ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork vs Hough

In Knotts’ first years at DF they lost three of four twice getting thrashed once each season and played in the state championship both seasons with one win.

Since they peaked in 2018 they have seen declining participation and have not been as talented. Also, seems like more injuries the last three seasons. Very banged up last year but were able to patch it up and win all games except the St Frances national game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Even with Dorman who has been normally a powerhouse team is 1-2 this year. They haven’t played anyone strong that I seen so far. I wonder if S.C. football is down as a whole this year.

Creek playing anyone outside of Buford, I believe the offense is clicking this past week. People act as though we were playing freaking Garinger. Shit don't work when you're playing against 4 & 5 stars on the defensive line, with Georgia & Michigan commits at LB, and 5-star safety FSU commit, and Alabama commits in the secondary. I was happy we put up more points than Saint Frances. Even with all that talent, we had numerous chances to score, as we got behind their secondary a couple of times. We won't see a team in the same stratosphere as Buford on the defensive side the next 2 decades. I believe that offense will start clicking soon, as they have the athletes. Not a lot of teams have 8 kids who broke records from the 4x100 & 4x200 team to use from on the offensive side of the ball. 5 kids running sub 10.8 hundred meters. That's a good problem to have. Gotta spread the love around.
Everyone here understands that the Creek faced a team comprised of 4 & 5 stars Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, Miami, Tarheels, Ohio State, Tarheels, Notre Dame, FSU, and Oklahoma commits, right? If not, please read the preceding message again until it is clear and ingrained in your mind. I hope the love is spread far and wide.

In Knotts’ first years at DF they lost three of four twice getting thrashed once each season and played in the state championship both seasons with one win.

Since they peaked in 2018 they have seen declining participation and have not been as talented. Also, seems like more injuries the last three seasons. Very banged up last year but we’re able to patch it up and win all games except the St Frances national game.
Btango its the same pattern from WC, and Indy. Become super dominant and then fizzle near the end of the decade. Still really good and competitive but on a decline.

As good as Knotts was at WC he didnt get the same talent there as he did early to mid 90s that he got late 90s. It was a noticeable drop off as players/familes avoided WC for the first time vs. Running to play their.

At Indy the chink in the armor showed during the 07, 08 seasons. Players went to Butler over Indy even though Indy had all the success. Knotts left Indy and was not a state champ.

We always talk about big name transfers but never talk about good players avoiding a school to get more playing time elsewhere or want to beat the giant. DF is experiencing this now. Its just simply very hard to win at Knotts level. Hes the GOAT. Id still take him to win this last ship and sail off into the sunset......

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Well Well Well a heavily crippled DF was defeated. Congratulations to all in 2023

DF is experiencing this now. Its just simply very hard to win at Knotts level. Hes the GOAT. Id still take him to win this last ship and sail off into the sunset......
Had a successful high school coach who is the son of a successful high school coach tell me the most impressive thing about Knotts is that he can contiually get kids to buy into the system and be hungry. Knotts told me in 2007 he was struggling to get them hungry. He has told some that is the same thing with this team's upper classmen. Probably playing the most sophomores he has at DF. I think we see another couple of years there and then we will see. If he can win one or two more that will cap it off even more crazily than where he is now.

Had a successful high school coach who is the son of a successful high school coach tell me the most impressive thing about Knotts is that he can contiually get kids to buy into the system and be hungry. Knotts told me in 2007 he was struggling to get them hungry. He has told some that is the same thing with this team's upper classmen. Probably playing the most sophomores he has at DF. I think we see another couple of years there and then we will see. If he can win one or two more that will cap it off even more crazily than where he is now.
Very little left to prove. I always thought his arrogance was a bit much all the great ones have that quality. Hard to argue with the results

I know last year Dutch Fork JV went undefeated and was scored on 1 time. That was the last game of the season. They average over 40 points a game. I could see Dutch Fork making bigger progress for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT