ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock vs West Craven

Havelock will stay a contender for a good while. They got a good looking JV team. We stayed close for 3 qtrs. 8-0 going into the 4th qtr but that depth wore us out in the end. 30-0 when I left with a couple of minutes to go.

68-26 is the telling number. Havelocks jv's with 68 kids. We have 26 with 8-10 you don't want to see on the field. Depressing. We are a 1a school now.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
No idk if ima go to the varsity game either after what happen in jacksonville lol these kids wilding now adays 😂
I hadn't heard anything about that. We couldn't beat Havelock tomorrow night if Moses was on our team. I'm not belittling my guy's but fact is we are just down. Hopefully we get through it with no injuries and maybe we can win a few conference games down the road. Havelock -New Bern should be a great game next week. They are expecting a huge crowd. Going to put a concession stand on the visitor side for that one.

Havelock will stay a contender for a good while. They got a good looking JV team. We stayed close for 3 qtrs. 8-0 going into the 4th qtr but that depth wore us out in the end. 30-0 when I left with a couple of minutes to go.

68-26 is the telling number. Havelocks jv's with 68 kids. We have 26 with 8-10 you don't want to see on the field. Depressing. We are a 1a school now.

That sucks, I used to like the Havelock/West Craven series when WC was up.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I hadn't heard anything about that. We couldn't beat Havelock tomorrow night if Moses was on our team. I'm not belittling my guy's but fact is we are just down. Hopefully we get through it with no injuries and maybe we can win a few conference games down the road. Havelock -New Bern should be a great game next week. They are expecting a huge crowd. Going to put a concession stand on the visitor side for that one.
Some kid stabbed a couple students at north side I think one died but I may come because I really want to see havelock play and I won’t be back until October

Some kid stabbed a couple students at north side I think one died but I may come because I really want to see havelock play and I won’t be back until October
Oh I didn't put that together. I don't think you have to worry about that. You are always welcome to hang out with me in the end zone. I don't think there has ever been trouble like that at a WC- Havelock game. We used to be touted as sister schools in the days before Jim Bob. Both schools built about the same time from the same blue prints. I see a lot of similarity's of those days to how it is now. I think both staffs are setting the right example of how to act. Come on to Vanceboro and enjoy your game.

Reactions: ItsJustWords252

How many sophomores are y’all having to play up?

Havelock playing with out 4 or 5 of their players one being the QB. All for a social media prank on West Carteret. Heck let the kids have some fun.

Wolfpack commit Vereen starts off the 2nd qtr catching a TD pass. 8-0 Havelock. And yes I cheer on my Wolfpack commits!!

Havelock playing with out 4 or 5 of their players one being the QB. All for a social media prank on West Carteret. Heck let the kids have some fun.
Yes I agree, I guess the older people forgot we did crazy stuff also without Social Media. As long as it didn’t cause injury or death or break any laws let the kids be kids.

Reactions: Otis4411
Wolfpack commit Vereen starts off the 2nd qtr catching a TD pass. 8-0 Havelock. And yes I cheer on my Wolfpack commits!!
This game is horrible. A better team should have an easier time. i can tell you now We need another QB for next year at least let’s establish the run and get those horses up front working maybe the passing game will look better

This game is horrible. A better team should have an easier time. i can tell you now We need another QB for next year at least let’s establish the run and get those horses up front working maybe the passing game will look better
I imagine Havelock will come out fired up in the 2nd half. I really think the way the first half has gone can only help us when we start conf play. Havelock has New Bern next week so I know they should want to improve for that. They are playing 4 or 5 backups so that does affect chemistry. Hopefully it don't get out of hand too bad. I would love to see our guys score. They have hung in so far. It's been a good half for us only being down 14-0. I'll take it.

I'm hearing ED and West Craven start playing each other next year. Think it's true.

Reactions: UNC_91
I'm hearing ED and West Craven start playing each other next year. Think it's true.
That would be great. We should be some better next year. Our JV team is promising but our numbers are still down on that. Only 26 on JV team though about 4 moved up to playing varsity I think so that dropped it from 30. It's hard not to be jealous of Havelocks program. Their JV team has the looks of a varsity team. Big kids and plenty of them.

I went to East Duplin to watch the Eastern final when you beat North Davidson. Great football atmosphere. I really enjoyed the fireworks show the team came out for. It would be fun to play there. Something to be said for Duplin County football.

Reactions: UNC_91 and oldway55
That would be great. We should be some better next year. Our JV team is promising but our numbers are still down on that. Only 26 on JV team though about 4 moved up to playing varsity I think so that dropped it from 30. It's hard not to be jealous of Havelocks program. Their JV team has the looks of a varsity team. Big kids and plenty of them.

I went to East Duplin to watch the Eastern final when you beat North Davidson. Great football atmosphere. I really enjoyed the fireworks show the team came out for. It would be fun to play there. Something to be said for Duplin County football.
We will graduate lots this year but have some really good players coming from JV so we should be decent. Should be a good matchup.

Reactions: Otis4411 and UNC_91

Back in the day WC played ED several times. I went to Beulaville when they played.

When y’all had Deebo a couple years ago it was great games lol he was a one man show
Deebo had a lot of talent but you couldn't do anything with him. Hard headed. He did better his senior year but still he blew his chances. We had some great players over the years. Jesse Campbell and George Koonce were 2 great ones that played on the same team. George got overlooked cause of the attention on Jesse. He went to Chowan for 2 years and transferred to ECU and led them in tackles for 2 years. Played for the Packers and got a ring. I think he got 2 rings but I could be wrong. Lee Becton one of the best rb's I ever watched play. Only Rb I ever seen since that was close was Javonte Williams at WRH. Wilbur Sasser said he was coming to West Craven's graduation when Lee was a senior. Wilbur said he wanted to make sure that kid walked across that stage!!

Did you come to the game? I'll respond to your other question here about the starters returning. Yea they only had to sit one game was the understanding I had. Coach Wooten wanted to punish them at practice which is how it should be handled. But we have women running the county school system and they deal with things they know nothing about which is to do things like a woman and sit them out. Don't teach them anything at all. They didn't do anything that bad. Hell New Bern did the same thing to West Craven. They had a video made in the high school cafeteria with a kid in uniform sitting to a table ordering Eagle Wings from a kid dressed like a waiter. They were enjoying the whooping they had put on us. How many players has New Bern got?? We have about 30 maybe a little over half we can really afford to play. We still play NB and Havelock and I really don't want us to quit. Just a couple of years ago we beat NB and they had the gall to act like the game meant nothing to them and they didn't care about losing. But I saw several NB kids crying after the game. It meant something. We have never made videos' or rubbed it in after winning. What Havelock did with West Carteret was probably because of how dirty WC will play in a game. They hit you constantly right after the whistle and if you get up and respond to it you get flagged. I asked and was told this happened against Havelock. Don't surprise me a bit. I don't think any kid's from Havelock should have been made to sit out our game. It was wrong. Their coach should have been able to deal with that on his terms. It's his job. and I'll say this. Maybe you would have beaten us worse with them but then again Havelock don't have to beat us by 70 to prove anything. They know where we are as a program. You got a staff with class. I hope you win out!

Did you come to the game? I'll respond to your other question here about the starters returning. Yea they only had to sit one game was the understanding I had. Coach Wooten wanted to punish them at practice which is how it should be handled. But we have women running the county school system and they deal with things they know nothing about which is to do things like a woman and sit them out. Don't teach them anything at all. They didn't do anything that bad. Hell New Bern did the same thing to West Craven. They had a video made in the high school cafeteria with a kid in uniform sitting to a table ordering Eagle Wings from a kid dressed like a waiter. They were enjoying the whooping they had put on us. How many players has New Bern got?? We have about 30 maybe a little over half we can really afford to play. We still play NB and Havelock and I really don't want us to quit. Just a couple of years ago we beat NB and they had the gall to act like the game meant nothing to them and they didn't care about losing. But I saw several NB kids crying after the game. It meant something. We have never made videos' or rubbed it in after winning. What Havelock did with West Carteret was probably because of how dirty WC will play in a game. They hit you constantly right after the whistle and if you get up and respond to it you get flagged. I asked and was told this happened against Havelock. Don't surprise me a bit. I don't think any kid's from Havelock should have been made to sit out our game. It was wrong. Their coach should have been able to deal with that on his terms. It's his job. and I'll say this. Maybe you would have beaten us worse with them but then again Havelock don't have to beat us by 70 to prove anything. They know where we are as a program. You got a staff with class. I hope you win out!
I didn’t go just did not feel up to it lol

We have a very low roster for a 4A school with multiple kids going both ways. Congrats on the win a few years ago. Yes, our seniors are having fun this year with the videos during their last year of high school ball. Saw where the WC coach was being called out on social media. Hope y’all win out and stay healthy the rest of the season. Go Bears.

Last edited:
We have a very low roster for a 4A school with multiple kids going both ways. Congrats on the win a few years ago. Yes, our seniors are having fun this year with the videos during their last year of high school ball. Seeing a lot of bashing on social media for the HC over at WC, hope he’s doing OK and hope y’all win out and stay healthy the rest of the season. Go Bears.
Provide a link to it.

I found one of them. Thanks. I replied to the Nigel Nigel guy. Nobody should expect West Craven to beat Havelock or New Bern this year. It's just not realistic. Vince Lombardi could not coach us to a win over either team this year. I think we will compete in our conference. I'm not saying we will win the conference but I certainly think we have a shot at it. We are not in a world beater conference. But some people need to understand just where we are. Basically we are a 1A school right now. I hope the numbers improve but I just don't see it happening.

• Haha
Go on Facebook and check out some of the recent posts from some of the parents. I’d send you the link privately but you blocked me on Facebook when I sent you a private message after your post about me last year.
Most of those posts are not from parents or any at all. Basically, they are your everyday variety of idiots.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91 and Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT