ADVERTISEMENT

Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread 2021

Forbush 45, North Surry 26

Score doesn't show how close the game was but very proud of our kids for fighting. We are low in #'s, young, and beat up but they never gave up all night or pouted. Defense is a hot mess and got tired late (the kids need that weight room this offseason and will get it,) but our offense grew a ton in just 2 games. Really like the new kid at QB; he plays his heart out. If all our kids were 100% and playing this woulda been a fun Thursday night slugfest. As it was they couldn't stop our offense and we couldn't stop the athlete they got at QB; it woulda been a double 40 point spread. We will have some fun games the next few years on varsity with them. The JV game in East Bend next year will be fun too.

Looking forward to the next few weeks with these kids. West will be really good next week and it is what it is, but if we make it out of Miller's Creek not badly banged up the last three games will be really fun. These kids got a lot of potential and I'm not saying that to be positive. I love the fight in these boys.

Wilkes Central 22, East Surry 18 (Best score I could tell.)

WC won the first half but let East come back and make a game of it in the 2nd but Central picked off a East pass in the end zone late to end it.

The varsity game has been delayed due to Covid; didn't say which squad had it.

• Sad
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Who knows! Heard some east people saying theyve asked a couple times and north will not answer.. it's a weird year and who knows what factors into all the decisions.

Reactions: POWERATTACK
I guess I don’t fully understand. Good yesterday, not good today, but good again Monday.

Same here. But East and WC did that too but they made the decision yesterday. It musta turned bad on them.

Real million dollar ? is if we even play Monday or not.

North Surry 20, North Forsyth 8

Wasn't sure what to expect due to NF beating Walkertown in OT last week I expected a close matchup but honestly it wasn't. It was a game nowhere as close as the score indicates.

We had a heck of a good start to open the game as we came out and scored and never let the lead go. Defense played it's best game of the year as their starting O couldn't maintain consistency. We stopped them quite a bit and they managed to shoot theirselves in the foot when they did move it. #4 for them is a hell of a back and an all state runner according to their coaches (no idea why he isn't playing on Fridays,) and he scored their one TD with 6 seconds left on a keeper to prevent us from the shutout which sucked. I hated it for the kids so bad.. they deserved it.

We still got kinks to work out but if we do the next two weeks will be really fun. I've enjoyed seeing these kids grow from the scrimmage on; I just hate they've been cheated of playing time but that's life. They will play as hard as they can to end the year.

Last edited:
Wilkes Central 28, North Wilkes 26

This was from Monday they played a double header. No score from tonight's game vs West Wilkes yet

Reactions: sbbbfan
Surry Central 32, North Surry 24

Solid step backwards from last week.. Central had some big plays but struggled to consistently move it. We shot ourselves in the foot on offense early which didn't help. It took the kids too long to wake up but when they did they got going. We missed a scoring chance in the third which really hurt.

We were down 24 points in the 4th at one point before we woke up. We drove for 8 and scored. Then against all odds we got an onside and scored again. We managed a stop before getting the ball back we had no time.

Hope this game passes them off for all of the offseason. This is one that shouldn't have slipped but dang I really love their fight. I've seen several teams quit down that much before. They have improved so much since game 1.

Up next is North Wilkes.. hope we come in more focused next week.

Surry Central 32, North Surry 24

Solid step backwards from last week.. Central had some big plays but struggled to consistently move it. We shot ourselves in the foot on offense early which didn't help. It took the kids too long to wake up but when they did they got going. We missed a scoring chance in the third which really hurt.

We were down 24 points in the 4th at one point before we woke up. We drove for 8 and scored. Then against all odds we got an onside and scored again. We managed a stop before getting the ball back we had no time.

Hope this game passes them off for all of the offseason. This is one that shouldn't have slipped but dang I really love their fight. I've seen several teams quit down that much before. They have improved so much since game 1.

Up next is North Wilkes.. hope we come in more focused next week.
I thought that North was scheduled to make up a game with ES. Maybe ES doesn't want to make it up. Anyone know about this make up game?

West wilkes 24. East Surry 14. That wraps up an undefeated season for the west wilkes JV
So hearing that score, has the tide shifted and WW will be the team to beat for the next two years in the Conference. Sounds like they are the total package. Can't wait to see them develop. Do they have any weaknesses?

So hearing that score, has the tide shifted and WW will be the team to beat for the next two years in the Conference. Sounds like they are the total package. Can't wait to see them develop. Do they have any weaknesses?
Here is the deal at west, they kept a solid group down together, will it pay off when it counts on fridays, that’s yet to be seen. The thoughts up their is keep their talent together, I’m sure quite a few of those guys would have definitely helped their varsity this year. We have all seen jv titles don’t always translate to the varsity level. Most everywhere else in the conference, if a sophomore or freshman can help they are playing on fridays. Hopefully it pays off for them as they deserve some success.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
West Wilkes JV are talented. Not sure how it’ll play out over the next few years, but they had a big strong line and some good skill guys. ES didn’t do themselves any favors by giving up 3 turnovers in the first half (definitely rusty due to no games in over 3 weeks), but WW still deserves all the credit for the win.

As for the ES/NS JV game, East was definitely still wanting to play on Monday. Not sure where slasher is getting his info that East didn’t want to play but that’s wrong.

As for the ES/NS JV game, East was definitely still wanting to play on Monday. Not sure where slasher is getting his info that East didn’t want to play but that’s wrong.
Maybe Slasher is out of the loop with North Surry Football. So you are saying North Surry passed on a chance to win a game against East Surry. Or were they scare of losing to a ES team that has a .500 record. Slasher clear this up.

I know I can find Slasher on the 1A boards. That is where all the North Surry post are located.

Here is the deal at west, they kept a solid group down together, will it pay off when it counts on fridays, that’s yet to be seen. The thoughts up their is keep their talent together, I’m sure quite a few of those guys would have definitely helped their varsity this year. We have all seen jv titles don’t always translate to the varsity level. Most everywhere else in the conference, if a sophomore or freshman can help they are playing on fridays. Hopefully it pays off for them as they deserve some success.

West was real smart in how they handled their year to be honest. They could have moved their main cogs up but it wouldn't have helped that much due to having to play a ton of senior laden teams; they'd get smashed up. A year down will help but they will have to carry the load a lot earlier and that's not easy. It can be done though; time will tell. Elkin's a great way to gage it for instance:

-You have Strickland's group in 2011 who had to play as freshman and they got destroyed week in and out. I felt bad for him he was a rag doll that year. They managed to win the MVAC 1A title their senior year so it worked but they wasted a lot of potential not waiting a year but their #'s is always different than West's. They really had no choice but play them up that season.

-Then you have their last senior group who really probably could have played varsity ball in 2017 even and Wood left them down and it paid off in the long run.

That 2013 team at North Wilkes was handled the same way in 2011. Different types of teams though they aren't comparable. Those freshman for WW will probably play a lot vs South Davidson it will give them good practice. I'm like you though just wait and see. That wing they run will be interesting vs all these modern offences when it hits 2023 and 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT