ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville vs. Reidsville

I've been trying to find some more history of this historic school ... located on Bearcat Blvd., pretty sweet, how long has that been the name of a street. Speaking of Bearcat, has that always been the team nickname?
Bearcat Boulevard (formerly 8th Avenue West) is a fairly recent designation but I can't recall the year. The "Bearcat" mascot dates back to at least 1927, but in the early days it sometimes showed up in print as Bear Cats.

Gosnell can slang it all over the yard and squats the weight room in the off season! Stud athlete and knows how to win! Should be a barn burner. Boy Reidsville just reloads seemingly!!

Lol what??????????? Gosnell no athlete at all lol. He looks slow and lost most of the time. Reidsville by 35+

. Boy Reidsville just reloads seemingly!!
Reidsville Middle School outscored opponents 318-0 this season (7-0). Most of the scoring came in first half of games.

Admittedly, competition wasn't strong but they did beat Eastern Guilford along with the in-county schools and the Yanceyville middle school team. (Barlett Yancey feeder) ... Some great size on that Reidsville Middle team and a dynamic dual-threat quarterback.

Reidsville Middle School outscored opponents 318-0 this season (7-0). Most of the scoring came in first half of games.

Admittedly, competition wasn't strong but they did beat Eastern Guilford along with the in-county schools and the Yanceyville middle school team. (Barlett Yancey feeder) ... Some great size on that Reidsville Middle team and a dynamic dual-threat quarterback.
Eastern Guilford won their Guilford County Conference and Reidsville Middle Blew them out.

doesn't mean anything as to regards to this game, but Reidsville and Hendersonville have only met 1 time in football..........first round playoff game in 2013, won by Reidsville 50-20.............................
I see a repeat this Friday night to be honest. Not hating on hendo but I think yall are too talented.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
#5 Hendersonville at #4 Reidsville

Shootout city in my eyes. Hendo averages scores of 51-19 this season; Reidsville 46-11. In the playoffs thus far Hendo is averaging at 40-7 and Reidsville at 52-16. Both teams pass really well and both teams appear to me to be underneath passing teams with athletes who can catch and can take it to the house. I believe Hendo is more battle-tested...but Reidsville has home field advantage. I think Hendo will have the size advantage on the line...and Reidsville is the younger team and more athletes. Both offenses show up and both defenses will run out of gas. This is the game of the week. It has "overtime" written all over it...but I don't think it gets to overtime.

#5 Hendersonville 42 - #4 Reidsville 41

I believe Reidsville scores in the last minute and will decide to go for 2 instead of the tie. I wish I could be there to see it!

Hendersonville is not a traditional WNC school that Reidsville is accustomed to playing against (Brevard and Mtn Heritage). They have athletes and game breaking speed at their skill positions.

I don't know how good Reidsville is this year compared to the past two years, but I think this Hendersonville team would've given those teams all they could handle.

Shootout city in my eyes. Hendo averages scores of 51-19 this season; Reidsville 46-11. In the playoffs thus far Hendo is averaging at 40-7 and Reidsville at 52-16. Both teams pass really well and both teams appear to me to be underneath passing teams with athletes who can catch and can take it to the house. I believe Hendo is more battle-tested...but Reidsville has home field advantage. I think Hendo will have the size advantage on the line...and Reidsville is the younger team and more athletes. Both offenses show up and both defenses will run out of gas. This is the game of the week. It has "overtime" written all over it...but I don't think it gets to overtime.

I believe Reidsville scores in the last minute and will decide to go for 2 instead of the tie. I wish I could be there to see it!
Reidsville opponents typically always have the size advantage. That Chase o-line look like 5 Larry Allens with Emmit Smith running the ball. They had to average over 6' 260lbs. Makes me wonder how many yards that rb would get for another team.

Hendersonville is not a traditional WNC school that Reidsville is accustomed to playing against (Brevard and Mtn Heritage). They have athletes and game breaking speed at their skill positions.

I don't know how good Reidsville is this year compared to the past two years, but I think this Hendersonville team would've given those teams all they could handle.

I’m not sure about that. but this will be a tough game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

We lost 3/4 of our offensive starters from last year and was ranked 6th in the entire state at the end of the season. If this game is close this year you can be sure that last years team would have taken care of this year's hendo team fairly easily.

Calpreps says 35 to 34 Reidsville.... on a neutral field

neutral field
[2021] Reidsville (NC) 35, [2021] Hendersonville (NC) 34

Calpreps also has Monroe and Salisbury taking out everybody by 1 to 6 points. Usually 4 points or less. Too bad their on the same side.

Everybody = Reidsville, Shelby, Hendersonville, Maiden. I think this means all 6 teams are pretty even. I matched all 6 against each other and it's 4 points or less, some times 1 point.

Shelby is the weakest among all 6, losing ALL the matchups.

Last edited:
Calpreps also has Monroe and Salisbury taking out everybody by 1 to 6 points. Usually 4 points or less

Everybody = Reidsville, Shelby, Hendersonville, Maiden. I think this means all 6 teams are pretty even. I matched all 6 against each other and it's 4 points or less, some times 1 point.

Well….throw us in with the Gastonians then!😉

Calpreps also has Monroe and Salisbury taking out everybody by 1 to 6 points. Usually 4 points or less. Too bad their on the same side.

I did the same thing back at the end of the regular season and it had Monroe beating everybody. I'll still take sawburry this year though.

This one is too close to call. I was figuring that Hendersonville would have been and should have been the ones playing Reidsville in the spring so now they will be. However, it won't be on neutral ground. A perfect game by both teams will be the requirement for this one.

Chopper keep hating on Shelby we like the motivation.

I don't believe Shelby has played a computer before.

Just insane!!! Love it!! Good luck to Reidsville. ..Hendo can slang that rock around the yard!!

I have to admit 3A is pretty weak this season.
I know y’all get sick of me talking about Max Preps….but it’s all I really look at other than this one. Anyway….it’s surprising to me to see (6) 2a teams ranked in the top 28 of all NC teams. I know Shelby and Reidsville are use to it….but I don’t recall having that many 2a teams ranked that high.
It does appear that things have changed a little bit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT