ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes 21 - North Wilkes 0

Realfreedom

Sep 7, 2004
King
A costly victory tonight as it appears an important cog on the offense sustained a serious injury.

Very sloppy game in which East dominated. North put together one drive the whole evening and East's D shut that drive down. On offense East moved the ball well, but North stopped them 3 or 4 times in the red zone to keep the score respectable.

A ton of things to correct before the Trojans on Friday night and not many days to correct them.

5 - 0 is 5 - 0 and something to be proud of and built upon.

Go Cards.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Thanks for the updates Real-f. Couldn't find anything hardly about this game last night.

Figured this would happen North Wilkes has done a 180 this past year. The 2014 team on varsity was one of the least physical teams I have ever seen and they scrapped that offense and went to the wing and at least play you tough. East is just better than they are though. Alleghany will probably be the same Friday.

Is it the Nance kid?

Chris Ward the senior, quick QB got hurt close to the end of the first quarter or early second. He jumped right up and made it a couple of steps and went back down. He never could put any pressure on it. I believe it is a knee, but I am not 100% sure. I was not going to give a name, but I see the paper already did.

The JV QB came in and did a good job filling in. This kid is solid. He is a stout kid with decent speed. He has a good feel for the game and his arm strength is good. I do not think he played his freshman but he was the QB for the middle school teams that did real well.

Last night he had one dropped pass in the end zone. The thing they will work on this week is the timing of the offense. Timing was off last night and that did cause some turnovers. Assuming he is the man going forward, it is good to have the Trojans and the Elks before the meat of the schedule. No disrespect to either of those teams as on any given night anyone can pull an upset.

well u have nothin to worry about with alleghany im debating on whether to go or not, we r slow yalls running back should have a big day

Chris Ward the senior, quick QB got hurt close to the end of the first quarter or early second. He jumped right up and made it a couple of steps and went back down. He never could put any pressure on it. I believe it is a knee, but I am not 100% sure. I was not going to give a name, but I see the paper already did.

The JV QB came in and did a good job filling in. This kid is solid. He is a stout kid with decent speed. He has a good feel for the game and his arm strength is good. I do not think he played his freshman but he was the QB for the middle school teams that did real well.

Last night he had one dropped pass in the end zone. The thing they will work on this week is the timing of the offense. Timing was off last night and that did cause some turnovers. Assuming he is the man going forward, it is good to have the Trojans and the Elks before the meat of the schedule. No disrespect to either of those teams as on any given night anyone can pull an upset.

That exactly what I did when I tore my ACL in HS. I hope for the Ward family this is not the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT