ADVERTISEMENT

Enka at Pisgah.

Pisgah plays smash mouth defense but need to get back to smash mouth offense. Pisgah doesn't have the athletes for the finesse football. You can argue but the proof is in the pudding. They can't score
A lot of teams will have a hard time scoring against Murphy this year.

Reactions: knine1
My bad that a opinion today about a current state of a program is diluted by the past. You guys are cry babies. I worked in canton for a year with my former job and the folks there for the most part were excuse making babies. And overall pretty ignorant. The smell has really screwed up the brains over there. In fairness I met a couple normal competent folks. Just few and far between.

Reactions: mrbud
My bad that a opinion today about a current state of a program is diluted by the past. You guys are cry babies. I worked in canton for a year with my former job and the folks there for the most part were excuse making babies. And overall pretty ignorant. The smell has really screwed up the brains over there. In fairness I met a couple normal competent folks. Just few and far between.
You worked at Bojangles?

Says a fan of a team that's beat pisgah one time in their existence.
Says the guy who has a team who had to watch Owen win the WHC 3 out of the 4 years they were in the same conference and Brevard win the other one, so that means 0 for Pisssgah

In respect to the non sensitive Pisgah fans, I was just saying Pisgah has a style that has been effective for years but outside of the Jaynes years is not this crap that is being played currently. I just think to be effective they need to get back to that.

In respect to the non sensitive Pisgah fans, I was just saying Pisgah has a style that has been effective for years but outside of the Jaynes years is not this crap that is being played currently. I just think to be effective they need to get back to that.
We had some great athletes in the “jaynes” years! He definitely had some great receivers to throw to! Cockrell Blazer & Wilson was all outstanding!

Reactions: PisgahCatamount07
I agree, you did have athletes those years but typically your kids are hard nosed physical players

He better...those folks will have a real estate sign in his front yard if he dont

He better...those folks will have a real estate sign in his front yard if he dont
Brett has a job as Pisgah as long as he wants one here.He has never had a losing record and beat Tuscola more than any other Pisgah coach.Hate to agree with mrdud but most of us don't believe we should win a state championship every year.I don't remember what team in WNC won a state 2-a championship or when.

I checked and Sylva Webster won the state 2-A in 1980.The 94 and 06 Pisgah team have come the closest.

Last edited:
Brett has a job as Pisgah as long as he wants one here.He has never had a losing record and beat Tuscola more than any other Pisgah coach.Hate to agree with mrdud but most of us don't believe we should win a state championship every year.I don't remember what team in WNC won a state 2-a championship or when.

I checked and Sylva Webster won the state 2-A in 1980.The 94 and 06 Pisgah team have come the closest.
I have no clue why you hate to agree with me. Read the screen name again. This profile was made by a few of us to give mrbud all the attention he deserves.

From my observation, I think Pisgah defense is as good as it was last year (up to now anyway.) Offensively there is work to be done. Some of you feel that PHS should revert to a "power" game. Where's the power going to come from? Its been a long time since PHS had what could be called a "power" back. Gone are some good players off last years team, Some excellent play makers that gave last year's team a dimension that just isnt there (yet.) There are not many what one would call star players stepping up to replace them. PHS will win many games (I think) but they will be won with defense and will likely be low scoring affairs. Dont expect a prolific offensive team in this year's Pisgah squad. JMO.

Don't forget the 02 bears they made the semis

It's more than Murphy...look at the East Lincoln game etc. Most of the time when Pisgah scores it seems like it's a gimmick play. Half back passes etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my observation, I think Pisgah defense is as good as it was last year (up to now anyway.) Offensively there is work to be done. Some of you feel that PHS should revert to a "power" game. Where's the power going to come from? Its been a long time since PHS had what could be called a "power" back. Gone are some good players off last years team, Some excellent play makers that gave last year's team a dimension that just isnt there (yet.) There are not many what one would call star players stepping up to replace them. PHS will win many games (I think) but they will be won with defense and will likely be low scoring affairs. Dont expect a prolific offensive team in this year's Pisgah squad. JMO.

I checked and Sylva Webster won the state 2-A in 1980.The 94 and 06
Murphy and Swain won 2a .

Robbinsville beat Sylva Webster one year when both teams won it.

I will see. Owen is off and I live in Candler so I will make the short trip over to Canton

Murphy won 2A in 70 and 74...Sylva webster won it 6 times i think and Franklin and Swain have 2A titles as well

All yall Pisgah fans can do is try to put down instead of coming back with football. Bud is a turd sucker and I work at Bojangles and PisgahCatamount ain't a Pisgah fan...maybe yall dont know as much as yall think, thus you have nothing productive to say. As annoying as bud has to be for you guys to put up with...he has been right almost everytime. It's not like he is speaking falsely. I know how it is to defend your team all the time but maybe what he is saying would help your program straighten out. Idk his motives...it may be to get under your skin or whatever but it's working if so and it's pretty dang funny. Yall act like a hooker at church when he says something. It's probably because deep down you know its truth.

I don't see Tuscola anywhere on there.. Just an observation.
Region 2: Waynesville 20, Chapel Hill 13
1972 Sanford 14, Tuscola 14 (Tie)
Yea me neither.. Of course thats just an observation on my part as well..

Enka's non conference should be Andrews, Cherokee, Hayesville, Rosman, Asheville School, Rabun Gap. This would help those school and probably Enka.

All yall Pisgah fans can do is try to put down instead of coming back with football. Bud is a turd sucker and I work at Bojangles and PisgahCatamount ain't a Pisgah fan...maybe yall dont know as much as yall think, thus you have nothing productive to say. As annoying as bud has to be for you guys to put up with...he has been right almost everytime. It's not like he is speaking falsely. I know how it is to defend your team all the time but maybe what he is saying would help your program straighten out. Idk his motives...it may be to get under your skin or whatever but it's working if so and it's pretty dang funny. Yall act like a hooker at church when he says something. It's probably because deep down you know its truth.
98, those clowns know nothing about football. That why they keep insulting posters. I make more money in one day then most of them clowns do in a week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT