ADVERTISEMENT

Forestview@Crest

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
Originally posted by seadog28:
Faith is a great thing to have. How strong will it be in a close game against an unintimidated team? Just asking because I know at least 2 that are still playing.
Seadog, you seem to be confused. Both the teams you reference have personally seen the Chargers this season and have been thumped by the them this year. FV in a scrimmage and, well....you remember August 22nd, right? Chargers were smacking your raiders 35-0 when Coach Barnes called off the horses and put our backups in early 3rd quarter. 2 pity scores later the final was 35-13. INTIMIDATION is GUARANTEED when either walk onto the field at Sid Bryson.

This never say die attitude you display will come in very handy after South Point is absorbed by Stuart Cramer.
ICF,

Go right ahead and hang your hat on results from 3 months ago. Red Raiders guaranteed to be intimidated? Choke, choke, choke, let me catch by breath
roll.r191677.gif

Anybody can win a single game this time of year. However, after playing both teams, Crest has far superior talent to FV. Moe Neal will be the best talent on the field, but Crest brings a lot of different weapons. Crest beat SP hands down while FV had to have a 3-0 advantage in TO's to win in OT. SP will be happy to have the opportunity to play either in the next round, but I prefer Crest. To be the best you have to beat the best.

Originally posted by Showtime92:
FV is not balanced, they seem to be a run first oriented team.... It will get ugly for the jaguars. I also think that Harbison will have his way running the ball. I don't see Crest offensive line having any trouble opening up lanes against the Jags.
I just checked MaxPreps. According the available stats:
This year, FV has been more run oriented (60%). Last year, it was the reverse - 60-40 passing/rushing.
This year, Crest has been 50/50 pass/run but last year they were 80% rushing.

So you can see why I might think FV as more balanced - they will take the run if they can get it but won't hesitate to put it up if they need to give their runners more opportunities or to take advantage of the opponent's weakness.
Example: against SP this year, they passed for 170 and ran for 154. Even though they came out with the win, their defense gave up 316 on the ground.

Crest should eat up FV on the ground and now have a sufficient passing game to keep the FV defense (such as it is) honest. But I expect FV to pass when possible to try to open things up for Neal, who is also a WR as well as RB.

I was watching the Crest coaches last night...it's been a while since I've seen some one knock over the white board as they were screaming...In a sense, I was glad to see the fire in the coach. He was feeling the same we (the fans) were. He honestly couldn't believe what was going on out on the field.

The offense WILL get it together, I have full faith in Barnes and company...Monday practice is going to be rough for the offense though...shoo whee!

While I do appreciate the fact that lots of Crest and SP posters think they know Forestview, I'm going to have to disagree. You know as much about Forestview as I do about the Raiders and the Chargers. This is what I know about both of them...they are tough. We in Gastonia knew if we were going to make a run at it this year it would be through Boiling Springs and possibly Belmont, and we're all fine with that. Sure Forestview saw Crest earlier this year...IN A SCRIMMAGE...you know one of those events before the season even starts. Where coaches don't gameplan, you just show up and play. C'mon lets get real here. Everybody knows Crest is good, everybody knows South Points pretty good...yet the Jags are in the same round and have already been written off. We understand were underdogs, we play that role well. My only question is this...a few SP posters have said they want Crest because they are the best. If Forestview pulls out a victory on Friday would it be considered luck?

When I say you don't know much about Forestview it's not a shot at you guys, just saying the only thing you know about us is what you read in a paper or message board. Aside from the game at Lineberger this year OR a SCRIMMAGE. Truth be told in that scrimmage the Jaguars held there on in most part because Crest fumbled multiple times. Don't count the Jaguars out, strange things can happen this late in the season.

Originally posted by rockstrong:
While I do appreciate the fact that lots of Crest and SP posters think they know Forestview, I'm going to have to disagree. You know as much about Forestview as I do about the Raiders and the Chargers. This is what I know about both of them...they are tough. We in Gastonia knew if we were going to make a run at it this year it would be through Boiling Springs and possibly Belmont, and we're all fine with that. Sure Forestview saw Crest earlier this year...IN A SCRIMMAGE...you know one of those events before the season even starts. Where coaches don't gameplan, you just show up and play. C'mon lets get real here. Everybody knows Crest is good, everybody knows South Points pretty good...yet the Jags are in the same round and have already been written off. We understand were underdogs, we play that role well. My only question is this...a few SP posters have said they want Crest because they are the best. If Forestview pulls out a victory on Friday would it be considered luck?

When I say you don't know much about Forestview it's not a shot at you guys, just saying the only thing you know about us is what you read in a paper or message board. Aside from the game at Lineberger this year OR a SCRIMMAGE. Truth be told in that scrimmage the Jaguars held there on in most part because Crest fumbled multiple times. Don't count the Jaguars out, strange things can happen this late in the season.
No one is counting anyone out. Who better to know that strange things happen than Crest and South Point. Last year, SP was expected to win against Concord and had a much better team than this year's team. However, the Spiders sent us packing. Crest was way up at half time against Southern Durham only to see victory and a state title disappear before their very eyes. This year, South Point was not expected to beat Concord but you see where we are. And ask Freedom about East Rowan. Our discussions are based on stats, what we see at one particular point of time, or what we read in the paper or the message boards because no one in the world can predict who will get out of the wrong side of the bed come game day.

+1, rockstrong. Advancing for any of us to play anyone would be great. FV has a good team, good fans and as good a chance as any of us. Time to shut up and put up. Good luck to the Jags.

Sasha, apologies that wasn't necessarily directed at you. I don't believe I've read a SP poster counting us out...nor really a Crest poster. More of these others who are just adding to conversation after probably never seeing any of the 3 teams in discussion play. Forestview knows well that anything can happen, hell last years playoffs taught us that.

I'm a longtime Gaston County resident and can't say I've ever liked SP, but what I can say is I've always respected them. Which I think says more then liking a team.

What I want...I want an all Big South Regional Final. Where the lots of people said that the Big South Conference was terrible this year...and yet one of us would represent it in Raleigh.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by No Dog in the Fight:
Showtime92: I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, I just would like to hear what type of offense would be a good matchup against Crest?
A team with a very good offensive line with a running QB who can throw and a good big running back.There is none of these in the 3A west.
Shelby was close to this..... Didn't score any TDs... So what that the Dallas Cowboys aren't in 3A West.... Why are you more concerned with who we play and could play more than shelby's ....??? It appears to me you are only satisfied if crest loses.... At this point we are all representing one area.... You don't have to pull for us, but you need to accept our success and program and give credit where it is earned.. You love us losing more than you love Shelby winning??? That's a selfish act... Get off our cakewalk schedule... ALL championships will be earned.. Crest suits up every week and has NO CONTROL who's on the field with them.. OUR TEAM IS LEGIT, WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES... YOU KNOW IT..... THE 2A is WEAK, BUT I AINT CRYING ABOUT IT.... SHUT UP

Originally posted by justanidiot:

Showtime92: I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, I just would like to hear what type of offense would be a good matchup against Crest?
A team with a very good offensive line with a running QB who can throw and a good big running back.There is none of these in the 3A west.
OUR TEAM IS LEGIT, WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES...
lol, depends on what you consider legit
roll.r191677.gif

We don't need to look past Forestveiw this week. Take one game at a time. Defense continue to do what it does best. It is time for the offense to hit their stride. Forestveiw is a good team or they wouldn't still be playing. Same goes for South Point.
We played the Jaguars in a scrimmage and South Point earlier in the season. Both teams have improved so we need to be ready. But first we need to take care of business this Friday. To all the Jag fans, have a great Thanksgiving and a safe trip to the Ranch. To South Point, have a great Thanksgiving and take care of business Friday. Wish to see some old Raider friends in two weeks.

I don't think there will be too much offensive firepower in this game and I don't think Crest will roll over Forestview like a few posters on here are saying. I think it will be nice and cold, crisp football weather and both teams will come out fired up for this.

Shelby was close to this..... Didn't score any TDs... So what that the Dallas Cowboys aren't in 3A West.... Why are you more concerned with who we play and could play more than shelby's ....??? It appears to me you are only satisfied if crest loses.... At this point we are all representing one area.... You don't have to pull for us, but you need to accept our success and program and give credit where it is earned.. You love us losing more than you love Shelby winning??? That's a selfish act... Get off our cakewalk schedule... ALL championships will be earned.. Crest suits up every week and has NO CONTROL who's on the field with them.. OUR TEAM IS LEGIT, WE HAVE WHAT IT TAKES... YOU KNOW IT..... THE 2A is WEAK, BUT I AINT CRYING ABOUT IT.... SHUT UP
I was just saying what it would take to beat Crest.Shelby's o line is very young with no seniors,our QB is not a big threat to run and we do have a good running back who proved you can run on Crest.All this other garbage you are talking about makes no sense.I would rather be playing Forestview at home than traveling to Reidsville.Anyway good luck this week.

To be the man you must beat the man. The team to beat in the west all year has been Crest, and nothing had changed. Crest is big strong and fast and a VERY good football team. What's it take to beat Crest, very simply you have to play a perfect game and get turnovers that give you a short field. You won't get long drives on that D they are too good. You have to get scores as fast as possible, which we all know is easier said then done.

REV...You have a personal invite .Come on over to Sid Bryson friday night. Watch your players reach their FULL potential at a real football school. Or, keep trolling the boards trying to be noticed. Got any up and comers we need to look at ? HAHAHA........TROLL

Come on Crest you got to win Friday, then beat the Raiders. Want to see you guys play my Rams, want to see the Rams play THE BEST TEAM EVER!

Originally posted by chargerbacker1:
REV...You have a personal invite .Come on over to Sid Bryson friday night. Watch your players reach their FULL potential at a real football school. Or, keep trolling the boards trying to be noticed. Got any up and comers we need to look at ? HAHAHA........TROLL
coming from a guy that trashed me for my thoughts on the Crest offense, only to post the same opinion a few posts later...I may be a troll but you are justanidiots twin sister. We got quite a few good kids coming up, Im sure they will have free t shirts and cheap rent offers very soon.

ps Thanks Sasha.... I will now declare my new favorite team as the NC Science and Math School, their mascot is the Unicorn.

Forestview is going from Pisgah to Crest. That is a big step. Don't feel bad because the chargers run will come to a end in two weeks.

Hope the Crest PA guy chills out a little this week LOL. Suttle(AD) sent someone to tell him to cool it.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Truth^^^ we are arrogant because we can be.

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Hope the Crest PA guy chills out a little this week LOL. Suttle(AD) sent someone to tell him to cool it.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Yeah what happened to the guy that was there all year?

He should be back this week.
Originally posted by notashelbyfan:

Hope the Crest PA guy chills out a little this week LOL. Suttle(AD) sent someone to tell him to cool it

Originally posted by notashelbyfan:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
Same guy, but with more White Liquor. There is an issue when the PA Announcer says The Uh Crest Uh Chargers.
party0027.r191677.gif

You know, Crest lost a very good player a few weeks ago. Did I miss it, or has there not been any discussion?
Whats to discuss? kid made a bad choice, and our defense hasn't skipped a beat without him...the world continues to spin

Still waiting on a team to score a touchdown on our first string D...Will it be Forestview? They are more offensively powerful than any team we've faced...minus Shelby. So it will be interesting...I'm not worried about our D though, they will do their job...The Crest offense though, I'm more curious to see if they can come out and prove they are not as bad as they played last week. They should be playing with a chip on their shoulders. They know they can do better. Forestview will come in with the same mentality as West Rowan...believing they can win...I hope these boys are pumped up!

Originally posted by crest91:

You know, Crest lost a very good player a few weeks ago. Did I miss it, or has there not been any discussion?
Whats to discuss? kid made a bad choice, and our defense hasn't skipped a beat without him...the world continues to spin
I heard this as well a few weeks ago but didnt want to spread rumors if I didnt know the facts.
This post was edited on 11/25 9:39 AM by The_Rev921

O.K. here's a general observation - call me capt. obvious. I've seen Crest play in person and on video. So, I'm going to talk about offense.

The Crest offense has a large margin of error. They can turn the ball over a couple of times in a game, have 3 and outs, or just flounder in general. And it doesn't matter. Doesn't matter at all.

The defense holds up. Even if put in bad situations. The defense will force the other team to turn the ball over or will eventually put the Crest offense on a short field. Once on the short field, they can run the ball or go wildcat and push it in the endzone.

And eventually, Harbison is fast enough that he will break one.

As to the observation that the offense isn't in sync (a term I've seen on here)... yeah that's a good way of putting it. Here are few guesses as to why.

Play calling and execution don't flow.
If there is a flow, a penalty will stop the flow.
And.... this is a spread option run team trying to force a passing game in an attempt to create a balanced offense. Just doesn't seem to work.

I think the offense would work better with a running QB who could run read option runs and pass a little. A quick, option QB with Harbison would be very good. It's not like Crest is going to be playing catchup by more than a TD with that Defense. And if they were behind by 10 or 14 late, is the current passing game good enough to bring them out of a hole?

Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm not saying this sarcastically. I don't think the west has a lot of REALLY good teams playing still. I think *Crest is the best. They have weaknesses, but those aren't so great that they can't really put it to the teams left they have to play.

FV will get rolled up and smoked by those doobie heads in BS town. I think you'll see 1, maybe 2 big plays (RB screen or swing pass) by the FV RB. I know what will happen b/w the tackles. I don't even think they'll try that much on offense by FV. I see *Crest winning 28 - 10 type game. I think *Crest will control the ball/clock and dominate on defense. That's what they should do, capable of doing, and it'll happen.

I DO think football in the west is down. These teams still playing are way down from many years past if comparing that way. The ones still left have to play though, and I think there is one that would be here no matter the matchups whether they were easy or hard and that's *Crest.

Still I hope we see them because beating any football team twice in one season is really hard to do. It is espeically hard to do when you have proven your inability to do so in the past. 34% is a number that should be considered for the *Crest players. It is their lineage, and they should know about it before stepping out onto the field. The silent expectation in the backs of the minds of *Crest fandom is that something bad will happen in that game that will de-rail the plans. This week is a W for *Crest. But if SP/Crest meet again, will *Crest play the game already defeated or not?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT