ADVERTISEMENT

Four County vs Three Rivers

Ilovesports15

Oct 24, 2013
Comparing these two good split conferences over the past two years and moving forward. Over the past two years they both have won state titles, played for state titles, and played for eastern championships in different sports.

Football: I would give the edge to the Four County conference with Clinton playing for a title last year and Wallace winning a title last year

Basketball: I believe they are close to even with the edge to the Three Rivers with Fairmont playing for the eastern title last year. Looking for Clinton to be strong the next few years.

Baseball: I give the edge to the Three Rivers. Yes Midway won a state title two years ago and lost in the eastern championship last year but Whiteville has won two titles and beat rival West Columbus in the eastern title series last year. Also Fairmont has strong baseball.

Soccer: I would give the edge to the Four County conference. Wallace has won two titles in the last two years and Clinton has been strong.

Anybody else down east have any thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said. Football wise it is probably more true since the Four County was 10-1 in head-to-head competition last year. 3-Rivers did better in 2013 going 7-3. The one problem is that WRH hasn't played a 3 Rivers team in those 2 years so you would assume that would be another win for the 4 County. What I saw was East and West Bladen playing the majority of the games vs 3 Rivers with Clinton/Trask playing a couple.

Basketball is close, not sure of the head-to-head record but both conferences play pretty decent basketball. Top to bottom its probably pretty equal.

Baseball isn't really that close. Whiteville and Fairmont are the cream of the crop with the rest of the 3 Rivers not falling off too much. After Midway, the 4 County just doesn't have the same caliber of baseball.

In Soccer, WRH and Clinton have great programs. E Bladen is on the rise. So top to bottom, I really think the 4 County is substantially better.

But yeah, you are right on the mark with your comparison.

I agree with everything you said. Football wise it is probably more true since the Four County was 10-1 in head-to-head competition last year. 3-Rivers did better in 2013 going 7-3. The one problem is that WRH hasn't played a 3 Rivers team in those 2 years so you would assume that would be another win for the 4 County. What I saw was East and West Bladen playing the majority of the games vs 3 Rivers with Clinton/Trask playing a couple.

Basketball is close, not sure of the head-to-head record but both conferences play pretty decent basketball. Top to bottom its probably pretty equal.

Baseball isn't really that close. Whiteville and Fairmont are the cream of the crop with the rest of the 3 Rivers not falling off too much. After Midway, the 4 County just doesn't have the same caliber of baseball.

In Soccer, WRH and Clinton have great programs. E Bladen is on the rise. So top to bottom, I really think the 4 County is substantially better.

But yeah, you are right on the mark with your comparison.

Did you say Soccer, where did that come from. Really guys if you are going to throw soccer into the mix, then go all the way and throw all sports male and female into the mix.
If you compare all. I believe Three Rivers holds it's own.

If you throw girls sports in the mix, 4-County top to bottom is definitely better. With the exception of Whiteville, 3 Rivers doesn't do that well in girls sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT