ADVERTISEMENT

Havelock defeats Undefeated West Craven

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
24-7 havelock proved to have one of the best defense in the state of 3a beating two undefeated power house teams back to back I respect orange yes they had players who lost their tempers but they didn't play dirty or take it out on havelock players West Craven is so dirty every time I try and give them the benefit of the doubt they show
Me why I can't respect them
Their coach should be fined or fired this is the second time this has happen and he won't keep control of his players idc if you're mad havelock was mad but they didn't play dirty like that smh

Orange/ Havelock game was played with respect and was a great ball game, players showed respect to each other during and after the game. Was knocked down trench type game and was probably the State Championship game for 3A and 3AA. Don't think any team in 3 can beat Orange or Havelock this year. In a regular one night game Havelock would be undefeated this year.

Nah west Craven was really good but I told everyone if havelock would fix their pass defense by playoffs to watch out that was the only flaw I could spot on havelock defense and their passing game also got better if they keep playing this way I don't see anyone beating them

And this isn't any disrespect aimed at west Craven fans but their coach needs to keep his players under control

I wont try to sugar coat bad behavior. I teach my own children to not act that way and I will not allow it. However some of these kids don't have both parents and some have neither. ( The word Parent should be defined) I do have to point out that if my memory is correct Havelock had the first PF penalty and multiple times the refs sent players from both teams to the sidelines for a play. Two good teams playing with a lot on the line and unfortunately for us 3 of those kid's handled themselves poorly. But understand this much.......... This is not a reflection of our community or our school or our Coaching staff. You can't rebuild Rome in a year. This was a senior laden team and now next year you set a level for the kids that are left and coming up that this is not how it is to be done. I hope that if necessary Coach will dismiss any that start this next year. It's nothing but jealousy from the kid's about Havelock. We have some pushing and shoving in a few games but nothing major. West Carteret was different but then you are dealing with West Carteret and anyone in the conference knows what I mean by saying that. I don't know if we lost by 1 in overtime last night if it would feel this bad. I love West Craven and love seeing my school do well. I do not love what I saw last night. It's gut wrenching to stand there and watch.. I have always said it's easy to act like a winner but every kid should have to go through losing and learn to handle losing. At the little league level they want to teach that everyone is a winner. Well they're not and they better learn this in life because the real world is waiting and it's rough. I'll end this rant with this and I'm done with high school football for this year. I'll follow and pull for Havelock and Jacksonville. 2 teams giving their all and doing it the right way.

A statement from our Principle Randy St. Clair.

Good Morning Eagle Nation! This is your principal, Mr. St.Clair. I'd like to thank all of you for your ongoing support of our athletic teams throughout the fall season. Last night our football season ended. Those boys and coaches should be proud of their efforts. They had a tremendous season. They brought such a joy and excitement to the school and the community that will never be forgotten. For that we are all most grateful. Unfortunately, most of the good that our players have done will be overlooked due to poor judgement and lack of self-control from a few of our players. Trust me when I say that is not who we are, and it is not what our coaches, administration, and teachers teach our students every day they are with us. I apologize to all who had to witness such behavior. As educators we are in the business of not just molding great minds but also great character. We clearly have more work to do. I challenge you to not respond negatively to anything that was said or done that does not put West Craven High School in a positive light. West Craven High School is a school of high integrity and positive values. That will never change. Stay Eagle Strong and help us continue to build in our students a sense of worth and pride not in just winning games but in being a person of great moral character, faith, and most importantly love.

Well said Otis! I do however have 1 question if I may? Why didn't West come out for the National Anthem?

Well said Otis! I do however have 1 question if I may? Why didn't West come out for the National Anthem?

Seems the whole night was screwed from the get go. The whole season we have played the National Anthem at either 6:50 for regular season and 7:20 for the playoffs. Why they did the National Anthem at 7:15 and didn't let anyone know they were starting early I can't say. I know that the coaches had no clue nor did they think anyone needed to know what time they were coming out because it had gone smoothly all year. When Coach T had finished his pregame with the team they realized the Anthem had started . What do you do at that point? Walk out in the middle of it? They didn't want to disrupt it. I wonder if the band even knew they started early. Didn't both bands play? I remember thinking both bands did. It caught me off guard as well. I was in front of the field house when it started and I started to go back to let them know but I knew it was too late.

Soonerfan-in-NC I just got home and saw this on facebook somebody shared from the Havelock booster club facebook page. It explains it. I knew we have had no problem with the timing and didn't understand why it was so messed up this past Friday.

Message from the HHS Athletic Director on the National Anthem issue from last Friday's game.

On Friday Night, the Rams & Eagles were assigned an officiating crew from a different part of the state. The officials prompted an early playing of the National Anthem, which was routine in their home region (in order to meet the officials' goal of having the field clear with 5 minutes prior to kickoff) However that somehow was not communicated to the Eagles & unfortunately the Eagles were caught inside while the anthem was played. Regrettably, this prompted many in attendance to speculate as to the reason for this outcome.
If you've ever stood to hear that song before your final game, you can relate... Havelock High School, it's coaches and players regret these circumstances and recognize what a disappointment it must be to not have been able to hear our nation's anthem in preparation for the game that would cap their incredible season. Out of respect for our own community, as well as for West Craven, I would request no further negative comments and accusations in reference to this incident, and that respect be shown for the West Craven Eagles who had an unbelievable football season despite all that's befallen them and their community these past months.

Thank you.
Mitch Williams
Athletic Director
Havelock High School

Nah west Craven was really good but I told everyone if havelock would fix their pass defense by playoffs to watch out that was the only flaw I could spot on havelock defense and their passing game also got better if they keep playing this way I don't see anyone beating them
Hibriten is your huckleberry!

252 we have a lot of Military people in our community as well as we would never allow the Anthem to be ignored that way. I can understand people questioning it though. My dad was Army Ranger in the early 50's. Involved with the group that first repelled from a helicopter. Trained to go to North Korea in a classified mission to overthrow the North Korean regime. They reached the armistice agreement before they deployed. Only reason I'm here probably. I'd never have anything to do with disrespecting the Anthem. Ok so i don't want to see this thread bumped again. The title is killing me. I want to see it off the front page. Good luck tonight to all the Havelock Ram fans. Git er done!

Last edited:
Reactions: ItsJustWords252
Military back then was about having each other back brother hood and everything now a day military is more individual ever since that no ask don't tell crap came out ... I'm sorry

I had family in the military as well my brother my granddad and I still don't care for the national anthem that much because our country helps other countries more than the people here

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT