ADVERTISEMENT

Game day.

I noticed 32 wasn't at linebacker. I didn't see any others missing though

Anyone think this blowout had a lot to do with gwy rumor?

There was two different threads started on here by a cherokee fan that were removed very quickly...stating that he was at the game saying that all the swain fans were talking about was fighting throughout the week between players and coaches and that the players had turned on the coaches....if there was that much turmoil going on could that explain why they played like hot garbage tonight?

I don't think that's the reason they lost....I didn't think they would win....but barely losing to murphy then getting curb stomped by robbinsville just doesn't add up

Robbinsville is averaging 47 points a game and just hung 43 on what everyone thought was one of the best defenses in WNC..Robbinsville took ALL their starters out with 6 minutes left in the game or we would have scored again.

That was just an ol' fashioned whooping everybody witnessed tonight. Swain left the game on the bus, but that's what happens from time to time. Gonna be a heck of a game next week at Murphy.

Side note: What was up with that $300 50/50? Somebody skimming off the top?

I was just stating their locker room rumors around town. But for the record there has only been two teams that have failed to put 7 or more points up on Robbinsville and they are : Swain and Rosman. For the record.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
I never for the life of me will understand why a parent of a player would get on here and say their team has major injuries, ESPECIALLY, if the opposing team would not know of any injuries. Good luck to the devils tonight, wish I could make it to this game.

And this whole time I thought you were Mrs. Swaindad lol

Funny but nope. Most everyone I know from Robbinsville already knew about injuries before some from Swain knew. They were asking me on Tuesday. Some were even fake news and bad rumors. With social media word and rumors gets out quick. Probably the kids with Snapgram and Instachat and face twitter. I never used the term “major injuries” either.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I dont think many people realize the depth of talent Robbinsville has. We have backups at most positions that could fill in here and there and we’d never miss a beat. Especially on D. Even when we put in the entire second string, they are not giving up many points.

Very out of character performance from Swain tonight ! Robbinsville is no doubt the better team but 43-6 better ? After the Swain- Murphy game I’d of said we’d be lucky to get a win , oh well that’s why I’ve not been asked to coach or for my opinion. Great job tonight but do not sleep on a young athletic Andrews squad , get by the wildcats on Friday and then we have one more to play but I can’t remember who we play last game. Hahaha. Going to be a big one at the hill. Go knights

Knights offense is more accurately described as "run the ball and score".
I made that comment after thier first TD , that first drive they just rushed the ball and took a lot of time off the clock it reminded me of Mtn Heritage and seemed to be thier game plan, but the next drive there was the big run, then the turn overs by Swain it just snow balled.

Best I can tell Swain had 180 total yds.
Better team won tonight! When I say team I mean coaches included! Swain could do so much more if the coaches would help put these players in certain situations. It took forever to get the plays in, resulting in penalties and timeouts. Swain tried to line up and run it up the middle. Didn’t work, so they try it again. RVille dared Swain to throw the ball but they didn’t. I know Swain has great receivers, but are scared to throw it in big games. Swain should put ball in your athletes hands and give that team a chance. RVille has success blitzing on the devils and swains defense is always playing back in a prevent type defense. Like it or not Swain has been out coached 2 weeks in a row.

Reactions: Swain97
This group got the win:
Garland, Edwards, Phillips, Shope,Carlos,Coats..Total Dominating the line on both sides.

The underclassmen on this team really strutted their stuff last night..Hooper,Edwards, Collins, Carlos,Phillips, Wachacha, Keener, Cline,Hamilton,

Reactions: BK13T-$
Just can’t hide it can you smc 15. It’s tough to throw the ball when you’re running for your life. We got whipped up front all night last night. We tackled poorly. Explain with all your football prowess how the coaches cost us the Murphy game. It was a hard fought game that could have gone either way

Just can’t hide it can you smc 15. It’s tough to throw the ball when you’re running for your life. We got whipped up front all night last night. We tackled poorly. Explain with all your football prowess how the coaches cost us the Murphy game. It was a hard fought game that could have gone either way

Like I said, the better team won. I never said it was all coaching. Looks like the RVille coaching staff had a great game plan and was prepared. Yes, swain got beat up front against RVille on both sides of the ball. Not hard to defend Swain. Can’t block 8 with 5. So, you think Swain should keep running up the middle over and over after getting stuffed every play? You think they should change anything up? Maybe get the plays in quicker to give the kids a chance to get a play off. Spread the field to get the defenders out. This can open up the run as well. As far as the Murphy game, both teams played great. Gentry going drawing Swain offsides and then going for 2 was smart. Then when Swain got the ball back for the last drive they didn’t have a clue what to do. Why wouldn’t you hang it up to your receivers on the last play.

Swain completed a pass to number 6 on first play of last drive. A sack on second play. And a long pass to goal line on last play. What else would you have come up with against Murphy. Robbinsville played head up on our best receiver with a safety over the top to help. They played two deep safeties almost all night. We had to roll the qb to get any semblance of time to throw and that didn’t work much either. We had multiple turnovers and tackled poorly from the front through the secondary. When we tried to option outside the qb was under pressure from the snap. We had limited success on jet sweep but could not block the corners. Tell me again what you would do. At some point it’s about winning the battle in front of you. Was this because we played a hard fought game against Murphy and did not have anything left in the tank for a good Robbinsville team. I don’t know. What I do know is if get punched in the mouth as player and you don’t punch back you will keep getting punched.

Swain completed a pass to number 6 on first play of last drive. A sack on second play. And a long pass to goal line on last play. What else would you have come up with against Murphy. Robbinsville played head up on our best receiver with a safety over the top to help. They played two deep safeties almost all night. We had to roll the qb to get any semblance of time to throw and that didn’t work much either. We had multiple turnovers and tackled poorly from the front through the secondary. When we tried to option outside the qb was under pressure from the snap. We had limited success on jet sweep but could not block the corners. Tell me again what you would do. At some point it’s about winning the battle in front of you. Was this because we played a hard fought game against Murphy and did not have anything left in the tank for a good Robbinsville team. I don’t know. What I do know is if get punched in the mouth as player and you don’t punch back you will keep getting punched.

Your are right about the last drive on Murphy. Swain tried to throw it to the back out of the backfield. Smallest kid on the field on the last play. Robbinsville played head up and played 1 safety over top to the strong side. I didn’t see 2 safety’s over the top all night. They had the other safety walked up. Don’t really matter because the pass is not a threat to anyone Swain plays. You ask what I would do. I think I have covered that. If something is not working , change it up. Maybe hang one up before halftime instead of running up the middle. I was told that this is the same Swain team that won the conference in JV’s. Looking at 3rd now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT