ADVERTISEMENT

ER at Burns

72special

Aug 28, 2015
ER definitely better this year than previous years. Not gonna be an easy out. ER has some weapons that will have to be dealt with. Bulldogs be ready for this bunch. They will get after it I don't know much about Burns this year other than they are young but I know from years past they are tough to beat.

ER definitely better this year than previous years. Not gonna be an easy out. ER has some weapons that will have to be dealt with. Bulldogs be ready for this bunch. They will get after it I don't know much about Burns this year other than they are young but I know from years past they are tough to beat.
35-17 East

Hit man do you know anything about Burns this year? Usually, BBB and Rev and other Bulldog fans are posting about their players or coaches or maybe their goats. As I stated earlier I haven't heard much on them this year.

Hit man do you know anything about Burns this year? Usually, BBB and Rev and other Bulldog fans are posting about their players or coaches or maybe their goats. As I stated earlier I haven't heard much on them this year.
Burns front four on D was pretty good, 30 at MLB is a good player. They are not super athletic on the back end. Offense is very limited and will struggle to score points. They have a kid in the slot #8 that is very athletic that can score on any play.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Yea, we're really young this year. Our secondary is very weak, so if you can throw it, you'll have success. Our run d is pretty stout. Offensively, we are average at best. But we do have a couple playmakers that are explosive. I know ER hasn't played anyone so far this year, so don't know much about you guys. We could have (should have) beat Alexander Central and of course Shelby put the whooping on us. Hopefully our SOS will pay off.

You're right BBB. ER hasn't played anybody yet so this game will be a tougher test. This should be a good matchup. We do have the athletes and playmakers. What has surprised me so far this year is our O line. They have size and move people downfield. With Burns defending the run well, this will come down to the trenches. Who wants it more. ER has successfully thrown the ball this year but they are run first. Can't wait to go to Lawndale Friday nite.

Should be a pretty good game. Burns has to clean up the penalties if they want to win. We put ourselves in good 3rd down situations on D but give up big chunks of yards and cant get off the field. Our d wont hold up if that remains the case.

The last 3 years this series have been very, very good. All 3 games could have gone either way. Three years ago coach Bland gave us a gift when he was up with 2 minutes to go and decides to throw the ball, we pic it off and throw a TD on the last play of the game. This is the game that East fan poster Davlry said he was done. Has there been a coaching change ast East ? Two years ago our QB goes down, our back up comes in and plays well and we lose on a missed 2 point conversion. Last year we come to Forest City ranked in the state and a heavy favorite and East plays us tough until we pull away in the fourth ....i remember last year a majority of ER's best players were underclassman so this will be a tremendous challenge for the Dogs but i still expect a close game. We do have alot of young talent and CJ Hopper is a flat out beast of a running back,

Mr. Hopper, meet Mr. Hamilton.
We should get our money's worth Friday night. I believe only touchdowns ER has given up has been late when game was already decided. No, there may have been one. Oh yeah and the fact that we "haven't played anybody". So this game will be tougher test. Can't wait. I might have to stop at Alston Bridges along the way.

We should get our money's worth Friday night. I believe only touchdowns ER has given up has been late when game was already decided. No, there may have been one. Oh yeah and the fact that we "haven't played anybody". So this game will be tougher test. Can't wait. I might have to stop at Alston Bridges along the way.

Heck no. Go to Stagecoach Grill and get a Bulldog Burger.

The last 3 years this series have been very, very good. All 3 games could have gone either way. Three years ago coach Bland gave us a gift when he was up with 2 minutes to go and decides to throw the ball, we pic it off and throw a TD on the last play of the game. This is the game that East fan poster Davlry said he was done. Has there been a coaching change ast East ? Two years ago our QB goes down, our back up comes in and plays well and we lose on a missed 2 point conversion. Last year we come to Forest City ranked in the state and a heavy favorite and East plays us tough until we pull away in the fourth ....i remember last year a majority of ER's best players were underclassman so this will be a tremendous challenge for the Dogs but i still expect a close game. We do have alot of young talent and CJ Hopper is a flat out beast of a running back,
That game 3 years ago at east was a heart breaker my oldest son played on that team and their was a LOT of kids that were so mad that the ball was thrown. But anyhow it was a great game tho

Btw Lawndog, Bland is still head coach and our new OC this year was RS Central's HC last year.

Im assuming the "havent played anybody" comment has rubbed you the wrong way. The fact is, the teams you have beaten are 1-5. Grant it Burns is 0-2 but the 2 losses are to 2 teams better than your 3 wins thus far. Burns is by no means a powerhouse this season, but definitely gonna be a good win for either team.

Burns will be tough. Hard hitting. They were in the late 80s and they will be Friday. I'd like to think that we will raise some eyebrows and maybe drop some jaws this year. Most of our key players haven't played a full game yet because these games were basically over by halftime. So I'm really anxious to see a full game from them. I'm hoping everyone stays healthy and injury free on both sides.

Bland is still the Coach.This team has many athletes . D looks like it is pretty good.But has not been tested.We also have a great RB and are pretty good at all the skill positions.Got some size on the O and D lines .Should be a good game Burns will without a doubt the best team we have played so far.

Bland is still the Coach.This team has many athletes . D looks like it is pretty good.But has not been tested.We also have a great RB and are pretty good at all the skill positions.Got some size on the O and D lines .Should be a good game Burns will without a doubt the best team we have played so far.
East has had athletes every year!!

Ive heard good things about how athletic ER will be. Pretty good team coming to Lawndale, hoping for a good game and injury free for both teams

Reactions: 72special
That game 3 years ago at east was a heart breaker my oldest son played on that team and their was a LOT of kids that were so mad that the ball was thrown. But anyhow it was a great game tho
Yes my son was the young sop QB and that one stands out.

Well and no offense to Bland....Im sure the man has forgotten more about football than i will ever know. It just seems with all the athletes in the FC area East never reaches their full potential ....but anyway best wishes this year and it should be a good one Friday.

Reactions: Mopar forever
This is a very interesting game. I think this game will tell us a lot about ER and Burns moving forward.

Well and no offense to Bland....Im sure the man has forgotten more about football than i will ever know. It just seems with all the athletes in the FC area East never reaches their full potential ....but anyway best wishes this year and it should be a good one Friday.

AMEN

Reactions: Mopar forever
Apart from the long kick-off return and 2 big plays. Our defense was lights out. Hopper had 200+ yards rushing with Pryor close to, if not 100. In 2 years when those 2 are seniors, watch out.

Congratulations to the Burns Bulldogs. They played a heck of a game. Defense was outstanding. Good luck the rest of the season.

Congratulations to the Burns Bulldogs. They played a heck of a game. Defense was outstanding. Good luck the rest of the season.
Congrats to the young Dogs.....what a great win. Coach Cog can run a defense. best of luck to East the rest of the way .

Good win for the young pups, Got to learn to put your foot on the throat and finish a team off. Game was close in the first half but aside from a few big plays, Burns D dominated and we were in control the whole 2nd half. ER has some very talented kids that can fly! The qb played really hard and can run pretty well. Good luck the rest of the way.

absolutely too many penalties. Idk if refs are just very flag happy this season and have to feel apart of it but regardless, gotta clean it up. The unsportsmanlike penalty before the last play is bone headed and the kid needs to learn from that mess.

absolutely too many penalties. Idk if refs are just very flag happy this season and have to feel apart of it but regardless, gotta clean it up. The unsportsmanlike penalty before the last play is bone headed and the kid needs to learn from that mess.
Refs just look very lost this year I think there are to many changes in high school football each season! They huddle up after almost every flag.

Why in the world is jumping over someone unsportsmanlike conduct? We got called for that early in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT