ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites to win 2AA title ?

By population, North Davidson IS a 4A school. Doesn't matter, they won't be in the finals, anyway.
3A actually, not that it makes anybody feel any better. North Davidson was one of the smallest 4A schools for several years and would have dropped to 3A this year under the new 20-30-30-20 alignment, even without the new high school in the county.

Dalatec, nevermind...just saw your pick in another part for HH vs ED.

I will not bloviate like some posters/teams, will just say your guess is as good as mine. You know what they say about opinions.....

Dalatec, nevermind...just saw your pick in another part for HH vs ED.

I will not bloviate like some posters/teams, will just say your guess is as good as mine. You know what they say about opinions.....
You are right. It's anybody's guess at this point. Lots of good football to watch, and pull for our kids.

Reactions: beamer24
North Davidson has the same players they had when they had 1609 students last year. Nobody left the team. This is not really an enviable position for the coaching staff.

You have not played anybody but Newton Conover and should have lost that game.
No, Hibriten put up a stinker of a game and still found a way to win. Patton was supposed to be a good team, beat them 35 to 0, Fred T. Foard was supposed to be a good team, beat them 50 to 6, West Iredell was supposed to be a good team, beat them 48 to 0.

I know ND lost their quarterback from last year. Does this years have a arm like Butts? Kicker is a weapon also.

That's what I expect to hear as soon as someone get beat by ND. They have 1300 students it's not fair:rolleyes:

Nope, at least not from the Mighty Red Raiders. Should we be fortunate enough to meet ND, it is on like donkey kong and I dont care if they have 20,000 students. They beat us and I lock heels and salute. They play where they are told to play, not their fault!

No way this goes the same as last year. Different group of players, they are solid! Check the scores of last year's games versus this years games, it tells the tale!!!
I think Hibriten played worse competition this year then last year by a big margin

Hibriten had 1 good game last year vs Watauga and 1 good game this year vs Newton.
Hibriten did play JMR but it didnt turn into much of a game.
West was much better this year then last.... I agree that if the Robinson game was played later on it would of been a different outcome...

I personally think last years offense was a lot better with many more weapons then this year’s... The defense I would think it is about equal but don’t put a whole lot into the PPG given up due to the difference in talent.... 1 thing I have liked recently is that the MLB isn’t in the backfield every play but actually dropping back into pass coverage and making tackles sideline to sideline.... I think in previous years against better competition he took himself out of the play too many times due to always blitzing

I agree the offense worries me. The QB and FB will have to play well in the playoffs. Gee is special but can't do it all. I am happy with our pass defense I think our coverage and pass rush is improved.

Reactions: daletec
I agree the offense worries me. The QB and FB will have to play well in the playoffs. Gee is special but can't do it all. I am happy with our pass defense I think our coverage and pass rush is improved.

Coverage killed you guys against us last year. Not that you weren't in good position, but you were vertically challanged. Imagine that from a midget! :)

I am a little concerned how Gee will respond if asked to carry it 20+ times against a good defense

I know ND lost their quarterback from last year. Does this years have a arm like Butts? Kicker is a weapon also.
This years QB, does not quite have the accuracy on deep throws as JB did, He is very capable short, to mid range. He does put some zip on it. What was surprising to me is, He has some speed when running the ball.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Obviously I'd love for my Panthers to take home the championship... But teams rarely win their first trip. That's why last year's eastern championship loss to NSJ was so very disappointing. I knew that most of our kids would be back and we would be loaded this year but we needed that championship experience. I think we'll get over that EC hump because they're one of the very best 2A teams in the state... But it will be hard to ground those boys in the bright lights and the gala that is a state championship game. AND beat a very talented Western Opponent who has that experience.

If anyone can do it, Battle can. He's proven to be fantastic coach and an excellent leader for those kids.

No, Hibriten put up a stinker of a game and still found a way to win. Patton was supposed to be a good team, beat them 35 to 0, Fred T. Foard was supposed to be a good team, beat them 50 to 6, West Iredell was supposed to be a good team, beat them 48 to 0.
What on earth are you talking about? To me Hibriten did what they should have against those teams which is win easily. However it would be beyond me as to why one would consider any of those teams good or even supposed to be good at all. Froard +2 over west Lincoln, WI got destroyed by an ok South Iredell team (yes I've seen them), and then they play tight against Patton. I think all those teams proved they were no good before y'all met.

Obviously I'd love for my Panthers to take home the championship... But teams rarely win their first trip. That's why last year's eastern championship loss to NSJ was so very disappointing. I knew that most of our kids would be back and we would be loaded this year but we needed that championship experience. I think we'll get over that EC hump because they're one of the very best 2A teams in the state... But it will be hard to ground those boys in the bright lights and the gala that is a state championship game. AND beat a very talented Western Opponent who has that experience.

If anyone can do it, Battle can. He's proven to be fantastic coach and an excellent leader for those kids.

Straight up, 99. You guys got hosed with ND being in the east. Not saying that you'll lose, but they should have stayed in the west.

Should you beat ND, you will be plenty ready to take it all, which is the silver lining.

I know the east and I know ED. Should you make it, fight's on!

Got to get to ball to Miles Logan and Thomas as well.
At some point you might need to ride ur big horse a lot in a game... They spread the ball around on a regular basis.... Gee’s stats are astounding if you consider the number of touches he gets in a game this year.... Need to come up with a wrinkle teams haven’t seen in my opinion as well (especially if we have to make that trip to Belmont)!!!!

Jonas is an athlete, McBride should use his height and catch some passes. Marqwonne should run it up the gut. There are weapons at Hibriten.

Straight up, 99. You guys got hosed with ND being in the east. Not saying that you'll lose, but they should have stayed in the west.

Should you beat ND, you will be plenty ready to take it all, which is the silver lining.

I know the east and I know ED. Should you make it, fight's on!

I hear ya, man. North Davidson is basically a 4A school. But, if they're that good, we'd have to beat them at some point!

At some point you might need to ride ur big horse a lot in a game... They spread the ball around on a regular basis.... Gee’s stats are astounding if you consider the number of touches he gets in a game this year.... Need to come up with a wrinkle teams haven’t seen in my opinion as well (especially if we have to make that trip to Belmont)!!!!
Kid only gets about 6 carries a game I'm sure they would hand it off to him 15+ if need be.

Unfortunately South Point doesn't consider anyone but themselves a challenge.
I do believe Franklin vs Hibriten would be a good game if both are fortunate enough to make it.
When I was filling out my bracket, I think I went through a whole pack of m&ms mulling over who to pick in the Franklin/Hibriten game

North Davidson is a 3A size school now, but the varsity players have played 4A ball for 2-3 years so yes they are basically a 4A team. Bad news for others, the 2A JV team went undefeated and destroyed everyone. So North will still be good as a legit 2A team the next few years.

North Davidson is a 3A size school now, but the varsity players have played 4A ball for 2-3 years so yes they are basically a 4A team. Bad news for others, the 2A JV team went undefeated and destroyed everyone. So North will still be good as a legit 2A team the next few years.
Probably par for the course that the ND JV team dominated, never a surprise when a program with their recent history has both a very good varsity and JV team at the same time, but also that's where the numbers thing really comes into play of the Jr & Sr classes at ND being more in the vicinity of big 3A/small 4A....a lot of smaller schools can barely field a half way decent JV team with all of their good 10th graders playing varsity to be competitive (not 8 quartering, but starting), here at South Granville, I don't believe we've won a JV game in either of the last two seasons because of lack of depth on varsity...why bother 8 quartering a 10th (and sometimes 9th) grader if you know you're going to need them available in all four quarters on Friday? Last year, South Granville had 6 sophomores starting on varsity (all Jrs. now of course), this year, we have 3 sophomores starting (would be 4, plus at least 1 freshman if not for injury)....JV team could be a lot better but not worth it when you need these underclassmen to make the defense better

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
South Point
Well most people seem to think SP will win 2AA but then again the Knowledgeless Wizard has spoken!! We saw how much knowledge he had spewing off at the mouth early on saying that Clinton would have a say in the ECC conference crown. There's a memory for ya Wiz, ED beat y'all like a drum.

Reactions: EDPanther99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT