ADVERTISEMENT

East Gaston at Burns

burnsbulldogtweeter

Sep 12, 2013
Polkville, NC
www.facebook.com
Bulldogs get a Senior Night tuneup for Crest and RS. A chance to work out all the kinks. The playoffs basically start this week. We shouldn’t have any problems with the Warriors but we can’t look ahead to Crest. The Chargers are our mulligan game but a rivalry game we need to win but for right now let’s focus on the Warriors.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Warriors are playing a lot of young kids and it shows. Burns should be be able to rest their 1st string guys by 2nd qtr. I'm still holding out hope that our young kids will eventually grow up and things will start to click.

Warriors are playing a lot of young kids and it shows. Burns should be be able to rest their 1st string guys by 2nd qtr. I'm still holding out hope that our young kids will eventually grow up and things will start to click.
This one will be over at halftime
Sad, but true.

Reactions: Bulldog_012

Sad, but true.
Last season when we played at East Gaston the running clock started before halftime. I had never seen that before in my life.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
You'll probably see it again Friday. Unless a miracle happens.

Whats the deal over that way EG? I know yall have some athletes over that way. Do they play other sports ?
It's not really one thing, but a lot of things. 3 Head Coaches in 3 years. EG hasn't recovered from Stuart Cramer and Mountain Island Charter (we lose a lot of athletes to both schools). We only have 3 Seniors on our team this year. The thing that puzzles me the most is the way we play defense (or don't). Last 3 or 4 years our defense couldn't stop a middle school team (pure misery watching it). I'm sure we have kids walking the halls that could be playing football.

Getting kids involved is one of the biggest things to help a team in my opinion. When numbers are down it’s no good for anybody involved in it. Sadly it seems as if it’s getting harder snd harder to have kids show interest in much other than video games and cramming their face in a phone 24/7. Used you be that you’d have 5-6 players on a team that wasn’t as good and didn’t start but they would hit someone and perfect special teams players. I think that’s why you see team just doing pooch kicks on kick off now. No kids with grit snd willing to work hard and be apart of a team even though they aren’t the star player. It’s disheartening to me.

Getting kids involved is one of the biggest things to help a team in my opinion. When numbers are down it’s no good for anybody involved in it. Sadly it seems as if it’s getting harder snd harder to have kids show interest in much other than video games and cramming their face in a phone 24/7. Used you be that you’d have 5-6 players on a team that wasn’t as good and didn’t start but they would hit someone and perfect special teams players. I think that’s why you see team just doing pooch kicks on kick off now. No kids with grit snd willing to work hard and be apart of a team even though they aren’t the star player. It’s disheartening to me.
You are right 012

Not that I know of. We are supposed to play Crest on Wednesday. It might be though.
JV is still playing Crest Wednesday so it looks like our JV trip to East Gaston is cancelled.

We got off to a slow start but a fake punt seemed to get us going. East Gaston put up more of a fight this time despite the score. Camron sat much of the game with a finger injury he actually suffered against Shelby. Mauney did a good job filling in.

Obviously, the score of this game is no indication but what is going on with the offense this season? Seems to be quite the struggle going on.....

We got off to a slow start but a fake punt seemed to get us going. ....

Watching at home... to me it seemed more of the long EG touchdown run that called back for holding and the EG kid turning around and pointing at the defender right before he crossed the goal line. Not exactly the best time to be caught taunting there bud.....

Right after that, it seemed like the points started piling on.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Watching at home... to me it seemed more of the long EG touchdown run that called back for holding and the EG kid turning around and pointing at the defender right before he crossed the goal line. Not exactly the best time to be caught taunting there bud.....

Right after that, it seemed like the points started piling on.
Yeah that’s true. That completely flipped the field. Burns dominated from there on out.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Soon as that happened...I told my buddy... and right there is why we cant win. We are not good enough to overcome those kind of mistakes.

Can always say that- I don’t think it’s the loss of him as much as it is the mentality of play calling he gave. He was able to make others around him seem so much better because was so talented. Busted plays would go for 20 yards because of his quickness and vision. That isn’t happening this year. Jeramiah is going to be a STUD and Ben is going to be great also. Need to get this figured out though within two weeks. You have to do what works with what’s on the field this year not years past.

Can always say that- I don’t think it’s the loss of him as much as it is the mentality of play calling he gave. He was able to make others around him seem so much better because was so talented. Busted plays would go for 20 yards because of his quickness and vision. That isn’t happening this year. Jeramiah is going to be a STUD and Ben is going to be great also. Need to get this figured out though within two weeks. You have to do what works with what’s on the field this year not years past.
I have seen a former Burns great really dogging the OC on facebook but i will go with 4-1 all day long. I agree the next 2 games are going to be tough.

Accountability is a lost art now days. Our offense graduated an Oline and a once in a decade player. It’s easy to get on Facebook and dog a coach and say you can coach better but yet I still see the same Coaches walking back from practice. Not one of those are the Facebook experts. Not one of those opinions paints a field in a swamp the morning of a game, and that’s after spending the majority of the week busting their asses trying to game plan for that week. I have watched teams I love and say “dang I wish they would have ran/passed there”. We all have and I bet every time a play doesn’t work the coaches say that too. I’ve went back the last two weeks on Sunday and watched game film and realized something that nobody comments on. Execution - not dropping passes, not missing blocks, WRAP UP, hit your target, don’t take a sack and get rid of the ball, etc. Those are things that do not get mentioned. I’ve sat in the stands and saw a play get busted all to hell because of a bad snap, missed block and hear fans say “Why did he call that?” The answer is always going to be To Score!!!! No coach calls a play to take a loss in yards or to turn it over. Our problem is we got spoiled. Last night we clearly tried to develop passing more and finished the half with two tds in the air. Finished the game with 5 Tds on the ground and over 400 yards. I saw a post where someone said we ran too much and after the Shelby game the same person said we passed it too much. We are spoiled. 2 points away from being undefeated and those points were special teams. OC doesn’t call special kicks. We didn’t execute. Players need to be accountable too. Nobody wants to comment on how LOL Johnny had the ball and dropped it, nope, the OC should have passed the ball better and made the catch himself. I’m actually pretty excited, been a hell of a year for everyone. Players and coaches went through hell to try and even have a season. 2 points from undefeated and a ton of 9th and 10th graders starting. Sit back and enjoy the next few years.

Accountability is a lost art now days. Our offense graduated an Oline and a once in a decade player. It’s easy to get on Facebook and dog a coach and say you can coach better but yet I still see the same Coaches walking back from practice. Not one of those are the Facebook experts. Not one of those opinions paints a field in a swamp the morning of a game, and that’s after spending the majority of the week busting their asses trying to game plan for that week. I have watched teams I love and say “dang I wish they would have ran/passed there”. We all have and I bet every time a play doesn’t work the coaches say that too. I’ve went back the last two weeks on Sunday and watched game film and realized something that nobody comments on. Execution - not dropping passes, not missing blocks, WRAP UP, hit your target, don’t take a sack and get rid of the ball, etc. Those are things that do not get mentioned. I’ve sat in the stands and saw a play get busted all to hell because of a bad snap, missed block and hear fans say “Why did he call that?” The answer is always going to be To Score!!!! No coach calls a play to take a loss in yards or to turn it over. Our problem is we got spoiled. Last night we clearly tried to develop passing more and finished the half with two tds in the air. Finished the game with 5 Tds on the ground and over 400 yards. I saw a post where someone said we ran too much and after the Shelby game the same person said we passed it too much. We are spoiled. 2 points away from being undefeated and those points were special teams. OC doesn’t call special kicks. We didn’t execute. Players need to be accountable too. Nobody wants to comment on how LOL Johnny had the ball and dropped it, nope, the OC should have passed the ball better and made the catch himself. I’m actually pretty excited, been a hell of a year for everyone. Players and coaches went through hell to try and even have a season. 2 points from undefeated and a ton of 9th and 10th graders starting. Sit back and enjoy the next few years.

I agree! And while coaching staff is always important at the end of the day once the ball is snapped it’s on the kids. We always can ask those “questions” about play calls but if it works we never question. Is the Q going through is reads, is the RB actually hitting the right hole, block, tackles....the list goes on as you said.
Burns has a group that could make some noise over the next 3 years no doubt. Bottom line though- a coaches main job is to prepare- it’s the players job to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT