ADVERTISEMENT

Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread 2021

Tonight's games:

MA at Ashe County
S Stokes at East Surry
W Central at East Wilkes
Thomasville at Forbush
N Moore vs Bishop?

North Wilkes and Walkertown are off. Starmount, North Forsyth, and Carver I have no idea if they have a game.

Much better lineup this week. Thomasville and Forbush will be a fun game as will Central and East. MA and Ashe will show a lot. Bishop's max preps had a game tonight vs North Moore but I couldn't find anything else so who knows.

I'll have my picks for the week up sometime soon.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
East Surry 38, South Stokes 12

Much better performance for South than I figured.. those kids play hard.

MA 44, NS 14

So glad to finally watch a ballgame live for a while; it's been a rough two weeks. I feel really bad for these kids though they've had to wait for so long. Weather and sickness has really put them behind the 8 ball.. we didn't find out WC wasn't able to play until very late and we added MA. Sucks we don't have 2-3 games in by now as that would help them but it is what it is.

We didn't play as bad as the score indicated but MA played well so good for them. They run that option well and have been overlooked. Everyone called them terrible in the summer but that was all folly. The 10th graders are pretty good. Them vs Starmount will be a fun ball game for the NW Title.

I really digged our effort though as we played our butts off despite everything. The new QB is a kid that hasn't played QB or football at all in 5 years and he came out and threw both TD's and took MA's best hits and got back up. The one we should have is out with a broke arm, so you make the most with the crap you have handed to you. I really like the new kid and with time he will be a gamer for us. The other kid will probably be on Fridays if he makes it back. Anyways the lineplay has got to improve and defense needs to get settled but the potential is there. In terms of lopsided losses vs MA this is one of our best played ones so I'll take that I guess.

The fact we have a JV again after the awful spring is a win in it's own, but we got to make something with it. We gotta stay healthy the next three weeks as our depth isn't great but if we can take the lumps and fight properly back. we will be okay by mid October. Just glad to be able to scout and watch something on Thursdays again.

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
Elkin 51, North Stokes 0

Surprisingly North Stokes has just enough and I meant JUST enough kids to field a JV. It was a rather quick affair as Elkin was up 30-0 after the first quarter and cruised the rest of the way.

Looks like N Stokes's season will depend on the health of their kids; they had one down in the third but he managed to get up and they finished.

Another good night of JV Football tonight. A big matchup in the Foothills 2A JV ranks 3-0 West Wilkes Vs 4-0 Forbush outta be a good game id say from what I have heard this year.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Another good night of JV Football tonight. A big matchup in the Foothills 2A JV ranks 3-0 West Wilkes Vs 4-0 Forbush outta be a good game id say from what I have heard this year.

Good call! West has a good shot here.. i'd rate it a 50/50 chance game for both. West is the best anyone's came in a little bit to matching them. They have a few more kids than Forbush does (I counted only 16 for Bush when they played Trinity compared to the mid 20's for West when they played Elkin,) and West has a little more size. No one in the natural area has beaten the 'Bush since when we did in 2017 for the JV title so it will be a big win for West if it happens. They are ripe for the pickens but West needs to play better than last week it was way too close with SC.

These are the two best JV teams in the Foothills unless East wakes up they didn't look that great last week.

Reactions: radioguy16
Good call! West has a good shot here.. i'd rate it a 50/50 chance game for both. West is the best anyone's came in a little bit to matching them. They have a few more kids than Forbush does (I counted only 16 for Bush when they played Trinity compared to the mid 20's for West when they played Elkin,) and West has a little more size. No one in the natural area has beaten the 'Bush since when we did in 2017 for the JV title so it will be a big win for West if it happens. They are ripe for the pickens but West needs to play better than last week it was way too close with SC.

These are the two best JV teams in the Foothills unless East wakes up they didn't look that great last week.
I agree. WW was sloppy last week with SC but they hadn’t played in 2 weeks so I kinda understood it. Forbush has been a consistent JV program for awhile and are well coached. Id say it will be exciting in Millers Creek tonight for sure.

I agree. WW was sloppy last week with SC but they hadn’t played in 2 weeks so I kinda understood it. Forbush has been a consistent JV program for awhile and are well coached. Id say it will be exciting in Millers Creek tonight for sure.

It will show if the Bush's time is coming to an end or not. A lot of programs have their own runs and then someone else comes on to replace them. Joys of high school ball.

Too bad West doesn't do NFHS.

Tonight's Games:

MA at South Stokes*
Forbush at West Wilkes*
North Stokes at Starmount*
Ashe County at North Wilkes
West Stokes at Walkertown*
North Forsyth at Reidsville*
Providince Grove at Bishop

Finally a full slate of JV ball!

Game of the week will be in Miller's Creek as two undefeated play each other as West Wilkes hosts Forbush. Forbush has been jamming despite low depth but West has their best JV squad in quite a few years. Wouldn't be surprised if this is for Foothills JV title. Forbush has more experience but West matches them well in the trenches. However they got to play less sloppy to stand a shot.

MA travels to Walnut Cove for JV ball while North Stokes heads to Starmount. North Wilkes is out of conference to play Ashe tonight after a very solid performance vs East Surry last week. East Surry meanwhile has been put in the protocol again so no game in Pilot vs NS tonight. WC is still in it last I heard so no game vs SC either.

In Mid State we get more games too. West Stokes heads to Walkertown to play the pack who have been jamming including a nice shutout over a good Starmount team. North Forsyth play their first game in a couple of weeks tonight vs Reidsville. Bishop is at home meanwhile vs Providence Grove.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Just glad to see you posting. You are missed, numerous people asking.
I just can't keep up anymore. My brain doesn't work as fast as it used to. Others have picked up and enjoying posting their scores. I am enjoying listing to a whole Mount Airy game on WSYD or WPAQ radio without having a 1/2 dozen URLs up with my brain trying to scan them all for scores. In a way I miss and in a way, I don't. LOL

I just can't keep up anymore. My brain doesn't work as fast as it used to. Others have picked up and enjoying posting their scores. I am enjoying listing to a whole Mount Airy game on WSYD or WPAQ radio without having a 1/2 dozen URLs up with my brain trying to scan them all for scores. In a way I miss and in a way, I don't. LOL
Enjoy the games. Hard to keep up with all those scores. Maybe downsize a little

I am a little confused, Parkland is in conference with West Forsyth, why didn’t they play West. West instead picked up a game with Dudley.
From what I heard Parkland stated at the beginning of the season they would not field a JV team. Then about 2-3 weeks ago they decided they had enough players. By that point, some schools had already found other opponents.

From what I heard Parkland stated at the beginning of the season they would not field a JV team. Then about 2-3 weeks ago they decided they had enough players. By that point, some schools had already found other opponents.

Sounds about right they looked like a Mash unit last night in terms of the random kids they had out there. NFHS had it on.

Guess Reidsville couldn't play and NF took the chance. The odd part was they wore away uniforms while Parkland wore their reds.. weird.

WOW. I figured it would be close but dang.. looks like the Bush wasn't ready for what hit them.

Is this West team freshman heavy or 10th graders? They got some massive dudes on the line.
Freshman. They have another gear that I didn’t realize West Kids have. They are super strong upfront. Absolutely mauled the FB line on both sides. With growth in the weight room its untelling how far this Freshman group could turn the program around.

This Week's Slate:

Starmount at MA
Wilkes Central at East Surry
Forbush at North Surry
Elkin at Surry Central
East Wilkes at South Stokes
Morehead at West Stokes
West Wilkes at North Wilkes
Al Central at Ashe County
HP Andrews at N Forsyth

Finally a full lineup for once with not many Covid deals. Good options all over the area tonight. Have a good evening!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT