ADVERTISEMENT

Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread 2021

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Well it's back boys and girls.. with much more awful conference names! The annual JV thread is back.. not many games tonight both due to leftover rain and bad field conditions plus some schools are in the danger zone of #'s and no JV squads. Very hard to fully tell who is playing or not so I made the best guess I could. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Tonight's Slate (If they ain't cancelled:)

Starmount 36 at East Surry 34 2 OT
Elkin 15 at North Wilkes 6
East Wilkes 8 at West Wilkes 16
Wilkes Central 22 at Ashe County 18
N Forsyth 0 at Forbush 25

S Stokes at W Stokes Delayed to 10/7.
MA at NS Delayed due to field issues. TBA makeup date

Surry Central is off

Last edited:
Been looking all week for your analysis of the teams. Sure have missed your thoughts.

Ashe is up 18-14 in the 4th over WC.. I think it's live hard to figure NFHS sometimes lol

East Surry is up 14-8 at the half.

WC wins in a thriller over Ashe 22-18.. Ashe almost had the comeback in the bag. They got a huge pass completed for 50+ yards into the 15 and scored the winning TD only for a holding flag. Ashe dominated the game only to fall apart late. Hard to tell who was the better team just a fun JV game.

Starmount with a huge scoop and score to take the lead but they don't convert so it's 22-16 Rams with 3:53 left.

East just scored on a long run to tie it back up with 3:16 left. Conversion failed so 22-22 tie.

Still 22-22 with 1:31 left.

No report yet from Elkin-NW, West Wilkes vs East Wilkes, or Forbush vs North Forsyth.

Game has gone to overtime.. East has their big plays but Starmount's D comes back and thuds them back. Been a fun watch. Starmount shoulda tried a kick there but oh well.

Double OT now 28-28. Starmount has had so many chances to win here.. IDK what they are thinking with some things. East has had some good timing.

Starmount wins in an absolute thriller 36-34.. East scored wide open up the middle and almost had another 2 but Starmount got a break off a botched snap for the W.

Really like this Starmount team; they are super tough on the line and on defense. Need to work on their playcalling but they will get there.

Forbush 25-0 over North Forsyth. NF must have low #'s.

Not much info more than that.. hard to tell anything.

Tonight's Slate:

MA 12, Carroll Co 8
West Wilkes 30, Elkin 8
Surry Central 20, East Wilkes 14

Forbush 22, Trinity 6
Wilkes Central at Newton Conover
Lexington at Walkertown?
North Forsyth at Mt Tabor

Delayed/Cancelled

East Surry at MA (Makeup TBD)
West Stokes at North Surry (Makeup TBD)
Ashe Co at North Wilkes (Delayed until 9-23)

Last edited:
Reactions: realjoejr
West Wilkes 16, Elkin 0 in the 2nd 4 min to Half. Late start due to lightning.

West is long driving Elkin to death.. Elkin's not had the ball much. West runs the Wing much like how we did when I played JV ball at North; amazing I still remember those plays.. 🤣

Reactions: WWFB
16-8 West near the end of the game very fun matchup here. Elkin has played much better this quarter.

Week 3:

Surry Central at MA
Forbush at Starmount
McMichael at South Stokes?

Cancelled:

West Stokes at Elkin (Field Conditions)

Very Small slate this week.. bummer.

Good news out of Carver; they are fielding a JV Team for the first time in 2 years! A lot of growth for that program. They played Bishop in Kernersville tonight; they didn't provide a score though.

They even wore the black and yellow uni's they had from Palmer's era. LOVE those uniforms. Funny story about those uni's: I'll never forget playing NCAA Football 2013 on my PS3 in the day and someone made a custom create a college with their logo and uniforms.. it was insanely accurate. They were 99 rated too; they beat Alabama 60-0 lol. I made it to the title game in my 3rd year with Notre Dame and lost 48-14.

According to West Stokes, South didn’t have enough players the first game and then rain canceled last week’s JV game with Bishop

Bishop beat Carver in an absolute ugly game 8-0.

Bishop is running the Wing T now; I guess Carver is in the pistol. Hard to tell from the NFHS feed but they ran the same play over and over.. it was rough. Carver's got a good little JV defense with some good sized linemen for being young but that offense sure needs work.

I did see some weird stuff and I need some clarification from you Sportnut..

Neither team kicked at any point during this game.. yeah. No kickoffs, punts, or PAT's. I've never seen that before and it left me dumbfounded. Is that even legal? The refs just set the ball at random spots. First ball spot was 25 for Bishop; then Carver was spotted deep in their redzone. They changed the ball spots at various points. They also didn't shake hands either and it was awkward.

Talk about a game I won't ever forget.. so weird! 🤣

Bishop beat Carver in an absolute ugly game 8-0.

Bishop is running the Wing T now; I guess Carver is in the pistol. Hard to tell from the NFHS feed but they ran the same play over and over.. it was rough. Carver's got a good little JV defense with some good sized linemen for being young but that offense sure needs work.

I did see some weird stuff and I need some clarification from you Sportnut..

Neither team kicked at any point during this game.. yeah. No kickoffs, punts, or PAT's. I've never seen that before and it left me dumbfounded. Is that even legal? The refs just set the ball at random spots. First ball spot was 25 for Bishop; then Carver was spotted deep in their redzone. They changed the ball spots at various points. They also didn't shake hands either and it was awkward.

Talk about a game I won't ever forget.. so weird! 🤣
I was not there, I can confirm there was no kicks. Not sure if covered in rule book. I was told lack of practice and low numbers, it was mutually agreed upon. As everyone knows, the kicks are, especially kickoffs are very violent plays. I would have certainly allowed it had I been officiating.

I was not there, I can confirm there was no kicks. Not sure if covered in rule book. I was told lack of practice and low numbers, it was mutually agreed upon. As everyone knows, the kicks are, especially kickoffs are very violent plays. I would have certainly allowed it had I been officiating.
PS- I was 0-3 this week on games, MS, JV and Varsity all won by Covid. Another reason to add why coaches don’t want to see me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT