ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth vs Grimsley

Veejay4

Nov 22, 2014
Both unbeaten. East took both games last year. Expected Grimsley to be in this position this year. East rounding into contention. Somebody's 0 gotta go!

Grimsley is loaded with big time talent. They look very similar to East Forsyth in a lot of ways. They both have Big RBs that run downhill hard. Grimsley has the best DT that East will see all year. This game is very interesting. Grimsley is definitely capable of beating East Forsyth. East will have to come ready to play at Grimsley Friday night. Everyone will talk about the offenses but this game comes down to which defense plays the best.

East Forsyth 28
Grimsley 27

Grimsley is loaded with big time talent. They look very similar to East Forsyth in a lot of ways. They both have Big RBs that run downhill hard. Grimsley has the best DT that East will see all year. This game is very interesting. Grimsley is definitely capable of beating East Forsyth. East will have to come ready to play at Grimsley Friday night. Everyone will talk about the offenses but this game comes down to which defense plays the best.

East Forsyth 28
Grimsley 27

This is the game I chose as the trap game for EF originally. I just believe now Grimsley has EF full attention. A trap game no more.

Should be interesting. I got EF 35-14.

Grimsley defense shuts down the run well but specializes in creating turnovers. Grimsley run game is very strong and play action passing game puts points on the board. EF has a strong offensive game, but I think this game comes down to turnovers and the EF defensive effort against the run. 20-14 Grimsley in a defensive struggle. State semifinal matchup in October.

I have no reason to doubt East Forsyth. But I also didn't think East Surry would beat Reidsville. I guess that's why the game is played on Friday huh.

I'm going 41-28 EF.

East graduated a lot of playmakers and Crowell is still out injured but the D is still smothering and the passing game is coming around to go with the punishing ground game. Combined 65 point margin in 2 games last year. What has changed so much to close that gap?

Grimsley defense shuts down the run well but specializes in creating turnovers. Grimsley run game is very strong and play action passing game puts points on the board. EF has a strong offensive game, but I think this game comes down to turnovers and the EF defensive effort against the run. 20-14 Grimsley in a defensive struggle. State semifinal matchup in October.

If it's coming down to defense then they aren't winning.

Our D isn't too far from last year and has saved us a couple games early in the season.

Grimsley power run game and EF turnovers make the difference. EF will lose uncomfortably.

Those turnovers were an anomaly. How many other teams you know could pull out a 5 turnover win?

If we don't turn it over Friday night I'm standing by 35-14. If we play we did against Tabor we'll be in lots of trouble.

East graduated a lot of playmakers and Crowell is still out injured but the D is still smothering and the passing game is coming around to go with the punishing ground game. Combined 65 point margin in 2 games last year. What has changed so much to close that gap?

Still waiting for it..............

Just read on another board that Grimsley's best O-Lineman went down with a broken leg in their last game.

All those underclassmen who started as Freshmen and Sophomores are bigger and stronger. Three year starters in the backfield. New AD with a winning attitude has energized all the sports at Grimsley. A 6'5" tight end who can block and catch.

Who has Willert recruited from across Forsyth County to make you guys any better? I hear WR Clowney is still out.

All those underclassmen who started as Freshmen and Sophomores are bigger and stronger. Three year starters in the backfield. New AD with a winning attitude has energized all the sports at Grimsley. A 6'5" tight end who can block and catch.

Who has Willert recruited from across Forsyth County to make you guys any better? I hear WR Clowney is still out.

We're glad your AD has done a cleansing at Grimsley and has all things Grimsley believing again.

None of that will matter come 730 Friday night. We aren't Knightdale and you all know it too. I hope you aren't depending on that TE transfer from Page we neutralized last year. Different uniform same result. We have athletes with size and physicality that'll have him missing again Friday.

Not sure what you mean by recruiting other than kids deciding to come to a program that's worked hard and positioned itself to be successful and gives kids who have the potential to play on the next level be it whatever division an opportunity to play further.

We're no stranger to the weight room either guy. We won't be the smallest team y'all play by far.

Maybe your AD needs to suit up too.

New AD with a winning attitude has energized all the sports at Grimsley.

Really? The AD with the winning attitude is the difference this year? How about Coach Brown working his ass off for several years and having some good seniors and a favorable schedule being the reason why Grimsley is at 6-0 right now. What's the AD been there 4 months now?

Btw, the kid with the most TDs last week was at Page last year so you really can't talk trash.

Reactions: Veejay4

I've been saying it for a while, the best thing to probably happen to Grimsley in a while was when Lewis Newman stepped down as AD.

One of Grimsley's best players (that 6'5 TE you speak of) was developed at Page the last 2 years and transferred, consider yourself lucky, fortunate, whatever you wanna call it.

As for Grimsley/E Forsyth, East is the considerable favorite in this match up. While, yes, Grimsley is knocking on the door, they haven't won anything of note yet.. and its been since like 2005, since they have (4A western regional champs). They most likely will win the Metro 4A this year, but the conference is still weak, and Page is down and very young this year, so it wont be saying much, even then.

Grimsley power run game and EF turnovers make the difference. EF will lose uncomfortably.

I really like what Coach Brown is doing over at Grimsley. Got some really nice players and is building a winning culture. It's a process, we saw it at East. Don't think it will be enough this week but the future is bright for those guys for sure.

I know this will not go over well but this is just a peek into this game. The RB and the QB from Grimsley both look to be big time players. I know EF has a equally impressive duo so I have to go on what I know which is a small sample size: In the championship game I was surprised that SC could run the ball as effectively as they did. I think Grimsley is far better than SC was on offense last year so really the question that would help me gage this game is EF much better on D this year than last? I was impressed with Grimsley for most of the game against Knightdale but Knightdale was awful on special teams and I do not think EF will fumble the ball and snap over the punters head to give up easy scores.

If these teams are equally in talent because looking at them they both seem to both look the part when it comes to size then this could come down to big game experience and that is a easily in EF favor. Hopefully it will not be snoozefest either way. Both teams past the eye test for sure!

I’m going with EF in a blowout win , East Forsyth defense is a collectively raw talent in every position on Defense. #11 Won MVP of the state championship last year, on their DL #99 and #19 blow thing up in the interior and #5 and #18 contain on the outside , Grimsley won’t be able to run on them mark my words. East Forsyth offense is decent and they can blow teams out without really playing great . I don’t think Grimsley has enough to compete with the defending state champions ...

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I know Grimsley has a D Tackle everyone is high on and a sound run game, but I just don't see them being able to handle East, not sure if Grimsley passes the ball well, I know their QB runs a lot. I think experience takes over and East wins this one.

I know this will not go over well but this is just a peek into this game. The RB and the QB from Grimsley both look to be big time players. I know EF has a equally impressive duo so I have to go on what I know which is a small sample size: In the championship game I was surprised that SC could run the ball as effectively as they did. I think Grimsley is far better than SC was on offense last year so really the question that would help me gage this game is EF much better on D this year than last? I was impressed with Grimsley for most of the game against Knightdale but Knightdale was awful on special teams and I do not think EF will fumble the ball and snap over the punters head to give up easy scores.

If these teams are equally in talent because looking at them they both seem to both look the part when it comes to size then this could come down to big game experience and that is a easily in EF favor. Hopefully it will not be snoozefest either way. Both teams past the eye test for sure!

We handled the kids from Grimsley pretty well last year. Scotland had a couple dudes in the backfield that gave us all we wanted. Grimsley RB didn't do to us in 2 games what the Scotland kid was about to do to us before he got hurt.

It's also a matter of schematics where both teams are concerned. If the game is equally played with minimal mistakes EF by a couple scores.

I’m going with EF in a blowout win , East Forsyth defense is a collectively raw talent in every position on Defense. #11 Won MVP of the state championship last year, on their DL #99 and #19 blow thing up in the interior and #5 and #18 contain on the outside , Grimsley won’t be able to run on them mark my words. East Forsyth offense is decent and they can blow teams out without really playing great . I don’t think Grimsley has enough to compete with the defending state champions ...

Have a 6'0" lockdown sophomore corner who hasn't given up much of anything this year either #8 Isaiah Crowell brother of 4 star receiver Micah Crowell. Already receiving interest.

Without knowing a ton about either team this sort of feels like little brother is feeling real good about himself right until big brother reminds him that he is little brother again.
Interesting - I do know as someone stated that #18 is more than a handful. I think Grimsley is probably feeling themselves a little but I think the difference in talent is not what everyone thinks. Both #18's can be very disruptive on defense. I like the qb from EF a lot and the running back has a nice game. I know someone mentioned #8 and guys that kid is very good at blocking down and releasing. Not sure how a kid that big gets lost but it happen on multiple occasions against K-dale. If little brother is able togo blow for blow this might be a great game.

Coach Brown has done a great job a Grimsley and I did not mean to disrespect he and his staff’s efforts. Veejay asked what is different at Grimsley this year, and the AD is at the top of the list as far as leadership of the program goes and his son, the 6’5” tight end doesn’t hurt either. Grimsley is much better this year than last year and I am not sure if EF is as good, but certainly still an excellent team that will contend in November as will the Whirlies.

This one will be a donnybrook.

My synopsis East Forsyth doesn’t have the same talent as what took them to States last year(SCOTLAND SHOULD’VE ONE!) 4 new OL and young in a lot of spots, also anyone who actually knows football and not just a fan of either team will know this will be a competitive game! Grimsley has more weapons than last year when they played EF also go back and look at last years box score can’t always go by the final score Grimsley had moments last year where they were sticking with EF.

Reactions: RammanuelKant
My synopsis East Forsyth doesn’t have the same talent as what took them to States last year(SCOTLAND SHOULD’VE ONE!) 4 new OL and young in a lot of spots, also anyone who actually knows football and not just a fan of either team will know this will be a competitive game! Grimsley has more weapons than last year when they played EF also go back and look at last years box score can’t always go by the final score Grimsley had moments last year where they were sticking with EF.

So as you suggested, I went back and looked at the box score and it was even worse than the score. Pick any stat you want but in the 2 games combined, total yards was 982 to 379 in favor of the Eagles. What am I missing?

East does have a lot of new faces and that showed in the first few games. But new wideouts are starting to emerge, the OL is still huge and is hitting its stride to go with the QB and 4 backs that are back from last year. The D line may be even better than last year, the LBs are fast and physical and the secondary just reloaded with ball hawks. And you've got a coaching staff who has been together a long time now and is used to having the target on their back and has learned how to handle whatever is thrown at them.

Looking at Grimsley's schedule, this will be a major step up in competition for them. They won't be able to bully the eagles like everyone else they've seen. I hope it's competitive and like I said earlier, Brown is doing a great job. But they better keep it close because if they get behind and are forced to pass, game over.

I normally don't get involved on these message boards but I can't stand it no more. So many people on here have never seen Grimsley play and run they mouth. I will say this the Grimsley coaches love their chances against East Forsyth. Now they won't say this but from what I'm hearing from a coach is that East Forsyth is NOWHERE near what they were last year! Their QB #4 makes way too many dumb mistakes and throws the ball to the other team. Their Oline misses too many assignments and if their QB couldn't scramble he would have been sacked about 20 times already. The RBs fumble way too much and #1 Marshall for East runs sort of soft to be as big as he is at 6'1 210lbs. Nora from Grimsley will be the best RB in the stadium friday night I promise you! He finally has an Oline like Marshall had last year which made him look better than he is. Grimsley is way better than they were last year haters. Is their passing game dominate? No it hasn't had to be because Grimsley runs the ball down everyone's throat but last week they gave a glimpse into it and #8 had 4 receiving TDs. Both Nora and Zellous will rush over 1K yards by the end of the year! East Forsyth hasn't seen a RB like Nora since last years title game and in that game Scotland ran all over the Eagles. I think Grimsley runs for over 200 yards on EF Friday night. Being at home will also give Grimsley a 7 point edge.

I also watched the East Championship game and that LB #11 for East yall talk about is not any better than the Grimsley LB Burnette. The best LB for the Eagles was #2 Kalide Martin who's at NC State. He can't help stop the run this year like he did in last years playoff game.

East Forsyth lost way too much last year to be better I don't care what yall Eagle fans say. East Forsyth is going to lose this one and probably even lose big. I see East Forsyth down by 3 scores because of turnovers and maybe scoring one late in garbage time maybe not. The Eagles get brought back down to Earth after this one. The Championship run is over with and Grimsley Football is taking over the Triad this year! Then East Forsyth gets destroyed by the best team in the Triad West Forsyth next week by 28. That is all.

Grimsley - 38
East Forsyth - 20

I normally don't get involved on these message boards but I can't stand it no more. So many people on here have never seen Grimsley play and run they mouth. I will say this the Grimsley coaches love their chances against East Forsyth. Now they won't say this but from what I'm hearing from a coach is that East Forsyth is NOWHERE near what they were last year! Their QB #4 makes way too many dumb mistakes and throws the ball to the other team. Their Oline misses too many assignments and if their QB couldn't scramble he would have been sacked about 20 times already. The RBs fumble way too much and #1 Marshall for East runs sort of soft to be as big as he is at 6'1 210lbs. Nora from Grimsley will be the best RB in the stadium friday night I promise you! He finally has an Oline like Marshall had last year which made him look better than he is. Grimsley is way better than they were last year haters. Is their passing game dominate? No it hasn't had to be because Grimsley runs the ball down everyone's throat but last week they gave a glimpse into it and #8 had 4 receiving TDs. Both Nora and Zellous will rush over 1K yards by the end of the year! East Forsyth hasn't seen a RB like Nora since last years title game and in that game Scotland ran all over the Eagles. I think Grimsley runs for over 200 yards on EF Friday night. Being at home will also give Grimsley a 7 point edge.

I also watched the East Championship game and that LB #11 for East yall talk about is not any better than the Grimsley LB Burnette. The best LB for the Eagles was #2 Kalide Martin who's at NC State. He can't help stop the run this year like he did in last years playoff game.

East Forsyth lost way too much last year to be better I don't care what yall Eagle fans say. East Forsyth is going to lose this one and probably even lose big. I see East Forsyth down by 3 scores because of turnovers and maybe scoring one late in garbage time maybe not. The Eagles get brought back down to Earth after this one. The Championship run is over with and Grimsley Football is taking over the Triad this year! Then East Forsyth gets destroyed by the best team in the Triad West Forsyth next week by 28. That is all.

Grimsley - 38
East Forsyth - 20

Someone will be eating crow Friday night. Can't wait to see who it is...

Grimsley - 38
East Forsyth - 20

As an insider with knowledge of both teams I couldn’t agree more...those who disagree are the fans who just love their team too much to see the truth or who have clearly never watched a game and are just looking a scores and individual states...when you make mistakes against good teams they’ll capitalize on it

Grimsley - 38
East Forsyth - 20

EF DL will murder Zellous and Nora all night long, the 4 of them combined have 113 tackles , and those guys haven’t even played FULL games they get taken out after halftime. Grimsley is a good triad team don’t get me wrong but EF is a GREAT STATE team . Ask anybody in the state who’s the better team as of right now and they will 100% pick EF. At the end of the day though our opinions don’t matter it’s about what these kids do between the lines tomorrow night it’s going down in the Gboro!

Grimsley - 38
East Forsyth - 20

You have to be kidding right?? #1 Marshall for East is committed to Wake and a shrine bowl selection and your saying Nora is better.... Lol. Only thing I partially agree with you on is, this is not the East team of last year but still good, and the QB #4 does gamble from time to time just throwing the ball up which has led to some interceptions this year which I witnessed in the Tabor game, but by no means does Grimsley win that game by that margin. If they do, I will be the first to come on here and eat crow. I still think EF's defense will neutralize the running of Nora and the QB #1. I see it being around a 10 point win for East.

OK looking at this game'

Grimsley is having a great year and the coach there who I respect has done a fantastic job in bringing back not just a quality product but a very very good football team to Grimsley. The offense seems to be running on all cylinders and the defense is solid. They have a couple play makers who can make anyone pay if they are not accounted for. Also the Albright kis is a monster and the Dad seems to have been a great hire for the school.

East Forsyth is well East Forsyth. Big, fast well coached deep talent and having seen them in pre season might be one of the top 3 teams in the state. The defense which has been one of the better defenses in the state will be ready , they play fast , they tackle well and are disciplined. The head coach Willert Meh not a fan(JK) will have them ready

East 34
Grimsley 16

Coach Willert comment is down right hilarious SammyK. Now Marshall is one special dude! East Forsyth has a great offense and I like comparing #4 to another famous #4 only at the HS level. Ty Lyles reminds me of a young Brett Favre. He is going to take chances and sometimes make you say what are you doing? Then he puts one in a small window and you're left shocked at the arm talent.

Coach Willert comment is down right hilarious SammyK. Now Marshall is one special dude! East Forsyth has a great offense and I like comparing #4 to another famous #4 only at the HS level. Ty Lyles reminds me of a young Brett Favre. He is going to take chances and sometimes make you say what are you doing? Then he puts one in a small window and you're left shocked at the arm talent.
Did you see Favre play in HS?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT