ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Randolph at Randleman

Anyone remember the Strickland brothers for ER baseball? Hated facing those dudes….Way to go tonight ER and looking forward to the playoffs!

Reactions: thekidd12
Anyone remember the Strickland brothers for ER baseball? Hated facing those dudes….Way to go tonight ER and looking forward to the playoffs!
I thought I knew names of most of the guys who played baseball at ER but I'm drawing a blank with them. Could be because I'm still awake watching World Series and muzzleloading starts in morning? :D

I don't know enough about the teams to comment only looking at the records and stats etc looks like ER has played a slight better owp but Randleman has better rushing team. Should be a good game.
If ER can win there's a very small difference between them a Mt Airy RPI with ER playing a 9-0 team and MA playing a 4-5 team I would think there's a possibility the ER could jump MA in rpi rankings.
Won't do no good lol

Instant. Classic.

Amazing game tonight. Cats hold on 22-21 to win the conference hardware.

Gotta admit.......I got pretty anxious towards the end. ER's strategy of milking the clock almost backfired. Almost. With around six seconds left, Cats were set to punt from around their own 5. Carter Revelle caught the snap, took a few steps right, and hit Rayden West crossing the middle to seal the game.

Huge games from Revelle, West and Nicah Taylor. West and Taylor each had a momentum-shifting pick. Plain and simply, ER made plays when they had to.

Cats definitely took some combos from the Tigers. Randleman played a really good game. Their defense stopped ER a few times on fourth down. Kirkpatrick threw a couple of beautiful balls for touchdowns. Tigers wore ER out with that counter off the left B gap. As usual, Goldston made a great TD grab.

On to the playoffs......

Forgot to mention Rayden West's halfback pass to Nicah Taylor for a TD in the second quarter. Taylor was so open that even I think I could've caught that pass and ran it in.

Also, Timmy Brower was the recipient of that Revelle TD pass down the right side.

The twins Zack and Josh Strickland

Last edited:
I know Matt Brown. His dad and mine were College roommates at App. I played baseball as well. I had forgotten that he went to ER lol. Small world
His daddy is a fine man. Bill always wished the 81 team could play the SC team. Wanted to know how would turn out. He is still at a lot of ER games in every sport.

This needs a fresh bump towards top. Eastern Randolph beat one of the higher 2A west teams to win their third straight conference championship. Along the way shutout two other 2A playoff teams. Not a bad year.

And I still think Chute’s write ups of games are way too detailed.
Geesh

His daddy is a fine man. Bill always wished the 81 team could play the SC team. Wanted to know how would turn out. He is still at a lot of ER games in every sport.
That's awesome! Him and Dad are a lot alike. Two of the best, they even have the same birthday lol. Dad said that he talked to him last week.

This needs a fresh bump towards top. Eastern Randolph beat one of the higher 2A west teams to win their third straight conference championship. Along the way shutout two other 2A playoff teams. Not a bad year.

And I still think Chute’s write ups of games are way too detailed.
Geesh
From now on, I'll just take the Rasheed Wallace method of commenting on games. I'll just say "Both teams played hard" and leave it at that.

• Haha
From now on, I'll just take the Rasheed Wallace method of commenting on games. I'll just say "Both teams played hard" and leave it at that.
Noooo…
When I can’t go your write ups are what I look forward to either that night or next day. You honestly have a way in making people feel a part of what happened. You sir have a gift.
And you know I don’t hand out compliments often.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Noooo…
When I can’t go your write ups are what I look forward to either that night or next day. You honestly have a way in making people feel a part of what happened. You sir have a gift.
And you know I don’t hand out compliments often.
I'm just messing around. I just have to make sure I don't write any "romance novels".

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT