ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Christ School 27@ Murphy 7

They also allow kids to play an extra year of football...so you could be playing against a lot of 5th year seniors

I think you forgot about the transfer from Virginia that reclassified and the transfer from Tennessee that reclassified.

They are a private school who recruits the top skill set players from each school in WNC and practically the state. They are the #1 ranked private school in NC according to Simmons. They have college level talent and about 4 to 5 players going to D1 colleges to play football. If you haven’t heard of them by now, google them. They have been one of the top dogs in WNC for the past 5 years now.
Open enrollment? That's high school college. Exactly why those schools shouldn't play against schools restricted to borders. I hate that.

Reactions: heelzfor2
Open enrollment? That's high school college. Exactly why those schools shouldn't play against schools restricted to borders. I hate that.

Not just open enrollment, it is a boarding school in Asheville. They have been a big time hoops power for years—the Plumlee brothers are alums—and football has started to catch up to hoops the last 5 years or so.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Murphy playing Christ School is like Appalachian playing Alabama. While Appalachian has been really really good in their own regard recently, they would be no match for Bama. If they kept it to 21 points it would be impressive. So put it into perspective and stop being a loser. You make yourself loom stupid on the reg.
For the love of god please do not compare Christ school to Alabama ever again other than that I have no comments on this.

Murphy went toe to toe with Christ School last night. It was 14-7 with 7 minutes left in the fourth and was definitely a winnable game for the Dogs. Murphy's defense is legit for the amount of youth playing. QB is getting better every week.

Murphy playing Christ School is like Appalachian playing Alabama. While Appalachian has been really really good in their own regard recently, they would be no match for Bama. If they kept it to 21 points it would be impressive. So put it into perspective and stop being a loser. You make yourself loom stupid on the reg.
MHS dropped three interceptions and dropped 2 TD passes (wide open). Game was so much closer than the score. MHS played super conservative on offense. Shuler did not look as good as Murphy’s Qb throwing the ball.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Murphy went toe to toe with Christ School last night. It was 14-7 with 7 minutes left in the fourth and was definitely a winnable game for the Dogs. Murphy's defense is legit for the amount of youth playing. QB is getting better every week.
MHS dropped three interceptions and dropped 2 TD passes (wide open). Game was so much closer than the score. MHS played super conservative on offense. Shuler did not look as good as Murphy’s Qb throwing the ball.

Did you really just say that Murphy's QB looked better than Navy Shuler did at QB?...

You call him a sophomore but with all the reclassification he probably would be a senior in public school. A question for the Murphy fans . How many kids did CS dress ? Did they platoon?

Some played both ways I noticed on occasion. I didn’t count, but would say 40-45 dressed. Big kids.

Final! Christ School 27 Murphy 7. They played their hearts out but tough to play against all their talent... they said on radio broadcast that 5 have committed to D-1 schools. Murphy played them to a 14-7 game all the way into the 4th quarter and defense got tired. Proud of the Dogs against the best team in WNC according to Citizens Time. Next up, Life Christian Academy ..
Man listen stop all the complaining.... If y'all would've won you'll be world beaters. But you didn't take it and keep moving. Everyone knows once you spread Murphy out. Make em play athletes in space it's a wrap. Christ School Porsche speed - Murphy Kia speed.
Moral of the story speed kills buy a Porsche..:p:p:p:p

Reactions: Fargo2017
Man listen stop all the complaining.... If y'all would've won you'll be world beaters. But you didn't take it and keep moving. Everyone knows once you spread Murphy out. Make em play athletes in space it's a wrap. Christ School Porsche speed - Murphy Kia speed.

I know your a troll but honestly speed didnt beat us . 3 receivers that were a foot taller than our dbs did. Not many ways to matchup when you run a 8 yard hitch throw the ball high and let him jump and get it

We were proabably faster than they were as evident by Murray breaking the long td in the 1st and no one catching him.

Murphy will be fine they wont see another team that good the rest of the year .

Had some potential scoring drives stall out due to penalties. I would have liked to seen Murphy go for it on 4th and 2 from Christ 38, already being up 7-0 early in the game. I thought Murphy played well for the most part. The opportunities were definitely there to pick up a win. Just could not get anything going on a very good defense in 2nd half.

I know your a troll but honestly speed didnt beat us . 3 receivers that were a foot taller than our dbs did. Not many ways to matchup when you run a 8 yard hitch throw the ball high and let him jump and get it

We were proabably faster than they were as evident by Murray breaking the long td in the 1st and no one catching him.

Murphy will be fine they wont see another team that good the rest of the year .
A foot taller??? So if Murphy's DB's are let's say 5'8 - 510... Christ School has 3 guys 6'8 - 6'10?? Come on smalls your killing me. You just got beat out athleted it happens. Look on the bright side, win or lost. Your still better than Robbinsville.

A foot taller??? So if Murphy's DB's are let's say 5'8 - 510... Christ School has 3 guys 6'8 - 6'10?? Come on smalls your killing me. You just got beat out athleted it happens. Look on the bright side, win or lost. Your still better than Robbinsville.

Your right but when you take arm reach into account you can see where I am coming from. According to there roster on maxpreps there receivers are listed at 6'3 (#4), 6'4 (#5), 6'5 (#9) , and 6'7 (#88)

But you said speed and we needed a Porsche honestly their speed wasn't a factor

Yes the TE was 6'7" and was shulers favorite target, they split him out most of the night. Number 4 was 6'3" and looked like a player my kids had created on Madden. Their speed didnt kill us but I'm bout positive that #4 was an 18 or 19 year old jr being guarded by our #25 which is a TRUE sophomore and 25 did a great job on him all night. I was very proud of our players, especially on D and playing both ways all night. In my opinion it is going to be very hard for any of our future opponents this year to score much at all on that D.

You are still jealous aren’t you ! Get over it Rich. Mountain Island Charter 0 & 3 vs SMC teams in playoffs. That speed and athleticism hasn’t worked for you has it. Swain shut you down last year 13 to 6 lmbo. Robbinsville kicked your butt the year before and Murphy beat you the year before that. Of course your team and Christ School have a lot in common. Recruiting !!!!!!

Your right but when you take arm reach into account you can see where I am coming from. According to there roster on maxpreps there receivers are listed at 6'3 (#4), 6'4 (#5), 6'5 (#9) , and 6'7 (#88)

But you said speed and we needed a Porsche honestly their speed wasn't a factor
Ohh my bad made I should've said a trampoline. Or do some calf raises boost that vertical jump.

You are still jealous aren’t you ! Get over it Rich. Mountain Island Charter 0 & 3 vs SMC teams in playoffs. That speed and athleticism hasn’t worked for you has it. Swain shut you down last year 13 to 6 lmbo. Robbinsville kicked your butt the year before and Murphy beat you the year before that. Of course your team and Christ School have a lot in common. Recruiting !!!!!!
Don't forget about that smackdown we gave your Wildcats. Remember mountain ballers MICS is always on your mind. Only team that I can say beat us was Robbinsville. Murphy and the refs hosed us. Just like Swain did there field last year.

Don't forget about that smackdown we gave your Wildcats. Remember mountain ballers MICS is always on your mind. Only team that I can say beat us was Robbinsville. Murphy and the refs hosed us. Just like Swain did there field last year.
Yes you did beat down my Wildcats. I hope you enjoy thumping your chest about that win LOL BUT !!! If you think MIC can beat any of the Big 3 Of the SMC this year your dreaming. Robbinsville has the most explosive offense you will ever see. You remember the smack down they gave you two years ago. Murphy & Swain has the top Defenses with a grind it out offenses that will take the heart out of those twinkle toes city boys. Trust me. You don’t want to meet up with any of these teams or Mitchell County. Glad your back Rich

MICS vs SMC
Tonka toy vs CAT

Go back to loony town rich

Wow I don't think I have ever seen anyone boast about beating Andrews. My parents are Andrews alum but come on everyone knows they aren't a top tier SMC team. You can clamor about refs, injuries, the dogs having kittens, or HRC being the real president but at the end of the day MIC is still 0-3 vs the SMC big 3, and that goose egg isn't changing any time soon lulz.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT