ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth vs Grimsley

East has a bad habit of getting up a few scores and letting off the gas. It almost bit them tonight. Grimsley is much improved no doubt. But the East defense showed up to squash any chance after the onside kick recovery. Say what you want about that defense but they make the plays when it counts. This game was good for those guys who never have to play a whole game. They'll be better prepared next week and down the line because of it. Grimsley is tough no doubt. But East tried to give this game away so many times and still came out on top. Don't count on that happening in December if these two see each other again.

East Forsyth had a chance to blow out Grimsley. The Eagles defense scored on the scoop and score then the almost 100 yard pick 6 was amazing! Awful block in the back to a kid that couldn't make a play on it. That would've put them up by 3 scores then if Smith #7 for East Forsyth doesn't fumble going into the endzone Grimsley can't run the ball. I will say this #7 is great but what makes him so effective is having another RB back there with him in #1 Zellous. The Eagle LBs struggled all night finding who had the ball. When they smashed the RB the QB had it and vice versa. I really think Grimsley choked when it was crunch time. Had a chance to win it and couldn't seal the deal. If they play 10x I think East may win 9. Tonight was their night with all the mistakes like a few predicted and they failed. Big stop at the end by the Eagle defense. I agree the 6'6 DE for EF looks raw but could be D1 if he puts on more muscle. Maybe the play of the game with that strip sack on Zellous for a TD. Great game overall. Can't wait for East v West at the NEST.

East Forsyth had a chance to blow out Grimsley. The Eagles defense scored on the scoop and score then the almost 100 yard pick 6 was amazing! Awful block in the back to a kid that couldn't make a play on it. That would've put them up by 3 scores then if Smith #7 for East Forsyth doesn't fumble going into the endzone Grimsley can't run the ball. I will say this #7 is great but what makes him so effective is having another RB back there with him in #1 Zellous. The Eagle LBs struggled all night finding who had the ball. When they smashed the RB the QB had it and vice versa. I really think Grimsley choked when it was crunch time. Had a chance to win it and couldn't seal the deal. If they play 10x I think East may win 9. Tonight was their night with all the mistakes like a few predicted and they failed. Big stop at the end by the Eagle defense. I agree the 6'6 DE for EF looks raw but could be D1 if he puts on more muscle. Maybe the play of the game with that strip sack on Zellous for a TD. Great game overall. Can't wait for East v West at the NEST.

Can Grimsley get any credit? . IF IF IF!

Last edited:
Its a big stadium we looked spread out
And quite a few of the people on the EF side were fans of other teams that just came to watch the game.

BTW, Greensboro resident Ricky Proehl was on the EF side taking in the game.

This turned out to be a GREAT game that I think may have helped Grimsley's stock and hurt EF's. Like stated above this could have been a blowout, but the reality is it wasn't. The thing that struck me the most is EF had problems stopping the run game of Grimsley. They walked the ball up and down the field on EF once they found their rhythm. And if you want to talk about mistakes we can't forget the bad snap that put Grimsley in a position to have to throw the ball on the pic six that was called back. Without that bad snap Grimsley may have been in the game before the fourth quarter. I heard that EF top receiver is out with a torn ACL and that may have impacted the passing game and the offense in general. I thought EF was going to run over Grimsley, but they really stepped up and showed what they are made of.

Almost a blowout? What a joke! Nora, by himself, had more total yards than the vaunted EF offense. After a great start in the 1st quarter, EF barely mustered 100 yds for the last three quarters. The only blowout last night was in somebody’s pants after Grimsley recovered that onside kick. Credit to Eagle D for making the stop when it counted.

Hope to see you in the playoffs because you guys are like an old rug, very beatable.

Almost a blowout? What a joke! Nora, by himself, had more total yards than the vaunted EF offense. After a great start in the 1st quarter, EF barely mustered 100 yds for the last three quarters. The only blowout last night was in somebody’s pants after Grimsley recovered that onside kick. Credit to Eagle D for making the stop when it counted.

Hope to see you in the playoffs because you guys are like an old rug, very beatable.

Grimsley absolutely Choked. That was your chance in your stadium in front of all of Greensboro and you blew it. Don't do the same thing against Page. If you don't get them this year you may never.

Some folks aren’t giving Grimsley credit though they lost. Those kids were down 21-0 early. They could’ve folded their tents and had it get ugly. But they didn’t. Yes EF made mistakes. But that’s part of any game. They hung in there, stopped EF from doing more damage and came within a gnat’s hair of winning. Is Grimsley better than many thought or is EF not quite as good as most thought? Probably a little of both. But both teams could be tough outs come playoff time.

Maybe East got caught looking ahead after that 21-0 lead. Relaxed too much...

Maybe East got caught looking ahead after that 21-0 lead. Relaxed too much...
I'm not sure. I don't think they were looking past a 6-0 team. I do think Grimsley is a good football team. I also think football is a game of matchups. Grimsley is very one dimensional on offense but as we've seen in the past what Grimsley does well East Forsyth struggles with on defense at times. Say what you want about beating East next time I really think if East goes up by 2 or 3 scores in the 2nd half Grimsley has to throw the ball more. If they throw the ball it's over. But would've could've should've. As far as nobody giving Grimsley respect if you go back a couple pages there are people in here saying they blow out East. Great HS football game both teams are contenders for the small 4a.

We'll see what happens next week. I picked West Forsyth but looks like the struggled with Page. Next week should be interesting

Say what you want about EF, but it has been proven time and time again they know how to finish a game when it’s clutch. Last year against West Forsyth won’t that game and their defense stepped up fast forward to state championship defense stepped up , same thing this past Friday night defense stepped up in the last 2 minutes ! As of right now I don’t see why you can’t call EF the BEST team in the state . They are on a 21 game win streak. If EF beats west this week it’s time to start giving those guys their credit....

Say what you want about EF, but it has been proven time and time again they know how to finish a game when it’s clutch. Last year against West Forsyth won’t that game and their defense stepped up fast forward to state championship defense stepped up , same thing this past Friday night defense stepped up in the last 2 minutes ! As of right now I don’t see why you can’t call EF the BEST team in the state . They are on a 21 game win streak. If EF beats west this week it’s time to start giving those guys their credit....

West Forsyth has a good team for sure, and Grimsley has come a long way as a football team. Both teams are going to make some noise in the playoffs this year. Neither would be mentioned as elite programs in the State. EF barely beat a team last year in the playoffs SC, that many of their fans were shocked that they were even playing in the game. WOW! You beat Grimsley & West Forsyth. Is part of the formula of becoming the best. HUHHHHHHHHH?

Best in the State? I’ll give them top 10. There are some teams that I would put in the conversation. They're not one of them.

Last edited:

Really?? I give EF alot of credit but up until last year I can think of three separate occasions where they failed miserably in the clutch.

Really?? I give EF alot of credit but up until last year I can think of three separate occasions where they failed miserably in the clutch.

I think the difference between those teams and now is QB play. It's a night and day difference between Ty Lyles and whoever was the QB when East played MC and CC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT