ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph at Randleman

Wonder what will be Sportstone game of the week?
Wonder how many cars will get stuck on roundabout?
Wonder how much smoke orange/blue creates just to walk in?
Wonder if ER streak of shutouts in conference comes to an end?
Knowing Sportstone, it will Asheboro/Montgomery Central.

I'll put the over/under at 50. Forty of those will be jacked-up trucks with neon lighting.

Too much. ER needs to hit them with some of that green mist Great Kabuki style.

Unfortunately, it probably will. I think Goldston will score at least one touchdown.

Which will be the game of the year? Swain vs Robbinsville or ER vs Randleman or MA vs Alleghany? Each game for Conference Top Dog as well as all important seeding.
Well I’m pretty biased so…
That mountain game would be a close second I believe…
Don’t honestly feel the last one will be very close.

Which will be the game of the year? Swain vs Robbinsville or ER vs Randleman or MA vs Alleghany? Each game for Conference Top Dog as well as all important seeding.
Other Mt. Airy being brought into every thread, what would make you think MA and Alleghany would be the game of the year? Maybe I am missing the humor here.

OBTW, no disrespect to Alleghany.

Other Mt. Airy being brought into every thread, what would make you think MA and Alleghany would be the game of the year? Maybe I am missing the humor here.

OBTW, no disrespect to Alleghany.
There’s that “no disrespect” thing 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Jmappfan5
I think Thomasville and Lexington could be interesting also. I have not see Thomasville, but I have Lexington and they are much improved.
Thomasville plays East Davidson tonight and Lexington next week. No looking ahead Sportsnut😁

This thread went off the rails for some reason…🙄
Supposed to be me and Chute talking about orange/blue and roundabouts!!!
With occasional contributions from a few folks that are perhaps interested in outcome of THIS GAME for various reasons…
In other words…
Bump!!!

This thread went off the rails for some reason…🙄
Supposed to be me and Chute talking about orange/blue and roundabouts!!!
With occasional contributions from a few folks that are perhaps interested in outcome of THIS GAME for various reasons…
In other words…
Bump!!!
I don't know enough about the teams to comment only looking at the records and stats etc looks like ER has played a slight better owp but Randleman has better rushing team. Should be a good game.
If ER can win there's a very small difference between them a Mt Airy RPI with ER playing a 9-0 team and MA playing a 4-5 team I would think there's a possibility the ER could jump MA in rpi rankings.

Randleman has a good defensive line and LB's. The RB is a quality kid and the 6'3 WR is hard to stop. Most teams just want to contain him and limit the damage he can do with the ball in the air and after the catch. I am taking ER in a close game over the undefeated Tigers.

Where is the game being played?
Oh, stupid me, it is in the title of the thread.
Randleman by 7, simply because they will want a clear sweep: short drive, score and gate!

• Angry
Reactions: thekidd12
I don't know enough about the teams to comment only looking at the records and stats etc looks like ER has played a slight better owp but Randleman has better rushing team. Should be a good game.
If ER can win there's a very small difference between them a Mt Airy RPI with ER playing a 9-0 team and MA playing a 4-5 team I would think there's a possibility the ER could jump MA in rpi rankings.
Well the reason nobody knows about ER is because…
Well I have no idea why…
Chute has written up basically every game they have played (except when he’s spending Friday nights with his side piece) with details that most media outlets would be proud to publish…
As far as orange/blue?
🤷‍♂️

😂😂😂

Where is the game being played?
Oh, stupid me, it is in the title of the thread.
Randleman by 7, simply because they will want a clear sweep: short drive, score and gate!
Just admit you’re pulling against a fellow 1A competitor for selfish reasons!!!
At least BK admitted it last year because he wanted to take that three mile trip 😂

Well I have no idea why…
Chute has written up basically every game they have played (except when he’s spending Friday nights with his side piece) with details that most media outlets would be proud to publish…
As far as orange/blue?
🤷‍♂️

😂😂😂
I mean I'm just not familiar with the teams never seen them play or anything. Even teams I've seen or been to their stadiums most I haven't seen them play the night Murphy & Robbinsville played first time I actually some them as well which is why I don't say much on their matchups ether in the SMC . I don't know except what's written on threads and stast about most teams like I'm not sure how Robville and Swian match up ether.

Well I have no idea why…
As far as orange/blue?
🤷‍♂️

😂😂😂
Don't worry Kidd. I've kicked my sidepiece to the curb Jerry Springer-style.

Since 2005.......

ER's record against Orange/Blue is 11-5. In 2015, the Tigers finally ended ER's long winning streak. After ER's win in 2016, the Tigers reeled off four consecutive victories against the Cats (including two blowouts). ER has won the last two meetings. Interestingly, these two didn't play each other in 2009 or 2010.

Tale of the Tape........

ER comes in at 8-1..........Tigers are perfect at 9-0

ER has scored 340 points and given up 85. Tigers have scored 350 and allowed 76.

ER's best opponent was Eastern Alamance. Tigers best opponent was.......I'll give a slight edge to Thomasville.

ER has a streak of five straight shutouts. Tigers have given up 42 in conference play.

A couple of interesting common opponent results: ER only beat Asheboro 27-16 while the Tigers beat A'town 53-14. On the flip side, ER beat SW Randolph 41-0 while the Tigers only beat SWR 24-0.

ER has scored 40 points in six straight games. Tigers have topped the 50 point mark three times (Union Pines, Asheboro, and the ABYSMAL Cedar Ridge).

Last edited:
Tale of the Tape........

ER comes in at 8-1..........Tigers are perfect at 9-0

ER has scored 340 points and given up 85. Tigers have scored 350 and allowed 76.

ER's best opponent was Eastern Alamance. Tigers best opponent was.......I'll give a slight edge to Thomasville.

ER has a streak of five straight shutouts. Tigers have given up 42 in conference play.

A couple of interesting common opponent results: ER only beat Asheboro 27-16 while the Tigers beat A'town 53-14. On the flip side, ER beat SW Randolph 41-0 while the Tigers only beat SWR 24-0.

ER has scored 40 points in six straight games. Tigers have topped the 50 point mark three times (Union Pines, Asheboro, and the ABYSMAL Cedar Ridge).
ER’s numbers not really too bad for a team that can’t play defense or score…
Yeah I can’t help myself…

ER’s numbers not really too bad for a team that can’t play defense or score…
Yeah I can’t help myself…
Come on now, you know that defense is no where what it has been and I snickered as I read the article from Cates how this D might be the best. Another thing is there is no fast score threat, I know you will listen in this week and have all the answers. Randolph county football in nothing that is once was. rant over

Come on now, you know that defense is no where what it has been and I snickered as I read the article from Cates how this D might be the best. Another thing is there is no fast score threat, I know you will listen in this week and have all the answers. Randolph county football in nothing that is once was. rant over
I’m sorry but I can’t agree with a lot of this. Only two teams have had much success ever in Randolph county football. Occasionally Asheboro would have a decent team, especially if you go back to the 1960s. Since 1980 only orange/blue and ER have really gone very far in playoffs. And orange/blue had a long drought in there. You know me so you know I am a ER supporter but also a realist. How many SC does ER have for all their trips to playoffs? Now the two SC teams were led by two dynamic QBs. Who was deep threat for Hooker? Ok little easier who was deep threat for Scott? Also both of those teams had very good lines both offensive and defensive. Defense this year, which you believe is under par, hasn’t given up a point in a month. PAC7 probably will have three teams in 2A playoffs with Trinity just out according to RPI. That would mean 4 of the 6 teams would be in state playoffs. All are from Randolph county. I don’t think baseball is near as good now either but teams keep having great success. We all think the teams we played on would destroy the HS teams of today in almost every sport. I think we’re just old and remember us being better than we were 🤷‍♂️

I will not root against ER, but I won't cry if they lose. Don't want to travel there again this year. Although, I will say my wife and I were treated great by everyone we met. Had a wonderful experience. Most Bear 🐻 fans greet visitors hospitable.

I’m sorry but I can’t agree with a lot of this. Only two teams have had much success ever in Randolph county football. Occasionally Asheboro would have a decent team, especially if you go back to the 1960s. Since 1980 only orange/blue and ER have really gone very far in playoffs. And orange/blue had a long drought in there. You know me so you know I am a ER supporter but also a realist. How many SC does ER have for all their trips to playoffs? Now the two SC teams were led by two dynamic QBs. Who was deep threat for Hooker? Ok little easier who was deep threat for Scott? Also both of those teams had very good lines both offensive and defensive. Defense this year, which you believe is under par, hasn’t given up a point in a month. PAC7 probably will have three teams in 2A playoffs with Trinity just out according to RPI. That would mean 4 of the 6 teams would be in state playoffs. All are from Randolph county. I don’t think baseball is near as good now either but teams keep having great success. We all think the teams we played on would destroy the HS teams of today in almost every sport. I think we’re just old and remember us being better than we were 🤷‍♂️
In all honesty how do you feel this year's team compares to last year's?

In all honesty how do you feel this year's team compares to last year's?
I think they are better defensively. Last year they seemed to be a bend but don’t break type. For example Rville game in playoffs.
Offensively they don’t have a Devonte Brooks but current QB is more mobile and probably a little more accurate than Stratton.
In my opinion, they don’t have the superstar athlete but have a workmanlike approach.
I agree with coach Cates that the defense is special and that might be where they have an advantage over last year’s team.
Another factor that might help them is playoffs is NOT being the one seed. Last couple of years seemed like they were playing not to lose rather than to win.

Having said all that ER has an extremely tough game tomorrow night against the three seed in 2A West that they could easily lose.

I think ER is a top 5 team this year. Where they fall in there could be anywhere from 1-5 any given night. I think they’re a better team this year but absent of some of the studs we have seen the past few years. Strong in the trenches. Good qb play. Coming together as the season goes on and steadily improving. Friday night on the road will be a great measuring stick to see how adversity is handled and where they’re at going into the playoffs.

They could struggle with Adams and their 3 yards and a cloud of dust will be hard to stop. They could struggle to contain Mason and all mount airys team speed. Neither is nothing to be ashamed of as most teams do. They slot in somewhere around there though give or take the mood any given Friday. As we said last year we will be an underdog but appreciate the opportunity to have a chance.

I think ER is a top 5 team this year. Where they fall in there could be anywhere from 1-5 any given night. I think they’re a better team this year but absent of some of the studs we have seen the past few years. Strong in the trenches. Good qb play. Coming together as the season goes on and steadily improving. Friday night on the road will be a great measuring stick to see how adversity is handled and where they’re at going into the playoffs.

They could struggle with Adams and their 3 yards and a cloud of dust will be hard to stop. They could struggle to contain Mason and all mount airys team speed. Neither is nothing to be ashamed of as most teams do. They slot in somewhere around there though give or take the mood any given Friday. As we said last year we will be an underdog but appreciate the opportunity to have a chance.
Couldn't have said it better myself :D

Man you got to come around here a little more often!!!

Two state champs in county in 83

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT