ADVERTISEMENT

East Davidson Football HC

that’s awful. i hate to say it but a big part of why these programs aren’t ever worth a shit is that they continuously make bad hire after bad hire and expect different results. if im him i move on.

that’s awful. i hate to say it but a big part of why these programs aren’t ever worth a shit is that they continuously make bad hire after bad hire and expect different results. if im him i move on.
Oh I agree with you 100 percent. You don't do that to a coach who has been in the many years and countless hours that he has to the program to have that happen. He would be a great HC.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Something is fishy here. If he wanted it and didn’t get it, either they have something on him, which I doubt, or they just didn’t want to hire him.

Where did Hanner go?

Something is fishy here. If he wanted it and didn’t get it, either they have something on him, which I doubt, or they just didn’t want to hire him.

Where did Hanner go?
Hanner took a job outside of education. Trust me when I tell you that any parent would love to have this guy coaching their child. He is real down to earth and knows the game real well. Just another case of the good ole boy network doing there thing. Bottom line is that he should be the new Head Coach at East Davidson period. He has more than earned it and deserves it.

Hanner took a job outside of education. Trust me when I tell you that any parent would love to have this guy coaching their child. He is real down to earth and knows the game real well. Just another case of the good ole boy network doing their thing. Bottom line is that he should be the new Head Coach at East Davidson period. He has more than earned it and deserves it.
Did they actually announce who got the job? Or did they just tell McClamrock that he didn’t get it?

An announcement hasn't been made yet. As far as telling him I think the words that were used was it was a dog an pony show all the way.

The AD is McClamrock’s second cousin. I do not think that is a close enough relation to exclude her from the hiring committee.
I’d love to know the back story.

Ryan McClamrock and Kim Warrick are co-AD’s.
I wouldn’t think that would exclude necessarily. Anyone on staff is a co-worker and thus could be biased. I don’t want to say it’s a terrible move yet though. Maybe they’ve got an ace of a coach. But over the last decade and a half, there have been several assistant coaches who were half-hearted about being there at all.
Complete culture shift is in order. I hope they can do it. Otherwise, everyone is just there to watch the band play at halftime and then check out.

The name of the guy that I’m hearing they have hired is a real good buddy of the principal’s boyfriend.
Same here. Politics at its best. Somebody needs to tell the principal that you don't hire someone just because they play Madden on game system and can draw up plays in the sand. Like I stated before Coach McClamrock should be the coach at East Davidson. His qualifications are more than well documented and has "EARNED" the right to be called Head Coach.

I wonder how many minority coaches got a chance to even interview. You guys say good ole boys network but heck at least you get to interview. SMH DAVIDSON COUNTY!!!

I wonder how many minority coaches got a chance to even interview. You guys say good ole boys network but heck at least you get to interview. SMH DAVIDSON COUNTY!!!
That's pretty much what we mean by the good ole boy network lmao

How many black head coaches in Davidson County excluding Thomasville and Lexington?? Big difference in what is meant by good ole boys network to minorities
You already know the answer. Also Tville isn't excluded on this. Lexington on the other hand has sucked for over a decade now. That's not the reason why but it is what it is.

Thomasville’s hiring decisions have been about hiring proven head coaches with track records commensurate with the quality of the job. The only time they strayed from that philosophy, it was a disaster. I can think of one or two good minority candidates with Thomasville connections who could have filled the bill. But they haven’t applied.

Thomasville’s hiring decisions have been about hiring proven head coaches with track records commensurate with the quality of the job. The only time they strayed from that philosophy, it was a disaster. I can think of one or two good minority candidates with Thomasville connections who could have filled the bill. But they haven’t applied.
And that's the key. Good proven coach. Period. Just look at WD. And SD. SD went and got a coach outside of their comfort zone. West keeps hiring the same dudes from the same system that keep losing and losing and losing.

North Davidson , Oak Grove , Lexington and T’ville aren’t apart of the good ole buddy system but Off Lexington n T’vile haven’t been good in years.

South Davidson has their man so hopefully they allow him do his job n support n all bc he could maybe get SD to win some games every year.

WD, ED are all the same like said above they hire same ole guys for some results -They have to go outside the box if they ever want to be successful but that starts at the top

North Davidson , Oak Grove , Lexington and T’ville aren’t apart of the good ole buddy system but Off Lexington n T’vile haven’t been good in years.

South Davidson has their man so hopefully they allow him do his job n support n all bc he could maybe get SD to win some games every year.

WD, ED are all the same like said above they hire same ole guys for some results -They have to go outside the box if they ever want to be successful but that starts at the top
Am I reading this wrong? Tville hasn't been good in years?

11-2, 9-3, 8-4, 8-4 the last four seasons since the really bad year five years ago.

Am I reading this wrong? Tville hasn't been good in years?

11-2, 9-3, 8-4, 8-4 the last four seasons since the really bad year five years ago.
They ain’t what they used to be. Everyone used to fear T’ville like used to fear Kannapolis so Also they had 5 losing record in last 10 years and also They haven’t gone 16-0 like they did in Mid 2000s so again 16-0 to 8-4 is a big difference esp when they have gone 16-0 multiple times

Also I don’t see many folk talk about Thomasville as much as they talk about others imo
The Dogs are winning again and those five seasons are behind them and in the rear view mirror. Overall, the progress being made by Coach G and his staff are awesome and the Dogs will continue to win as a 1A school. During those five seasons they were playing in 2A ball with schools 850-1100 kids. The Dogs pull from an enrollment of about 600 kids.

The Dogs are winning again and those five seasons are behind them and in the rear view mirror. Overall, the progress being made by Coach G and his staff are awesome and the Dogs will continue to win as a 1A school. During those five seasons they were playing in 2A ball with schools 850-1100 kids. The Dogs pull from an enrollment of about 600 kids.
Don’t worry about it Wow. Let everybody keep sleeping on the Bulldogs. I agree we’re not 16-0 caliber. But very few are.

• Love
Tville is good to go and is at the level they should be. OG seems good to go, we shall see how Rob does. ND should be better but has alot to prove and needs a chip on their shoulder this year. And play some freaking defense! Ledford will be fine and a conference contender.

Central is a big question mark based on what they do with a new coach. ED and WD are meh but ED Is in a much better position currently based on the last few years with the new coach looking to continue.

SD looking better than they have in years. Hoping Tripp keeps it going.

Lexington is a 3A size school that struggles with 1A and 2A teams. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT