ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth is my pick and 5 others who can beat them.

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
Give me East Forsyth because I’m a Homer…. But these 5 are just as good and nobody has an advantage over the other.
- Grimsley
- Mallard Creek
- Hough
- Chambers
- New Bern
These teams to me are on another level… the rest are just not on that level. Butler is close

Reactions: Champ_24
I wasn't big on Grimsley at the beginning of the year but they are playing really good football and have a championship defense and running game.

Mooresville is like Butler & Indy, just barely outside my top 5 but a worthy team and if they play a flawless game. They can win against these blue bloods.

Last edited:
They will have their hands full with either Catholic or Reagan. Reagan had them earlier in the year. After seeing Catholic defend PD as well as they did, I really believe they will beat them.
Just feel like Catholic's schedule has them ready for Reagan and Grimsley. Also Catholics Championship tradition, along with their coaching staff makes them obvious favorites in the one

Just feel like Catholic's schedule has them ready for Reagan and Grimsley. Also Catholics Championship tradition, along with their coaching staff makes them obvious favorites in the one
I hear you, but Grimsley beat CG 28-9 two years ago for a 4A state title as well. The second round loss last year is fresh in peoples minds and I get that but I think they will play Hough/EF in the 4th round.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I hear you, but Grimsley beat CG 28-9 two years ago for a 4A state title as well. The second round loss last year is fresh in peoples minds and I get that but I think they will play Hough/EF in the 4th round.
2 years ago lol the last two years they were better than they are now.

Give me East Forsyth because I’m a Homer…. But these 5 are just as good and nobody has an advantage over the other.
- Grimsley
- Mallard Creek
- Hough
- Chambers
- New Bern
These teams to me are on another level… the rest are just not on that level. Butler is close
Substitute EF for Grimsley and you have the 5 teams that stick out in 4A this year because of their talent. There are another 20 or more that have the talent and discipline to beat any of those teams on a given night. I think there are a few surprises that will make some late round noise and a few "big dogs" that will go home early. Happens every year. I am rooting for good games and chaos.

- Grimsley
- Mallard Creek
- Hough
- Chambers
- New Bern
Don't be surprised to see Catholic represent the west. They're the most difficult team to prepare for with their passing game wrinkles and a Power 5 QB and TE.

Anything is possible, but their defense would be questionable to win the West.
That’s true but as long as the offense is controlling the clock, the defense doesn’t have to be on the field but so many possessions. I don’t have them coming out of the west but I wouldn’t be shocked if they found a way.

Don't be surprised to see Catholic represent the west. They're the most difficult team to prepare for with their passing game wrinkles and a Power 5 QB and TE.
I think a team that has real size and overall talent in the front seven can limit Catholic like Hough, Chambers and Mallard Creek. Butler held them to 19 and Butler’s defense isn’t on the level of those schools this season. Talented players can wreck game plans especially if they have good coaching. I am honestly torn on this game. I would hope Grimsley who has jokingly been called the Greensboro Allstar team should beat Catholic based on their overall talent.

Reactions: btango
Anything is possible, but their defense would be questionable to win the West.
Have to agree with Nepsy on this one. The offense is among the tops in the state. The defense has been a little porous and a somewhat erratic. They have had some decent games against very good talent but fans hold their breath every play against a good passing game. Also the kicking game has been inconsistent and they are good for 2 out of 3 PATs at best. Blocked and shanked kicks have changed the dynamics of several games, including the two they lost. While I think they can compete with any team in 4A, they have no margin of error.

I think a team that has real size and overall talent in the front seven can limit Catholic like Hough, Chambers and Mallard Creek. Butler held them to 19 and Butler’s defense isn’t on the level of those schools this season. Talented players can wreck game plans especially if they have good coaching. I am honestly torn on this game. I would hope Grimsley who has jokingly been called the Greensboro Allstar team should beat Catholic based on their overall talent.
In the past that has been true. Small, slow and the Wing-T with a limited passing game can only take you so far. Catholics offense this year is not small, nor slow and they can actually throw the ball when they have to. This is a classical trap game for Grimsley. They are used to scoring 50-60 points a game and not getting pushed very hard in any game. What happens psychologically when the find themselves in a close game with limited possessions? Catholic plays close games frequently. They are not bothered being down and mentally believe they can win every game. (It fun to watch as a fan but doesn't help the blood pressure.) Catholic literally bullied Butler for 3+ quarters, were up 19-0 and found a way to lose. Against Independence, they never should have won that game. Crazy things happen at the high school level. All stars or no all stars, Grimsley will have to play disciplined. I am not talking about showboating either. Against a wing-T or option running game its gaps and assignments. You miss one and the back is 15 yards down the field or more. You cram the box and bite on play action and it's 6 over the top. If your DBs don't like playing in a phone booth, you will be in trouble. You commit stupid penalties or turnovers, you will get punished. Grimsley will have to deal with things they seldom see. The "team" and the coaching staff will be tested because it is hard to simulate what Catholics does in practice. In no way guaranteeing a Catholic win but they are coming in with a few advantages. It should be a close game either way.

With the forecast being rain grimsley should stack the box and take there chances.

With the forecast being rain grimsley should stack the box and take there chances.
They will need to do that rain or shine or else Catholic will simply sustain long methodical drives. If they can stop Catholics ground game with 6 in the box, Catholic will be in trouble. Reality is that Grimsley stopping the run game will depend on their DBs. Most don't want to be in the box with lead blockers or a big back back running downhill at them. They would rather chase rabbits in a spread offense. Catholic will force you to play in a phone booth.

I had a feeling this would be the outcome because of Grimsley’s talent. Catholic’s defense was awful.

Reactions: CCougarsfan
- Grimsley
- Mallard Creek
- Hough
- Chambers
- New Bern
Revisiting my post from a few weeks ago; that was somewhat accurate. I see a Grimsley vs New Bern "State Championship" game. Both will be favorite but they will need to earn it this week.

Reactions: LC3III
I'm kinda on the New Bern train. Very impressive how they just have blown out competition every week

I'm kinda on the New Bern train. Very impressive how they just have blown out competition every week
The game against 6-7 Jordan made me curious if they have a problem stopping the run. 33-32 Jordani going into the 4th quarter and Jordan finished with 373 yards rushing. Following week, they blow Rolesville off the map. 70-34. Which team will show up? Should be a good one, if they make it past Millbrook

The game against 6-7 Jordan made me curious if they have a problem stopping the run. 33-32 Jordani going into the 4th quarter and Jordan finished with 373 yards rushing. Following week, they blow Rolesville off the map. 70-34. Which team will show up? Should be a good one, if they make it past Millbrook
Yep, on 66 carries. Jordan did some unique things up front in the running game and had a 2K yard rusher that didn't break any long ones but got enough to move the chains as they went for it on every 4th down. They held the ball for 39 out of 48 minutes while not turning the ball over at all on 76 offensive plays. Jordan had major injuries early on but watch the film when they were healthy against then #1 seed, Hillside. Make no doubt about it, 14-0 New Bern will show up this Friday night.

Last edited:
Jordan did some unique things up front in the running game and had a 2K yard rusher that didn't break any long ones but got enough to move the chains as they went for it on every 4th down. They held the ball for 39 out of 48 minutes while not turning the ball over at all. Jordan had major injuries early on but watch the film when they were healthy against then #1 seed, Hillside. Make no doubt about it, 14-0 New Bern will show up this Friday night.
Maury is still in it in Virginia. They beat Nansemond River 55-7 in their state playoffs. Next up for them; Green Run.

Maury is still in it in Virginia. They beat Nansemond River 55-7 in their state playoffs. Next up for them; Green Run.
Yep, I keep up with them every week. High powered team that we held to 14 points, wasn't easy playing against that Duke bound RB and the other handful of D1 guys they have.

Yep, I keep up with them every week. High powered team that we held to 14 points, wasn't easy playing against that Duke bound RB and the other handful of D1 guys they have.
Not at all. They're usually a tough matchup there and for New Bern. I keep up too, being Virginia is my home state. I keep up with Highland Springs as well, as they were one of our district rivals when I was in high school there (wayyyy back in the day).

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT