers
We’re going to win by a touchdown.

Do Mitchell get to play all their games at home this year? Joking aside this should be a one score game. Hope to get a ticket.

I'm thrilled about the game, it's awesome for the communities. I have many friends in Yancey County. I feel like too many people take these games way too serious. It's supposed to be fun for the kids. As for the game, the coaching staff has really worked these kids hard. They deserve the rewards they've been getting. I'm hopeful for a win! Win or lose...I'm proud of the kids.

Like I said in another thread, both programs have had a phenomenal run across multiple sports. Again we neither one compare very well with the SMC but few do. But to win 1 state title in Womens bball, a couple in track and for both schools to play in several regional titles across multiple sports in the past few years is impressive. I think Mitchell has like 49 or 50 state titles since the school opened. No shame in those numbers. Think both schools push the other to be better.

Good luck and hopefully there will be no injuries on Friday.

Go Mountaineers

Like I said in another thread, both programs have had a phenomenal run across multiple sports. Again we neither one compare very well with the SMC but few do. But to win 1 state title in Womens bball, a couple in track and for both schools to play in several regional titles across multiple sports in the past few years is impressive. I think Mitchell has like 49 or 50 state titles since the school opened. No shame in those numbers. Think both schools push the other to be better.

Good luck and hopefully there will be no injuries on Friday.

Go Mountaineers
Dont think smokey mtn teams want play Heritage in basketball lol. We have dominated western highlands in both sports , got a question when was last time Mitchell has beat Heritage in boys basketball?

Last edited:
Dont think smokey mtn teams want play Heritage in basketball lol. We have dominated western highlands in both sports , got a question when was last time Mitchell has beat Heritage in boys basketball?

Well except for that pesky little thing called women’s bball where Mitchell has won 3 in a row. Sorry MCM, just wanted to make sure Jr. was aware there are 2 teams. And yes I am aware that Heritage won it all 3 years ago lead by a Mitchell county point guard. But I also realize Mitchell has been right there in he past 2 seasons as well. Being one of the top 1 a schools

Now back to this week. Too early for my prediction but leaning towards that other team from across the river. Hard not to with the recent past. But then again I thought Mitchell could have been 0-3 so far this year.

Go Mountaineers

How did the defense of Owen compare to Mitchell’s first 2 wins? Regardless of score. It never really looked like Owen was really fired up for some reason last night.

Reactions: 97Cougar
How did the defense of Owen compare to Mitchell’s first 2 wins? Regardless of score. It never really looked like Owen was really fired up for some reason last night.
I feel like Mitchell's competition increased every game this season. Mitchell's level of play also has increased every game so far. Owen's defense did hold Mitchell to a 3 and out on the first possession, but mitchell recoved the muffed punt, and it took the wind out of Owen's sails right off the bat. We passed more last night than in the first 2 games combined, and the defense saw more passing than in the first 2 games. Now, the competition steps up yet again this week, and hopefully Mitchell's level of play will increase too.

I feel like Mitchell's competition increased every game this season. Mitchell's level of play also has increased every game so far. Owen's defense did hold Mitchell to a 3 and out on the first possession, but mitchell recoved the muffed punt, and it took the wind out of Owen's sails right off the bat. We passed more last night than in the first 2 games combined, and the defense saw more passing than in the first 2 games. Now, the competition steps up yet again this week, and hopefully Mitchell's level of play will increase too.
Yeah it looked the same to me after that fumble and a quick score they got completely out of sync. I’m not sure but they could have a lot of underclassmmen. I think the QB and Boyce should be seniors, but not sure about the rest. Owen missed some wide open throws to open receivers but that happens in HS quite often. I was a little disappointed in the run I g game but their line looked smaller than normal. If they hit in some of the oases and limit the turnovers they could be a tough match up on May given night. I just did not think their physicality matched up with Mitchell and will be difficult in that department with Heritage.

Everyone ignore player 2020 he is a troll just trying to make trouble his feelings are hurt because he has go drive all the way to Spruce Pine for Western Sizzlin
I have forgot more about the game of football then you know. Some of the things you say are over the top.

Heritage was the best defense we faced last year. After watching the Hendersonville game, the defense still looks stout. In my opinion for us to win, we are going to have to throw the ball over 150 yards to even have a chance of winning. Joey knows how to stop our Wing-T. Passing is critical.

Yeah it looked the same to me after that fumble and a quick score they got completely out of sync. I’m not sure but they could have a lot of underclassmmen. I think the QB and Boyce should be seniors, but not sure about the rest. Owen missed some wide open throws to open receivers but that happens in HS quite often. I was a little disappointed in the run I g game but their line looked smaller than normal. If they hit in some of the oases and limit the turnovers they could be a tough match up on May given night. I just did not think their physicality matched up with Mitchell and will be difficult in that department with Heritage.
Honestly Owen was not very physical other than their QB they were lacking not saying anything bad about the kids or program they just seemed small and young

After watching mitchell last night I am more confident. Wonder what excuses it will be this season, everyone knows the script lol. What Mitchell did against Owen will not work, this defense is fast and nasty. The domination continues 6 straight 22- 7
Troll

I'm thrilled about the game, it's awesome for the communities. I have many friends in Yancey County. I feel like too many people take these games way too serious. It's supposed to be fun for the kids. As for the game, the coaching staff has really worked these kids hard. They deserve the rewards they've been getting. I'm hopeful for a win! Win or lose...I'm proud of the kids.

you have friends in Yancey county? 🤷🏿‍♂️

Western Sizzlin is pretty good, since Marion lost theirs I make the trip up occasionally. It's gotten a bit expensive though

A couple stats for discussion:

Mitchell (3-0)(1-0)
Average opponent rank: 100
Average score: 27-12
Statesville (2-1)
PPG: 27 (7 against Mitchell)
PAG: 14 (14 against Mitchell)
Smoky Mountain (1-2)
PPG: 31 (14 against Mitchell)
PAG: 10 (26 against Mitchell)
Owen (2-1)
PPG: 35 (14 against Mitchell)
PAG: 10 (42 against Mitchell)

Mountain Heritage (2-0)(0-0)
Average opponent rank: 161
Average score: 24-17
Brevard (2-1)
PPG: 16 (6 against Mountain Heritage)
PAG: 7 (8 against Mountain Heritage)
Hendersonville (1-2)
PPG: 31 (27 against Mountain Heritage)
PAG: 29 (40 against Mountain Heritage )

A couple stats for discussion:

Mitchell (3-0)(1-0)
Average opponent rank: 100
Average score: 27-12
Statesville (2-1)
PPG: 27 (7 against Mitchell)
PAG: 14 (14 against Mitchell)
Smoky Mountain (1-2)
PPG: 31 (14 against Mitchell)
PAG: 10 (26 against Mitchell)
Owen (2-1)
PPG: 35 (14 against Mitchell)
PAG: 10 (42 against Mitchell)

Mountain Heritage (2-0)(0-0)
Average opponent rank: 161
Average score: 24-17
Brevard (2-1)
PPG: 16 (6 against Mountain Heritage)
PAG: 7 (8 against Mountain Heritage)
Hendersonville (1-2)
PPG: 31 (27 against Mountain Heritage)
PAG: 29 (40 against Mountain Heritage )
Good work on that stat comparison. The Brevard game stats are a little hard to go by due to so many starters on offense being out due to basketball but overall these are interesting to look at and discuss leading into Friday.

If you watched Hendersonville basketball I’d say they were missing 3 linemen and couple good athletes when y’all played them

Was looking at two teams record. This should be another close game. If we can get the big bad heritage out of our heads. If not could be another beating

Was looking at two teams record. This should be another close game. If we can get the big bad heritage out of our heads. If not could be another beating
I’ve pretty well said from the get go I think it will be a good competitive game. Of course I do think heritage will come away with the win due in part to what you just said. I think it’s a one or two score game....But that is why they play the game. What we say or predict on here don’t mean jack $h!+ come Friday lol.

Going to be honest everyone in yancey county expects a beatdown friday, joey got tough job keeping players focus , ask anyone from yancey and if they are honest they will tell you that. Attack away just being real.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT