ADVERTISEMENT

Forestview@Crest

Me too. FV is a much improved team since early on. RB Moe Neal is the real deal and their QB is very mobile.

Chargers win by 2-3 scores but still, the Jags should give us a pretty good game.

Western 3A football I believe is a little down this year.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
Me too. FV is a much improved team since early on. RB Moe Neal is the real deal and their QB is very mobile.

Chargers win by 2-3 scores but still, the Jags should give us a pretty good game.
I've seen Forestview twice and CREST tonight, I don't see a 2-3 score gap between the two. CREST will have the advantage being at home. Forestview offense is explosive, but the CREST defense is outstanding. It's going to come down to turnovers and penalties. I also think the Forestview defense is underrated.

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:

You won by 2-3 scores tonight against a team with no offense at all. Even their fans said that. The Crest receivers have to catch the ball better or FView can win.They are as good (maybe better) as West Rowan defensively and really good on Offense. Crest shot themselves in the foot a lot tonight. They cannot do that next week. Heard Green had a shoulder injury. He took a shot too. West defense frustrated the Crest offense a lot tonight but the WR offense put them in bad positions. Crest first 14 points came from two WR turnovers. Crest has to clean that stuff up on offense but the defense was just insane. That QB for WR is tough to take all that punishment. One time I thought he was out cold. Next week is going to be a good one.

Our defense has carried us for the whole year. Our offensive line needs to do their job and block and our receivers need to catch the ball before trying to run. We can't keep trying to pound it up the middle all game and hope to advance. I hope the officials were taken out and shot after the game. They get worse each week instead of getting better. The whole offense needs some of the attitude the defense has.

I am a firm believer in momentum! Momentum is everything! We gave WR so much momentum is wasn't even funny. Thank God for our defense, because our offense was just pitiful. I know why Barnes was wanting to throw it. Because East Rowan threw it...but we're not East Rowan we are Crest. WG is great, but we are a run first team. Always have been, always will be.

Crest will be fine, Forestview will be a test too....very offensively vs very defensively...hmmmm lets see if our boys can stand the heat...

Concord is out, SP...can you handle East Rowan? They love to throw it....be ready.

I am not ready for East Rowan but I am hoping that Mickey will have the guys prepped. I haven't seen the stats yet but Concord passed for about 173 yds last night but that doesn't count the incomplete passes, a number of which a SP player got a hand on. If we can disrupt or pick off a few passes at critical points, then we have a chance. That 'bend, don't break" defense of ours will have to walk a fine line. We will do our best to get to the 4th round and face whichever team comes next (Crest nasty D or FV's Moe Neal and QB John Crawford - hmmm, which one do we want to see?).

This post was edited on 11/22 3:52 AM by sasha_nc

Originally posted by crest91:
I am a firm believer in momentum! Momentum is everything! We gave WR so much momentum is wasn't even funny. Thank God for our defense, because our offense was just pitiful. I know why Barnes was wanting to throw it. Because East Rowan threw it...but we're not East Rowan we are Crest. WG is great, but we are a run first team. Always have been, always will be.

Crest will be fine, Forestview will be a test too....very offensively vs very defensively...hmmmm lets see if our boys can stand the heat...

Concord is out, SP...can you handle East Rowan? They love to throw it....be ready.
Will you admit if somebody a month ago would have told you the Chargers would be playing Forestview in the 3rd round you would not be tickled to death.

Crest still has a horrible passing game. Stop the run and Crest is beat. I think Forestview has a shot, this may be close.

Can you imagine this FSTV team if Bishop Ford hadn't ended up at Hough! I think they would be undeafeated at this point but they do have a heck of a coach.

2 of the 4 teams left in the West are Big South teams, and the other used to play in the Big South. Crest.....well this should be interesting. Odds are you will hear more from SP posters in this thread then Jaguar supporters but what do you expect? We have to throw the ball to open the run and we have to get short fields cuz I don't see many big plays on the Crest D. You guys are good I hope we can step up to the challenge.

Originally posted by Showtime92:
I think this is a VERY bad matchup for Forestview. Crest will roll easy, just being honest.
You are right It will get ugly.

I think Crest offensive line should do fairly well against FV defensive line and I think Crest defense will have no problem containing this Neal kid. Although he's an elusive back, he will have a LONG night. AGAIN I say, this is a bad matchup for FV. It will get ugly fast if Crest offense handle business early.

Showtime92: I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, I just would like to hear what type of offense would be a good matchup against Crest?

My guess would be an offense where the receivers are all 7 feet tall and run 4.2 forties with a QB that throws laser strikes......and O-line with 5 linemen averaging 6.5 feet tall and weighing 350 lbs. each.........and a full rotation of at least 12 running backs in the 250 lbs. range.

That should do it.

Originally posted by No Dog in the Fight:
Showtime92: I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, I just would like to hear what type of offense would be a good matchup against Crest?
A team with a very good offensive line with a running QB who can throw and a good big running back.There is none of these in the 3A west.

An offense that's balanced... Havelock's offense fits the description. In order to have a chance against Crest defense you have to be able pass just as good as you can run. I think FV will go as far as Neal takes them and he will be be contained Friday night.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by crest91:

Will you admit if somebody a month ago would have told you the Chargers would be playing Forestview in the 3rd round you would not be tickled to death.
Crest fans when they heard the Forestview and South Point scores.
happy0014.r191677.gif

Get my drift?

Crest Fans as we watched the game last nite!
laugh.r191677.gif
We gotta figure out what works against the blitz!

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Crest Fans as we watched the game last nite!
laugh.r191677.gif
We gotta figure out what works against the blitz!
Yep!. I don't understand what's going on, myself. I'm sort of stupid though.

Also, I understand kids have to play, but that defense worked hard for that shut out. Speaking purely from a fans perspective, the way that ended was hard to watch.

Dang right the D deserved a goose egg!
We just don't look comfortable against the blitz but we better get comfortable real soon because that's all we are gonna see from here on out.
This post was edited on 11/22 11:04 AM by Crestuff

We can't continue to put most of our eggs on the Defense. They have carried us thus far. QB needs better protection and those WR,s need to catch the ball. This is the Playoffs, you don't play well and you go home. I think we play better on the road. Does anybody else feel that way? Way too much penetration from WEST Rowan last night. Its time for the offense to step up.

Offense looked like it was the first game of the season...unreal...While South Point improved after the first game, Crest's offense decided to get worse...

It was good to see Roseboro taking some snaps though.

Gotta Catch, Gotta Block, and Gotta use middle of the field. I still think we are talented enuff to pull these things together rather quickly. I expect Barnes to have these boys together Friday nite. FOOTBALL AFTER THANKSGIVING IS THE BEST!

I believe our best football is yet to be played. With competition comes focus. The more intense the situation... I have faith the boys will rally and get it done.

Faith is a great thing to have. How strong will it be in a close game against an unintimidated team? Just asking because I know at least 2 that are still playing.

Same as it was down 13 late in the 3rd. against Shelby. Never gave up. Dug deep .Got it done... I'm assuming your saying. If we meet ? It will be close?

I feel so schizophrenic about this game - both of these teams beat us this season. Without overlooking East Rowan, I would love it if we had the opportunity to pay both of them back for those losses. Unfortunately, we can only have one of them. Potentially the West finals could contain two teams from the same conference, guaranteeing that the Big South represents in the Big Game. Or it could have two former conference rivals who love to battle it out, on and off the field.

As far as the game goes, Crest seems to have the advantage as far as talent and size and should be the winner. They have all the pieces but just need to tweak some things and keep the machine oiled. Forestview has its own unique strengths but are they enough to stymie the Chargers in their quest for that elusive State Championship? While logic says no, the truth is the expected winner is not always the final winner and upsets do occur.

IF South Point beats East Rowan, I want our boys to face Crest and be the ones who try to trip them up. Sorry, Forestview, the Red Raider love/hate relationship with the Crusty Nags runs deeper than our tolerance for your Jaguars. However, should SP fail to make the West finals, it would be great if Forestview repped the Big South at State (also, they may match up better against ER's passing game).

Originally posted by seadog28:
Faith is a great thing to have. How strong will it be in a close game against an unintimidated team? Just asking because I know at least 2 that are still playing.
Seadog, you seem to be confused. Both the teams you reference have personally seen the Chargers this season and have been thumped by the them this year. FV in a scrimmage and, well....you remember August 22nd, right? Chargers were smacking your raiders 35-0 when Coach Barnes called off the horses and put our backups in early 3rd quarter. 2 pity scores later the final was 35-13. INTIMIDATION is GUARANTEED when either walk onto the field at Sid Bryson.

This never say die attitude you display will come in very handy after South Point is absorbed by Stuart Cramer.

Originally posted by crestrulz:
Originally posted by sasha_nc:
(also, they may match up better against ER's passing game).
Than who? That is a joke, no?
Note that I said "may". I think of Crest as primarily a run first team, not as a passing team while I see FV as more of a balanced team (rushing and passing). As such, I would think that their D is used to looking for the pass while it sometimes struggles against the rush. Not saying that Crest can't defend against the pass, but your strength is defending the rush or rushing the QB to prevent the pass. You really are grasping at straws to make something out of nothing, rulz.

FV is not balanced, they seem to be a run first oriented team.... It will get ugly for the jaguars. I also think that Harbison will have his way running the ball. I don't see Crest offensive line having any trouble opening up lanes against the Jags.

One game at a time.

Crest can pull off a miracle and win the next two. If that happens we are the Big South champs too right??? Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT