ADVERTISEMENT

Forestview@Crest

In my opinion, Forestview should run sparingly from the single back spread. Just enough to show it. Otherwise, empty backfield with 5 wide. Crest will likely go with 3 down lineman if FV is 5 wide. The key for FV is blitz pick-up by the O Line and blitz recognition by the QB when Crest has 3 down linemen.

FV should continue to run power I and try to pick up 2 or 3 yards at a time and pass out of the 5 receiver spread. The problem with that idea is that it is predictable and can lead to 3 and outs. FV has shown some success in passing out of the I which can lead to some big gainers.

FV should also be careful not to do too much play action in the single back set if the intent is to pass. Showing the ball to Neal will not slow down the Crest line and only serves to give Crawford less time to get rid of the pass. Having Neal in the backfield is enough of a play action in an of itself. Take the snap and get rid of the ball.

As to FV on defense. I think they should load the box against the run. And if Crest passes, then they should bring the house anyway. Man up on the receivers and put as much pressure as possible on Green to make the throw.

Originally posted by No Dog in the Fight:
O.K. here's a general observation - call me capt. obvious. I've seen Crest play in person and on video. So, I'm going to talk about offense.

The Crest offense has a large margin of error. They can turn the ball over a couple of times in a game, have 3 and outs, or just flounder in general. And it doesn't matter. Doesn't matter at all.

The defense holds up. Even if put in bad situations. The defense will force the other team to turn the ball over or will eventually put the Crest offense on a short field. Once on the short field, they can run the ball or go wildcat and push it in the endzone.

And eventually, Harbison is fast enough that he will break one.

As to the observation that the offense isn't in sync (a term I've seen on here)... yeah that's a good way of putting it. Here are few guesses as to why.

Play calling and execution don't flow.
If there is a flow, a penalty will stop the flow.
And.... this is a spread option run team trying to force a passing game in an attempt to create a balanced offense. Just doesn't seem to work.

I think the offense would work better with a running QB who could run read option runs and pass a little. A quick, option QB with Harbison would be very good. It's not like Crest is going to be playing catchup by more than a TD with that Defense. And if they were behind by 10 or 14 late, is the current passing game good enough to bring them out of a hole?
Catching the ball would have gotten us 14 to 28 more points last week. WRs and QB could also throw the ball around on the sideline to keep themselves in sync when its cold.

Originally posted by RalphMachio99:

Still I hope we see them because beating any football team twice in one season is really hard to do. It is espeically hard to do when you have proven your inability to do so in the past. 34% is a number that should be considered for the *Crest players. It is their lineage, and they should know about it before stepping out onto the field. The silent expectation in the backs of the minds of *Crest fandom is that something bad will happen in that game that will de-rail the plans. This week is a W for *Crest. But if SP/Crest meet again, will *Crest play the game already defeated or not?
Ralph, I think your reaching with your hopeful logic. I can assure you, Crest only remembers that 35-0 drubbing they put on your slow, undersized team before our backups allowed your starters 2 pity scores late. Our starters and backups alike relish the thought of meeting them again. Starters get to pad some stats and backups get to play a whole half.
If your team had put up any fight at all there might be some concern on the players or fans part. What happened 2006-2013 has nothing to do with this year. ZERO.

I think the only thing that will be on the Crest players minds prior to a Crest/South Point rematch will be trying not to giggle and snicker when they line up across from your boys. You should always show respect no matter how much they remind you of Chase or Hunter Huss.

Enjoy your fortunate game against the 5th place team from the highly overrated Southern Piedmont 3A.

Crest defense front 7 lined up against South Point offense

sad0010.r191677.gif

See you soon. Can't wait. snicker, snicker, giggle.

Originally posted by seadog28:
^A lot of words for someone who acts like he is sure of himself.
Why shouldn't I be sure. I saw the game in person, I saw the film of the game after and i saw the boxscore in the Gazette. Nowhere in any of those 3 was there any doubt. Enjoy your rah rah routine. that might work against 5th place teams that have never seen your team but we both know whats coming in 2 weeks.

"If your team had put up any fight at all there might be some concern on the players or fans part. What happened 2006-2013 has nothing to do with this year. ZERO."

I think it matters. If your forefathers shat themselves at the sight of red and black, I think the young ens will do so in time. Much has been made of *Crest's fast defense. For a HS defense they are pretty fast. As a team, above average speed. But, Shrine Bowl, NIKE and other combine numbers are easy to read on the internet. So, while your group looks fast vs. SP (for instance), it doesn't mean you're fast. IF you can get by SP twice in the same season (think about that for a bit), then you will get a Havelock or the like. They won't have any problems showing you their speed.

SP wingbacks (the two tall ones) are about the same speed. The wideouts and 3rd wing are slower than that, but about the same speed. The qb is about the speed of the wideouts. So, while we're not real fast, we do attack from lots of areas with similar talent so your defense can begin the guessing game now. We aren't trying to break 80 yard TDs every play. We just enjoy watching the demoralization show that *Crest puts on after getting down 14-0. We've seen the same show for so many years. The DT argues with the DE. The LB points at the NT. The SS puts his arms out wide while talking to the CB. It's a clown show, and those stupid looking uniforms only make it worse. Price of admission .34 cents. Let's get that front seven tipping forward like last time.

What if your season continuing depends on beating SP at the game of tackle football twice in one year? Another question for you to ponder. If you lose that game, will the coach be fired?

This post was edited on 11/26 7:45 AM by RalphMachio99

O.K., 91, not missing a beat. Who's your back-up QB this year? Just
wondering? Fabulous athlete, returns punts, etc... Just bring up a J.V.
throw the number on him and no one will notice. Right....

Wouldn't life be easier for the *crestie coaches, players....even fans if they lost this game vs. FV and didn't have to do the big swallow and show up to fight SP again? I mean...you wouldn't have to worry about excuses, or tradition, or history, or expectations. Life would be a whole lot better...Christmas would be a whole lot easier around the card table in BS town if *crest were to just lose this game vs. FV and not have to meet the belt holder.

This is *crest's best team ever judging by what I've seen personally, in the paper and from the mouths of the fans. So, if the best *crest team ever lost to a mediocre sp team, what would that say about *crest's program? It would be so much easier to lose to FV and maintain your dignity and be able to talk about what could've have been.

I agree No Dog no fight....I like your breakdown and imo its spot on. The RB has put the offense on his back and that is what big time athletes do. I have to hand it to Forestview. This group is not the same team that lost to KM early. I see it being close early then Crest just flat out wears them down and wins by 2-3 scores. Best of luck to both teams.

Originally posted by Lawn12Dog:

I agree No Dog no fight....I like your breakdown and imo its spot on. The RB has put the offense on his back and that is what big time athletes do. I have to hand it to Forestview. This group is not the same team that lost to KM early. I see it being close early then Crest just flat out wears them down and wins by 2-3 scores. Best of luck to both teams.
Could see it happening this way as well. Will be interested in seeing if Crest goes more and more smashmouth this round.

They have to go smash mouth....because they can't pass. *crest passing game looks about like SPs. Nobody on staff knows much about it, and they do it when everyone in the building knows it will happen.

FV is a finesse team. Barnes and Co. know it. This game will take 1.5 hours to play because *crest doesn' t want to show their weaknesses and why would they when the matchup is so choice for them? They will run the ball 45 times and pass twice and be done quickly.

Smash mouth part 2, the little brother (*crest) will get to meet the King of the Cage in about a week and half. SP will show you what smash mouth football really is.

Now everybody knows the Crest pony's are overrated, sure they beat the Raiders early in the season, SPoint had young team, finding there way. Look for a different result this time. Humble pie is coming to Boiling Springs Raider style.

This post was edited on 11/26 1:00 PM by RamHard

Crest QB is fine. The kid who is out is an athlete - DB, WR, punt returner, and has played QB. Been gone for a few weeks now but apparently the team is just fine without him.

*cresties walk around town with humble pie sitting in the corners of their mouths, as most slobs do. They live with it 365 days a year, for decades at a time. *crest will get a chance to show that phenomenal speed they have on defense.
If you drug tested the *crest loyalists, you would find: 20% turpentine, 15% chicken, 34% feces, 2% possum, 29% white liquor and 0 % potassium.

If a tree falls in the woods, does anybody hear it?
If a *crest player cramps in December, does anybody see it?

The only thing they sell for diapers in Boiling Springs is an off product from Ingles called 'Crampers'. They get the ones who are actually from BS ready and going young. The other 30% of the players who make up the team hailing from Gaffney, Shelby, KM, Diet Cherryville, Fallston and Polk County transfer in around 9th-10th grade, so they have to be gotten up to speed on what to do in the second half when you're getting the absolute p!ss beaten out of you and you can't blame anybody else on the team anymore.

Boiling Springs is the only place on earth where a lawnmower is used for trips to the store and cruisin', and car is used for a house.
This post was edited on 11/26 1:10 PM by RalphMachio99

Crest QB is fine. The kid who is out is an athlete - DB, WR, punt returner, and has played QB. Been gone for a few weeks now but apparently the team is just fine without him.
He was mostly defense and punt return but Jordan Oates has completely taken over and filled the holes...that's called depth

Our second string QB is good enough to start and the other player (at best) would have been a third string QB...or really just another running back...should we have needed him at all in that position.

We have a mean wildcat formation which is almost unstoppable with several guys who can run it right at you, Rosoboro, Harbison Huskey, the list goes on...and our defense is good enough that we could run every single play if we wanted to and win.

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Its a proven fact that Harbison runs the ball..................
clown.r191677.gif
's
I'm sorry....Harbison? Does he play on the *crest team? Is he up from the JVs?

Sounds like cramps came early this Christmas. That fella must be the smartest one out of the bunch over there. He got out while the getting was good. He will miss the fallout from the loss to SP; the firing of the staff, the dirty remarks from the community/fans/students, the embarrassment of the best team in school history succumbing to the mighty SP Big Red Machine who is fielding a bunch of Beta Club students pretending to be tough.

Next season, *crest will have to expand their search for talent up into Hickory and Lincoln County areas. I hear you have had a couple "fall out" (smart) and I've heard talk of one more that might not play in this Friday's or next Friday's game.

Nobody noticed him or anyone else being gone because when you play the last 3 games against the Lincoln Tech Fighting Gazelles, KM Prep Rainbow Warriors and East, East Rutherfordton Home School Mathletes; the d#Mn JVs could win those games. Who is this new JV RB Harbison? How has he taken a RB job from some of those other "great" afletes? Who got benched? Can he run over anybody? Can he outrun anybody? Is he tough enough to put his head down and prove it? Not much to prove on the JV field. Maybe he can prove it on the Varsity field.

This post was edited on 11/26 2:24 PM by RalphMachio99

Anyway, please go away. You're trolling on our Crest vs forest view thread and since both teams own you this year, we really don't care what you think. This is the fourth round game. The next game will just be a cupcake practice for state, which will do more harm than good.

Said this last week and it is true again this week. This is the second best team Crest has played this year and will be a tough test. Forestview has a real threat in Neal that can break some plays for scores. Offense needs to find a rhythm whether that means going smash mouth or connecting in the passing game.

Originally posted by Lawn12Dog:
Just curious .....prior to FV being built where did students attend ?
SP, Ashbrook, and Huss border their district.

This post was edited on 11/27 10:39 AM by Crest is Garbage

Here kitty, kitty! Our big south brothers are coming to the ranch...they've gotten us at home before!!! Let's not let it happen again!!! We gotta hit them in the mouth!! Keep them scrambling! Force them into mistakes!!! And Crest O has got to be ready!!! They gotta be fired up and focused!! Catch the dang ball! Block!! All that good stuff!

I know it's thanksgiving, happy turkey day and blah blah. I got a kidney stone and can't really go out an celebrate, so somebody throw me a freakin bone here! It's game day tomorrow, I want to hear some more from the jag fans, I know you guys THINK you're flying under the radar, but this fan ain't looking to next Friday. My only hope is that the chargers ain't lookin ahead either, cause it don't really matter what the fans do or don't do.

You guys might smack us right in the face. I don't know what to expect from the O, but if they play like they did last Friday and the Jag offense puts up some points (which they should, whether on first string or second is to be determined) then we could have another 2002 season all over again.

I'd like to believe that the coaches saw a lot of things they didn't like last week. Hopefully, they went out and made the WR's catch about 100 passes this week while under pressure...

With that being said, did Pisgah's defense give you guys some fits in the first half? I noticed it was pretty close until you guys pulled away late.

91--- I think we're going to play our best offensive game of the yr....not necessarily point wise but our most consistent game offensively. We've been pretty good avg 35 pts per game. I think we start peaking this week but when it's all said and done we win with defense. Let's just take em one at a time and hopefully enjoy the ride.

My observation was that Pisgah used DB's off the edge to run blitz and slow down the FV running game in the first half. Basically, guessing run, or that if it was a pass the qb couldn't get it off in time.

Forestview had some big gainers to the 6'6" WR to get into the red zone for TD runs And the FV defense had some interceptions.

FV played without the kid who was their leading receiver most of the year who was out with an injury. Don't know if he'll be back tomorrow or not.

Good Friday morning Shelby Crest fans. I have been reading this thread all week. Good luck to both teams. Go Jags

Hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope nobody got trampled on last night in the Black Friday fustercluck. It seems like this Friday has taken forever to get here.

True Indeed. Black Friday prices everywhere but the ticket gate tonight! LOL

*crest people don't need to show up.
This may go down as the least attended 3rd round playoff game in NCHSAA history.

*crest people don't show up to their own home games.
the UR/FV jaguars don't show up to home or away games.

This game may be played in front of 687 strong including the announcers and rented cops.
Will all *crest players even dress? I have heard from some reliable sources that they don't like to play in the cold, so some may not even play tonight because they aren't worried about the game. Better to keep your toes toasty and your face warm than play in a game that 60% of the starters can win. Let the *crest stars rest up for next week's game when it counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT