ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills vs Shelby

Monroe is no push over. They handled a 4A Marvin Ridge team 28-6. The same Marvin Ridge team that if not for a wide right FG would have taken top ten ranked 4A Weddington to overtime last Friday night.
They lost, though. I can play the “if card” vs some of our opponents, too. But, at the end of the day, they are Ls. KM, Burns, ACR, and Crest aren’t pushovers, either.

LA,
Shelby comes in and shocks everyone tomorrow night.
U will see a Rejuvenated Shelby offense.
Everyone back from sickness, and yes before it's asked again 2 of our best are done for year.!
They kids know what's expected, and don't want to exit 1st round.
Shelby 34 --FH 21

The teams they did play that were good., just as Shelby did, they lost.

Monroe could have beat Porter Ridge though. I think they gave that away. Porter Ridge also gave 4A contenders a scare. Monroe may start slow(like Forest Hills), but I think if they play to their potential, they beat the whole field, east and west. IF they play to their potential.

To be fair, the whole 2A division sucks with sloppy games every week. I dont see any dominance from anyone on either side. That kind of makes it wide open, even for your lions, but they're playing with the basic gun and mini sword so it has to be patience and a perfect game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
LA,
Shelby comes in and shocks everyone tomorrow night.
U will see a Rejuvenated Shelby offense.
Everyone back from sickness, and yes before it's asked again 2 of our best are done for year.!
They kids know what's expected, and don't want to exit 1st round.
Shelby 34 --FH 21
I'm glad we did the right thing and set an example that certain things will not be tolerated. Win or lose program integrity is much more important. Now the rest of you Lions go out show them that you can get it done without them.

I'm glad we did the right thing and set an example that certain things will not be tolerated. Win or lose program integrity is much more important. Now the rest of you Lions go out show them that you can get it done without them.
Rivalry aside, and strictly focusing on the program and what you are teaching the kids. I agree with you. I am glad to see the school and team put winning aside and show there are more important things than winning football games. Hopefully, for the kids involved, it was a lesson learned and they can turn things around. I'd love to see them on the field next year with a brand new outlook on life.

Rivalry aside, and strictly focusing on the program and what you are teaching the kids. I agree with you. I am glad to see the school and team put winning aside and show there are more important things than winning football games. Hopefully, for the kids involved, it was a lesson learned and they can turn things around. I'd love to see them on the field next year with a brand new outlook on life.
Agreed. some things are bigger than football, this can be a tool to lean from and make a good life lesson.

Its like every 3 seasons or so ya'll kick off a key player. I know it's frustrating when kids are hard headed. But ya'll seem to always have 1 every 3 or 4 seasons that likes to take the hard road instead of the easy one. Nobody else has that problem. Weird. Not saying it has anything to do with the team or anything, maybe it's the city(not county) drinking water for all I know, but not even Burns, Crest, or KM seems to have that problem, at least not from a starter/key player.

Rev...... where in the world have you been? I believe you have forgotten your roots my friend. Just remember, you're a North Carolina boy, not a South Carolina boy.
Im shocked I even remembered my login! lol. I still Bleed blue like you and keep up weekly, just have some Gaffney Gold in me now. they pay the bills!

Its like every 3 seasons or so ya'll kick off a key player. I know it's frustrating when kids are hard headed. But ya'll seem to always have 1 every 3 or 4 seasons that likes to take the hard road instead of the easy one. Nobody else has that problem. Weird. Not saying it has anything to do with the team or anything, maybe it's the city(not county) drinking water for all I know, but not even Burns, Crest, or KM seems to have that problem, at least not from a starter/key player.

Na....not that often. But just the comment I would expect from the hater of all Shelby haters.

These are the question that have to be asked...

1. Are consequential activities like this by students happening only at Shelby High? Of course not!

2. Is Shelby High one of the only schools that actually enforces the appropriate discipline? Yes.

The epitome of all North Carolina High School football programs...The Shelby High Golden Lions.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Na....not that often. But just the comment I would expect from the hater of all Shelby haters.

1. Are consequential activities like this by students happening only at Shelby High? Of course not!

2. Is Shelby High one of the only schools that actually enforces the appropriate discipline? Yes.

The epitome of all North Carolina High School football programs...The Shelby High Golden Lions.
75Ub.gif

I can promise you Coach Devine would not put up with any violation of team rules and would put any player off the team no matter who it is or what consequences it would have for the team.

1. No

2. Probably not but some of our players will have to be dumb enough commit crimes on camera and then we'd know for sure.

You have to come to grips that Shelby is a top notch program, a bad mfer, too, year in and year out, Some of you Reidsville cats are still stuck in lil 2A, and used to it being all about y’all. Those days are over. There are some other great programs to contend with. Gotta learn to share that spotlight now.

You have Facts 24 practicing 48 laws of Power type “ish”. He fake praises Shelby, and down talks our opponents in advance, so if Shelby’s does win over said tough opponent, it’s nothing, not a big deal. The team was overrated anyway. He does not know a traditional Monroe team, for example. They typically have athletes everywhere, and capable of beating anyone in 2A. He will soon find out, though, whether it’s this season or beyond. Be grateful for that cakewalk you have this year in that weak bracket you’re in.
You Shelby people are already fake praising Reidsville over their opponents for 4 rounds lol and y’all talk about me saying Shelby will dominate 1 opponent. Y’all will see tonight that I was right all along. Il eat my crow if I’m wrong . So if Reidsville wins it all your going to say it’s because it’s a weak bracket but also said we can’t win in anything but the small 2a. So which is it? Your going back on everything your saying in the same post haha

Reactions: Ooooner
Reidsville is in same bracket as Shelby ( the west) so if one or the other wins it all no one can say it’s a pushover. Everyone wanted unified brackets and we got it. There is no more what ifs and that’s what make high school football the best there is now.

Reactions: Ooooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT