ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites to win 2AA title ?

Love it when the playoffs start and these Eastern Teams bow their chests out because they are undefeated then start talking about how they have best defense ever, this and that (Sounds like some of our fans at times) ha ha ha

Then when the championship gets here and they come in with such high hopes only to be destroyed by the western counterpart....

It shall happen again this year..... 2a and 2aa....

My personal favorite was against Kinston a couple years ago... Their own Coach in their local paper says the following

We’re just going to do what we do and play Kinston football,” Gieselman said. “You can look at ourselves offensively and we’re going to be able to give our defensive team the best look possible. We can spread it out and throw it with the best of them and we can run the rock with the best of them. The passing game doesn’t necessarily worry us — we’re going to be able to stop both phases of the game: run and pass.”

Well Brooks alone had 178 rushing and Lee had 256 passing with 5 tds tying a championship record

57-21 final

Look for the same this year regardless of who comes out of the East.....
Just my thoughts, and If i am wrong Ill say I am wrong.... But history leans toward me being right...and no I am not saying Shelby will def be there...

Love it when the playoffs start and these Eastern Teams bow their chests out because they are undefeated then start talking about how they have best defense ever, this and that (Sounds like some of our fans at times) ha ha ha

Then when the championship gets here and they come in with such high hopes only to be destroyed by the western counterpart....

My personal favorite was against Kinston a couple years ago... Their own Coach in their local paper says the following

We’re just going to do what we do and play Kinston football,” Gieselman said. “You can look at ourselves offensively and we’re going to be able to give our defensive team the best look possible. We can spread it out and throw it with the best of them and we can run the rock with the best of them. The passing game doesn’t necessarily worry us — we’re going to be able to stop both phases of the game: run and pass.”

Well Brooks alone had 178 rushing and Lee had 256 passing with 5 tds tying a championship record

57-21 final

Just my thoughts, and If i am wrong Ill say I am wrong.... But history leans toward me being right...and no I am not saying Shelby will def be there...

...unless North Davidson comes out of the east

who else did the west donate to the least side? Forest Hills, Anson, and the usual Andrews I think.

Good point North is in the East.forgot... They should SCARE everyone on that side of the bracket..... Forget my last... If North is East its going to be a barn burner for the west cause North will be the East representative no matter what The Dumplin crowd is crowing about

Hibriten, same as last year will not be challenged until South Point or Shelby kicks their ass. Then it will be North Davidson in the finals I guess, since they are in fact a 4a team loaded with juniors and seniors.

You mean 3A. The new divisions would make us 3A at 1300, heck probably would have been 3A under the old rules. But yes, these juniors and seniors have played 4A football for 2-3 years so experience wise they are a 4A team, if that's what you mean.

...unless North Davidson comes out of the east

who else did the west donate to the least side? Forest Hills, Anson, and the usual Andrews I think.
Guess you would have to mention Randleman as a donated team. I don't think the orange/blue team will be around after round 2 but they have a poster in this thread who has them making some noise.

I really do think we can make some noise and we will see our defense is really playing well and like I said whoever we play is going to see the best quarterback they have seen all year. Pluse we just got back one of our best receivers back only played a couple of games. Pluse got a 1000 yard rb that’s just a 10 th grader can fly. Quarterback throwed over 2000 yards and rushed for over 800 yard and only played two full games out of 10.

We shall see. I've seen film of ED, they're a great team. The problem is your offense plays into our defenses hands, imo.
we will probably get the chance to find out. nobody has shut our running game down all year. and we have several perenial powerhouses on our schedule. im not undersestimating anyone. i have no doubt that ND is a great team, but we are too.

Oh I look forward to it. Yall's defense is great too, I don't expect a blowout either way.

Don’t get me wrong ed and nd are good and y’all are to we be big underdogs more likely but whoever we play better have a great secondary we spread it out great receivers and quick and big tightend all ready signed. We will be more of a balance team as you will see over 200 passing and over 200 rushing a game

That would be the way to beat us, if any. But even if I take into account you guys improving since the Ledford loss, your offense wouldn't keep up with ours. And our defense would make it hard for you to throw, because he would be running and on his back all night.

Good point North is in the East.forgot... They should SCARE everyone on that side of the bracket..... Forget my last... If North is East its going to be a barn burner for the west cause North will be the East representative no matter what The Dumplin crowd is crowing about
its easy to talk all of that trash when youre not lined up against us. last year we were an excellent team, but came up just short against NS Jax. but at the time i wasnt saying how good we were then, because i knew we were very good but i wasnt sure we could play with the likes of a Shelby, South Point, or a North Davidson. and i know Shelby beat NSJ pretty handily. but believe me when i say win or lose this ED team is a championship caliber team. we might not even make it there. only time will tell. but this team is loaded, both offensively and defensively. i think the eastern representatives in both 2A (NE, WRH etc...) and 2AA (ND, ED) will give the west all they want this year if they cant beat them. like ive said before though, we have to make it there first which wont be easy. one game at at time!

Don’t get me wrong ed and nd are good and y’all are to we be big underdogs more likely but whoever we play better have a great secondary we spread it out great receivers and quick and big tightend all ready signed. We will be more of a balance team as you will see over 200 passing and over 200 rushing a game
i dont see anyone rushing for many yards on us. our run D is very stout. our pass D is pretty good but not as good as our run D. but what we lack in pass coverage we make up for with a very good pass rush. its hard to pass well when youre QB is constantly running for his life.

i dont see anyone rushing for many yards on us. our run D is very stout. our pass D is pretty good but not as good as our run D. but what we lack in pass coverage we make up for with a very good pass rush. its hard to pass well when youre QB is constantly running for his life.

Same.

Reactions: 96panther
i just love how the west thinks theyre unbeatable in 2A this year and probably havent seen any of the eastern teams play.
We do lose occasionally but normally to another West team. We see the east teams play each year in the state championship game when the east sends their best representative but normally they aren't successful. This may be a year when they are.
It looks like ED had enjoyed a history of success but does not appear to have won a state championship at this point. You guys have a great team this year but time will tell if it's good enough. None of us know that answer. We feel confident as I am sure you do.

We do lose occasionally but normally to another West team. We see the east teams play each year in the state championship game when the east sends their best representative but normally they aren't successful. This may be a year when they are.
It looks like ED had enjoyed a history of success but does not appear to have won a state championship at this point. You guys have a great team this year but time will tell if it's good enough. None of us know that answer. We feel confident as I am sure you do.
no we havent. we have had some teams that had a good chance of winning it but always got knocked out by another very good team. many times teams from our own conference.

You got a good pass rush that’s good he loves to run the ball rushed over 800 yards this year he can fly and can throw on the run that’s why he is being looked at pretty heavy we gave up one sack all year our o line not real big but quick and strong well coached but we will see could get beat this week got to play one game at a time

I really do think we can make some noise and we will see our defense is really playing well and like I said whoever we play is going to see the best quarterback they have seen all year. Pluse we just got back one of our best receivers back only played a couple of games. Pluse got a 1000 yard rb that’s just a 10 th grader can fly. Quarterback throwed over 2000 yards and rushed for over 800 yard and only played two full games out of 10.
Yeah saw that 10th grader when he was in the 8th grade. He was pretty good then as well.

Against ER QB did spin it very well and TE is a load. Running game was mostly QB on rollouts. He is fast and big. Think 10th grader had 26 yards?

A team that may give orange/blue team problems, in my opinion, would be one that has a good running game. ER, even while getting spanked, was able to move the ball on the ground.

Keeping ball away from orange/blue QB might be best defense.

57-21 final

Hey SL can we get you to pick the Raiders to win the 2AA? We will give one back someday down the road. Way down the road as Seadog would say it.

Reactions: sasha_nc
You are probably correct on that we gave up 117 yards rushing that game it was the most we gave up all year on the ground. But I agree running the ball keeping our offense off the field is the way to go

You got a good pass rush that’s good he loves to run the ball rushed over 800 yards this year he can fly and can throw on the run that’s why he is being looked at pretty heavy we gave up one sack all year our o line not real big but quick and strong well coached but we will see could get beat this week got to play one game at a time
yeah, one game at a time for everybody.

Hibriten will get challenged im3rd round
Hibriten, same as last year will not be challenged until South Point or Shelby kicks their ass. Then it will be North Davidson in the finals I guess, since they are in fact a 4a team loaded with juniors and seniors.

Unfortunately South Point doesn't consider anyone but themselves a challenge.
I do believe Franklin vs Hibriten would be a good game if both are fortunate enough to make it.

Its just conventional wisdom. Generally speaking, teams on the hills struggle when they play someone from not on the hill. It's not being cocky or boastful; it's facts. I don't doubt at all that Hibriten is better than last year..... but I also don't think they have closed a 4 TD gap on a SP team that is also better than a year ago.

Hibriten is not a mountain team unless you consider Hibriten Mountain the mountains. We're in the foothills have beat good teams in the past and have lost to good teams in the past. We don't have the history of South Point or Shelby but we have had some good teams the past 15 years just never got over the hump. One of these days I hope it happens.

Reactions: red devil knight
From an outside perspective, after reading this thread, North Davidson apparently doesn’t even belong in the company of these elite teams, BUT by some miracle if they do advance, it’s only because “ they are a 4A team”. Sounds like the excuses are already in order.

From an outside perspective, after reading this thread, North Davidson apparently doesn’t even belong in the company of these elite teams, BUT by some miracle if they do advance, it’s only because “ they are a 4A team”. Sounds like the excuses are already in order.

They're the big fish nobody knows about. I know they made alot of noise and sent home some big names in the 4A playoffs the past few years, so I would not be surprised if they won 2AA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT