ADVERTISEMENT

Ashbrook @ East Gaston

I know Ashbrook is 0-2, but they are the best team we have faced so far. Warriors have played well in spurts, but we need to be more consistant.
Forest Hills played them in our season opener and I'm still amazed we beat them as bad as we did (55-12). They looked liked a great team. Plenty of size and speed but just seemed confused and frustrated at times. That's on the coaches. With good coaching they'd be a pretty good team. If East Gaston has talent and is well coached they'll win. Not sure what kind of offense you run. Our QB had a great night against them throwing 5 TDs and Running for one.

Forest Hills played them in our season opener and I'm still amazed we beat them as bad as we did (55-12). They looked liked a great team. Plenty of size and speed but just seemed confused and frustrated at times. That's on the coaches. With good coaching they'd be a pretty good team. If East Gaston has talent and is well coached they'll win. Not sure what kind of offense you run. Our QB had a great night against them throwing 5 TDs and Running for one.
It's been the Tarzan / Jane thing with them for years. The amount of athletes and size that has come through there over the years and no real success, just make no sense.

For a while now you have heard that if Ashbrook got the right coach, they could be really dangerous. They keep hiring a new coach every 3 years or so, but they can never find the right guy I guess.

We have the same QB we had 2 years ago when we played ya'll in the playoffs. Tall guy; shifty, with a great arm (left hander). We are spreading people out and throwing more this year.

We have the same QB we had 2 years ago when we played ya'll in the playoffs. Tall guy; shifty, with a great arm (left hander). We are spreading people out and throwing more this year.
Sounds like our QB now but ours is a righty. 6'3" 200lbs Brady Hibbard. He transfered in for last season from Providence High. His parents are great people who wanted out of Mecklenburg County. Moved down to eastern Union County where it's still quiet. 😆 If ya'll can throw like we did you'll win big.

Welcome to the club of everyone that confused by Ashbrook 😂 they look the part every year .. they get off the bus and in warmups and you think you’re in trouble… then you see why they are called Trashbrook … makes zero sense

Reactions: FHJackets90
Welcome to the club of everyone that confused by Ashbrook 😂 they look the part every year .. they get off the bus and in warmups and you think you’re in trouble… then you see why they are called Trashbrook … makes zero sense
Never heard "Trashbrook" before. 😆 You are right. FH has a great team but when I saw them I really thought we'd be in for a close game.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Sometimes Ashbrook looks as if it’s hard for them to get the kids together for summer workouts.. they usually get better the last few weeks of the season

Reactions: FHJackets90
Yep 27-0,....we didn't play that great offensively, but our defense was outstanding. I doubt Ashbrook had positive yardage for the night. All that talent at Ashbrook is being wasted.
Same thing I said after we played them. A lot of talent on the Ashbrook side but just not coached well I guess.

Yep 27-0,....we didn't play that great offensively, but our defense was outstanding. I doubt Ashbrook had positive yardage for the night. All that talent at Ashbrook is being wasted.
You have a big d1 lineman and big back, if I have to, I am running every offensive play right up his back the whole game. Crazy for them not to have many yards.

It was some players wanting to make a move to Cleveland County from there but had high hopes that this year's team could have a turn around and finally show some life. I think this season starts the exodus of athletes families making moves from Ashbrook that are able to. I hate it for the ones that have potential, whether it's d3, d2 or d1, that can't get away from there.

I’m not surprised that East Gaston won. A shutout is rather surprising though. A good friend of mine used to coach at one of the feeder schools for Ashbrook and would talk highly of the talent at the middle school level. Could anyone shed some light on the situation at Ashbrook?
Anyways, it is always good to see the Warriors doing well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT