ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites to win 2AA title ?

Chefcurry

Oct 24, 2016
The west bracket is loaded and whoever comes out of the west will win the title, but who from the west that is the million dollar question?

Shelby may not make it out of round 1 with the way offense has played this year. Newton has a chance to knock them out early. South point is the only team that I think has a clear shot at title. Everyone below them can be knocked out every week. This is going to be a fun ride in the playoffs.

The west bracket is loaded and whoever comes out of the west will win the title, but who from the west that is the million dollar question?
if ED makes it there i hope the western champion takes us just as lightly as you are. if so they will get a big reality check!

i just love how the west thinks theyre unbeatable in 2A this year and probably havent seen any of the eastern teams play.

East duplin and North Davidson are the favorites out of the east and I hope to meet up with east in the third round and hope you take us lightly. Took us three games to start to gel play a lot of sophomores playing good football at the moment hope it would be a good game if we would happen to meet

North Davidson vs South Point and South Point wins by 21 or more.

I wish I was as high on our Black Knights as a lot of the other posters here who are picking ND to the championship. I'm just not sold on the offense at this point. TJ Boyce is solid always, but the passing game worries me against really good defenses. Gotta block, gotta pick up blitzes, gotta maintain composure. I'm hopeful, but not too confident.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Hope we get to see that defense and take a crack at it. Our quarterback ranks in top 15 in the state total yards and only played two full games and we only played 10 games

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I think our defense is championship caliber. The biggest thing is that you simply are going to have a difficult time running the ball on our front seven. They're big, strong, and athletic. You have to throw the ball, running all the time is not an option. South Point is a different animal because the triple option is not as simple to defend as basic running.

The offense is great on the ground, average to good in the air. We don't have Joe Butts, but we throw well enough to keep you from stacking the box.

I'm not saying we win, but I believe we have a good chance, maybe as good as any. I don't like having to possibly play Ledford twice after we just beat them, but oh well. You beat who you play at this point, that's it.

SouthPoint Belmont and Hibriten have two VERY stout defenses. We allowed an average 4.7 points per game. The only team to put up more than 20 on us in the last20 or so games was SouthPoint Belmont in last year's Western Regional Finals. I like our chances this year. We are a VERY different football team than last year!

I guess that's why Hibriten has only allowed 47 points all season and finished 6 of 11 games as shutouts and had no games in which we allowed 20 points.
you really dont know how good this ED defense is! it is one the verh best high school defenses i have ever seen. we dont worry about shutouts, but we do worry about shutting you down. in our Clinton game Friday night we held them to 7 pts. until about 5 min. left in the game. then we put in our subs and Clinton quickly scored 2 TD's. also a few games this year have been so lopsided that we put many of our subs in either before or right after halftime. the subs are good but nowhere near as good as our starters. our starters are lights out PERIOD!! ! we might give up a random touchdown or so, but you better take advantage of what little bit of daylight we give you. we had 18 seniors return from last year's team that made it to the eastern championship, and 9 out of 11 defensive starters returned. and last year's defense set a school shutout record for us. all i can say is it will be very tough for anybody to make it to Chapel Hill but its gonna take one heck of a team to beat us if we lose. we are fast, big, strong, and experienced! not trying to brag but its just the truth.

you really dont know how good this ED defense is! it is one the verh best high school defenses i have ever seen. we dont worry about shutouts, but we do worry about shutting you down. in our Clinton game Friday night we held them to 7 pts. until about 5 min. left in the game. then we put in our subs and Clinton quickly scored 2 TD's. also a few games this year have been so lopsided that we put many of our subs in either before or right after halftime. the subs are good but nowhere near as good as our starters. our starters are lights out PERIOD!! ! we might give up a random touchdown or so, but you better take advantage of what little bit of daylight we give you. we had 18 seniors return from last year's team that made it to the eastern championship, and 9 out of 11 defensive starters returned. and last year's defense set a school shutout record for us. all i can say is it will be very tough for anybody to make it to Chapel Hill but its gonna take one heck of a team to beat us if we lose. we are fast, big, strong, and experienced! not trying to brag but its just the truth.
I can agree only seen the ED defense look human on one play the whole season and that was the big run WRH had

Reactions: 96panther
SouthPoint Belmont and Hibriten have two VERY stout defenses. We allowed an average 4.7 points per game. The only team to put up more than 20 on us in the last20 or so games was SouthPoint Belmont in last year's Western Regional Finals. I like our chances this year. We are a VERY different football team than last year!
No your not. The competition you played is pitiful. It will be the same as last year.

Reactions: Lion Attack
North Davidson vs South Point and South Point wins by 21 or more.
I was about to like this comment instantly, because I can see this happening, but we’re not done yet. We’re beating a very good Newton team, who has actually been my sleeper team, this week, then we’re shocking South Point next week. And, don’t tell me to bring on back to Realville, bro.:) We’re not going quietly.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
No your not. The competition you played is pitiful. It will be the same as last year.
No way this goes the same as last year. Different group of players, they are solid! Check the scores of last year's games versus this years games, it tells the tale!!!

No way this goes the same as last year. Different group of players, they are solid! Check the scores of last year's games versus this years games, it tells the tale!!!
I think our defense is better but offense isn't as smooth as it was last year.

Just aggravating you. I wouldn’t want Shelby to have to play you at the moment.

Hibriten, same as last year will not be challenged until South Point or Shelby kicks their ass. Then it will be North Davidson in the finals I guess, since they are in fact a 4a team loaded with juniors and seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT