ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth vs Grimsley

Coach Brown has done a great job a Grimsley and I did not mean to disrespect he and his staff’s efforts. Veejay asked what is different at Grimsley this year, and the AD is at the top of the list as far as leadership of the program goes and his son, the 6’5” tight end doesn’t hurt either. Grimsley is much better this year than last year and I am not sure if EF is as good, but certainly still an excellent team that will contend in November as will the Whirlies.

This one will be a donnybrook.

True talk. Can't wait. It's good for the 336 to have a game of this caliber. We rarely get it.

My synopsis East Forsyth doesn’t have the same talent as what took them to States last year(SCOTLAND SHOULD’VE ONE!) 4 new OL and young in a lot of spots, also anyone who actually knows football and not just a fan of either team will know this will be a competitive game! Grimsley has more weapons than last year when they played EF also go back and look at last years box score can’t always go by the final score Grimsley had moments last year where they were sticking with EF.

Moments where they were sticking with East? What does that mean? 52-21 and 41-7. Where did they "stick" with EF? During warmups and the coin toss?

If you knew football you wouldn't have said what you did. They added a TE from Page that we gave it to last year. That weapon is more new for Grimsley than it is EF.

You're in for a colossal disappointment if you think we're worse than last years team. Last years team was more experienced I'll admit but we didn't dropoff in talent at all.

We had to adjust to losing 4 star receiver Crowell and become cohesive with our younger and newer players but make no mistake we are by no means worse. You hope so. We could be better and conceivably lose but we'll need to play badly and that could happen. I just don't believe so.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
I normally don't get involved on these message boards but I can't stand it no more. So many people on here have never seen Grimsley play and run they mouth. I will say this the Grimsley coaches love their chances against East Forsyth. Now they won't say this but from what I'm hearing from a coach is that East Forsyth is NOWHERE near what they were last year! Their QB #4 makes way too many dumb mistakes and throws the ball to the other team. Their Oline misses too many assignments and if their QB couldn't scramble he would have been sacked about 20 times already. The RBs fumble way too much and #1 Marshall for East runs sort of soft to be as big as he is at 6'1 210lbs. Nora from Grimsley will be the best RB in the stadium friday night I promise you! He finally has an Oline like Marshall had last year which made him look better than he is. Grimsley is way better than they were last year haters. Is their passing game dominate? No it hasn't had to be because Grimsley runs the ball down everyone's throat but last week they gave a glimpse into it and #8 had 4 receiving TDs. Both Nora and Zellous will rush over 1K yards by the end of the year! East Forsyth hasn't seen a RB like Nora since last years title game and in that game Scotland ran all over the Eagles. I think Grimsley runs for over 200 yards on EF Friday night. Being at home will also give Grimsley a 7 point edge.

I also watched the East Championship game and that LB #11 for East yall talk about is not any better than the Grimsley LB Burnette. The best LB for the Eagles was #2 Kalide Martin who's at NC State. He can't help stop the run this year like he did in last years playoff game.

East Forsyth lost way too much last year to be better I don't care what yall Eagle fans say. East Forsyth is going to lose this one and probably even lose big. I see East Forsyth down by 3 scores because of turnovers and maybe scoring one late in garbage time maybe not. The Eagles get brought back down to Earth after this one. The Championship run is over with and Grimsley Football is taking over the Triad this year! Then East Forsyth gets destroyed by the best team in the Triad West Forsyth next week by 28. That is all.

Grimsley - 38
East Forsyth - 20

Your coaches liked their chances against EF last year both times and how did that work for you?

Look I get you all gotta come up with a new slogan and or narrative than last year because getting your butt handed to you twice will cause change.

Like I told the other poster earlier trust and believe we're not too far from last year. You trusting a coaching staff telling you we're not as good which are the same clowns that liked there chances against us twice.

Talk about our QB but understand yours played with some of our coaches during 7 on 7. We definitely know all about him.

We hope you all have a huge pep rally, let out school early, tailgate real good and have your student section lit because IF we were looking past you all those little cute, slick tweets that's been sent have been read.

Leave West out of this. Can't talk about a team that's done what you all have yet to do.

By the way you can't even call yourselves the best team in Gboro until you play Dudley. You all skipped a couple counties to go play "Little Sisters of the Poor". I'm sure Dudley doesn't mind putting bringing you back to reality. Yep we battle West pretty much for county supremacy. Let me see you all get with Dudley. Grimsley been ranked 6 seconds and back talking.

If we lose I'll come on here and eat it all. I've done it before. Y'all wasn't even on the radar to a couple weeks ago. Glad we have an additional big game.

We're soft? 52-21, 41-7 makes you all what then?

My synopsis East Forsyth doesn’t have the same talent as what took them to States last year(SCOTLAND SHOULD’VE ONE!) 4 new OL and young in a lot of spots, also anyone who actually knows football and not just a fan of either team will know this will be a competitive game! Grimsley has more weapons than last year when they played EF also go back and look at last years box score can’t always go by the final score Grimsley had moments last year where they were sticking with EF.

By the way we didn't ONE either we WON!!

As an insider with knowledge of both teams I couldn’t agree more...those who disagree are the fans who just love their team too much to see the truth or who have clearly never watched a game and are just looking a scores and individual states...when you make mistakes against good teams they’ll capitalize on it

When you make mistakes against good teams they'll capitalize on them. Yep and tomorrow is Friday! Point being......you and that other one will be amazed at how much better we're playing than we were against Tabor.

I said if we were gonna lose it would be earlier in the season. You all scheduled us too late. Should've switch us and "Sisters of the Poor" (Knightdale) around.

When you make mistakes against good teams they'll capitalize on them. Yep and tomorrow is Friday! Point being......you and that other one will be amazed at how much better we're playing than we were against Tabor.

I said if we were gonna lose it would be earlier in the season. You all scheduled us too late. Should've switch us and "Sisters of the Poor" (Knightdale) around.

So basically what you’re saying is there’s not a single ounce of doubt or worry about tomorrow’s game when it comes to Grimsley? It’s going to be EF in a dominating fashion huh?

Confident teams don't doubt and worry, they prepare. We'll see tomorrow who has prepared the best.

Reactions: Veejay4
Haven't decided if I'm going to this one or not. Definitely would like to.

East Forsyth is clicking as usual. Their coach always has them ready and improving throughout the season. Grimsley also has a good coach and he's finally getting the program turned around. Look for this to be a closer game than last year, I still like East by a couple of scores.

This isn't their first go round and Grimsley is looking for that statement game that they haven't had in over a decade. I expect that to come in a few weeks. Page may be down but it's still Page and they have unquestioned control of the rivalry.

East will have to be on their A game for both this week and next. I'm sure they know that and will play accordingly.

Reactions: Veejay4
So basically what you’re saying is there’s not a single ounce of doubt or worry about tomorrow’s game when it comes to Grimsley? It’s going to be EF in a dominating fashion huh?

Before your boys at Grimsley all started with the cute tweets and the other stuff we may have been looking at WF somewhat but being undefeated is undefeated I guess.

Coaching staff also does a good job of keeping an even keel taking it game by game. We knew Grimsley would be improved but being undefeated takes it to another level.

Big time atmosphere I'm expecting

It reminds me of a Richmond- Scotland thread that's coming up in a few weeks.

I make sure I have popcorn when I'm on the Raiders vs Scots thread. Gonna get to that game one of these days. Always respect for both programs. Richmond gave us everything at Wake last year and we know what happened with the Scots. We were fortunate.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Moments where they were sticking with East? What does that mean? 52-21 and 41-7. Where did they "stick" with EF? During warmups and the coin toss?

If you knew football you wouldn't have said what you did. They added a TE from Page that we gave it to last year. That weapon is more new for Grimsley than it is EF.

You're in for a colossal disappointment if you think we're worse than last years team. Last years team was more experienced I'll admit but we didn't dropoff in talent at all.

We had to adjust to losing 4 star receiver Crowell and become cohesive with our younger and newer players but make no mistake we are by no means worse. You hope so. We could be better and conceivably lose but we'll need to play badly and that could happen. I just don't believe so.
How many “recruits” do you guys have? I only say that because when programs have continued success, the old “R” word pops up.

Last edited:
I know this will not go over well but this is just a peek into this game. The RB and the QB from Grimsley both look to be big time players. I know EF has a equally impressive duo so I have to go on what I know which is a small sample size: In the championship game I was surprised that SC could run the ball as effectively as they did. I think Grimsley is far better than SC was on offense last year so really the question that would help me gage this game is EF much better on D this year than last? I was impressed with Grimsley for most of the game against Knightdale but Knightdale was awful on special teams and I do not think EF will fumble the ball and snap over the punters head to give up easy scores.

If these teams are equally in talent because looking at them they both seem to both look the part when it comes to size then this could come down to big game experience and that is a easily in EF favor. Hopefully it will not be snoozefest either way. Both teams past the eye test for sure!
I wouldn’t exactly use Knightdale as a barometer.

Grimsley: 6-0 Average score: 42.5 - 13.2 Rushing 270 yds/gm, Passing 101.

EF: 5-0 Average score 39.0 - 12.0 Rushing 270 yds/gm, Passing 154

Bookies would call this one a pick 'em with Grimsley at home and EF with arguably stronger opposition.

Great high school football at Old Jamieson tomorrow night!

Reactions: ocdavis31
How many “recruits” do you guys have? I only say that because when programs have continued success, the old “R” word pops up.

Don't think we have any "recruits". Haven't gotten as high on the hog as some other programs. We aren't that privileged yet.

To be honest I don't know of any program who's had any sustained success not to pick up kids that want to be part of a program that's successful. I don't consider that recruiting.

Grimsley: 6-0 Average score: 42.5 - 13.2 Rushing 270 yds/gm, Passing 101.

EF: 5-0 Average score 39.0 - 12.0 Rushing 270 yds/gm, Passing 154

Bookies would call this one a pick 'em with Grimsley at home and EF with arguably stronger opposition.

Great high school football at Old Jamieson tomorrow night!

No reason why a large crowd shouldn't be on hand for this one.

Dang it! You know it's a big game when we have @mrhonda putting his 2 cents in. He's the Lee Corso on this thing right? Which mascot you going with Eagle or Whirlie?

Gotta admit your predictions are usually pretty close. Who and by how many? Bless us.

Don't think we have any "recruits". Haven't gotten as high on the hog as some other programs. We aren't that privileged yet.

To be honest I don't know of any program who's had any sustained success not to pick up kids that want to be part of a program that's successful. I don't consider that recruiting.
I don’t either. I was just messing with ya.

Let me know what you’ll be wearing I’ll be sure to stop in and speak!

My sons pop Warner team shirt. Yellow Kernersville Raiders tee and camo shorts. I'll have my son. Look forward to meeting some good folks from Grimsley this evening.

Everyone safe travels whichever game you're headed to this evening.

Reactions: DeepThinker22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT