ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 1 👀

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Week 1 is finally here!!!!! Our conference has some pretty big non conference matchups this week.

Schedule
Bandys at St. Stephens
Bunker Hill at Freedom
East Burke vs Christ School
Lincolnton at South Point
Maiden at Foard
Newton Conover at West Henderson
West Caldwell vs South Caldwell
West Lincoln at North Lincoln

Standings
Bandys 0-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 0-0, 0-0
East Burke 0-0, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-0, 0-0
Maiden 0-0, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-0, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 0-0, 0-0

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I was wondering who was gonna start this I figured it was you Flyrod. Been close to a year so I slightly forgot. Burke man chiming in for the first response(unless someone gets it while I’m typing lol) Let’s do this!!!

Bandys- shaking off a NL scrimmage and Saint low in depth(if like last year) should be a 2 TD victory

The Hill- Freedom comes improved and this should be a great game to gage the Patriots on with new coach and improved youngins’ but I give the Hill the edge by 2 if Freedom is lucky to escape by that spread. Good game

Christ school- Heard a lot of good from this group, hate picking against my school and hoping I’m dead wrong. I’ll give em 1 TD victory with EB playing with a chip on their shoulder. Should the Cavs mix it up and the passes connect they may take this and show the rest of CVAC they shouldn’t be taken lightly.

SP- based on scrimmage and based on SP in general I’ll go with SP. no point prediction

Maiden- no comment lol

West HeAnderson- just a wild guess. 2 Tds

South Caldwell- get a victory in while they can. South just ain’t what they was some years back and expecting no differ. May be a close one.

North Lincoln- most electric game of the CVAC this week how can it not be. I give them the edge by 1 TD. Both teams with high expectations and alot to prove and gage on for their upcoming conf matchups. Might be the most hype match between the 2 schools out of all the games between each other since 2004 or 2005. 2 heavy weight rushing attacks battling it out, should draw a gate sale.

Week 1 is finally here!!!!! Our conference has some pretty big non conference matchups this week.

Schedule
Bandys at St. Stephens
Bunker Hill at Freedom
Maiden at Foard

Standings
Bandys 0-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 0-0, 0-0
East Burke 0-0, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-0, 0-0
Maiden 0-0, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-0, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 0-0, 0-0
Bandys by 14
Freedom by 10
East Burke by 6
SP by 14
Maiden by 21
West Hendo by 21
South Caldwell by 6
West Lincoln by 8

Bandys should be a banger WNNC will be there
Bunker Hill by a td. Great showing by Freedom
East Burke fill in for Patton
Lincolnton this team worries me a bit
Maiden
Will not quess on my home team, but we have a tough task ahead of us.
West Caldwell in an upset
West Lincoln In a tight one.

Maiden
Will not quess on my home team, but we have a tough task ahead of us.
We keep score of picks for a pick'em champion so if u don't pick it will count as a lost. Might as well do what other people do and just pick your team even if you don't think they're going to win. Or if you want to win you got to take the honest route 🤣

Maiden
Newton Conover, but we have a tough task ahead of us.

I always go the honest route and never care if I lose if I pick against my school but I still route for em like any other fan. Just a realist with no super die hard loyalty.

Anyway. Who won the CVAC pick em’ last year and would there actually be some sorta prize? lol

I was wondering who was gonna start this I figured it was you Flyrod. Been close to a year so I slightly forgot. Burke man chiming in for the first response(unless someone gets it while I’m typing lol) Let’s do this!!!

Bandys- shaking off a NL scrimmage and Saint low in depth(if like last year) should be a 2 TD victory

The Hill- Freedom comes improved and this should be a great game to gage the Patriots on with new coach and improved youngins’ but I give the Hill the edge by 2 if Freedom is lucky to escape by that spread. Good game

Christ school- Heard a lot of good from this group, hate picking against my school and hoping I’m dead wrong. I’ll give em 1 TD victory with EB playing with a chip on their shoulder. Should the Cavs mix it up and the passes connect they may take this and show the rest of CVAC they shouldn’t be taken lightly.

SP- based on scrimmage and based on SP in general I’ll go with SP. no point prediction

Maiden- no comment lol

West HeAnderson- just a wild guess. 2 Tds

South Caldwell- get a victory in while they can. South just ain’t what they was some years back and expecting no differ. May be a close one.

North Lincoln- most electric game of the CVAC this week how can it not be. I give them the edge by 1 TD. Both teams with high expectations and alot to prove and gage on for their upcoming conf matchups. Might be the most hype match between the 2 schools out of all the games between each other since 2004 or 2005. 2 heavy weight rushing attacks battling it out, should draw a gate sale.

East Burke look good on offence and Defense against Tuscola and North Buncombe in the mountains last night!!

I will say it's possible that we could have 3 receivers on the field in certain circumstances that all range from 6'4 to 6'6. 🤣🤣. Not saying we will or that it gonna happen but it's very possible 😉🤣

Christ school EB game replacing Patton will be a tough task some big boys on that private school. QB is a UNC recruit they have a couple of lineman 6ft 6 tough for sure but nothing to lose looks like that EB don't run from great competition.

I wanna say if I recall correctly it's a $120,000 a year to go there with boarding. And like $80,000 without boarding. But the Duke NBA plumlee boys went there

There’s 5 CVAC teams ranked in Max Preps preseason 2a top 20. That’s absolutely incredible.

Let’s just imagine….let’s say we take Beamer’s picks in the 1st week😂..solid picks too I must say….I see a CVAC log jam on the horizon…in those rankings.

I know Simmons is smiling if he reads this.

Maiden and Bandys….like the Jefferson’s….we moving on up!😂

No predictions on my part. But in my 1st week games of interest in 2A were Freedom vs BH and North Lincoln vs West Lincoln. I’m curious as to see how these games go.
Smart move.

Tough picks…Bears and Johnnys…surely wont go 0 for 2.

1-1?…which one wins though?👀

If it’s 2-0…Like last year….it’s on like Donkey Kong!

Can’t wait!

A lot of yall picking West Lincoln. Hey I love it and ain’t knocking the gamble. Hey I done a lot of pre credit to Bandys, picking them to be tough this year and be in a lot of close games and they may not carry the hype that Maiden carries but they due to be tough and for NL to throw up 28 points in them and limit them to 7 even though just a scrimmage that may just up NLs stock slightly. I say slightly cause that’s just a scrimmage that we’re looking at.

Any Maiden fans if you don’t have a kid playing this Fri wanna jump over to South Point/Lincolnton or NL/WL and help with the gate sale LOL. Hey Freedom and BH wouldn’t be a bad choice either. Foards beat Maiden I think 2 or 3 times since the 50s? Y’all know I’m just playin’ go support your boys lol

Schedule
Bandys at St. Stephens
Bunker Hill at Freedom
Maiden at Foard

Standings
Bandys 0-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 0-0, 0-0
East Burke 0-0, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-0, 0-0
Maiden 0-0, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-0, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 0-0, 0-0
Bandys by 14
Bunker by 7🐻
Christ school by 30
South point by 3
Maiden by 35
West Henderson by 14
South Caldwell by 40
North Lincoln by 21

Bandys
Bunker Hill
Christ School
South Point
Maiden
West H
SC
North Lincoln

I hope I’m wrong about my Cavs. But I’ve heard some great things about Christ School I’m nervous about this one. If EB plays like they did on offense and defense the other night in scrimmages they’ll be alright. I just hope for a competitive game and no injuries.
They stand no chance against Christ school no matter how good they play

Bandys
Bunker Hill
Christ School
South Point
Maiden
West Henderson
South Caldwell
North Lincoln

Tough first week for the CVAC with many playing bigger schools.
All picks look spot on exactly what I picked. Think after that Bandys scrimmage more people getting on the NL band wagon ha ha. Not a CVAC school but pulling hard for them this year to take 2nd behind Hickor at least, hoping for an upset but that’s a tall order and a pipe dream. A year to remember and one without their coach which I need to remember his wife in prayer. Boys got out there with Bandys and said let’s do this for coach. Sounds like they just might moving forward.

Christ school has that QB but what about his surrounding casts?

Massey's Ratings prediction for the season:

1. Bunker Hill (7-0) 10-0
2. Maiden (6-1) 8-2
3. West Lincoln (5-2) 7-3
4. Lincolnton (4-3) 4-6
5. Bandys (3-4) 6-4
6. Newton (2-5) 3-7
7. East Burke (1-6) 2-8
8. West Caldwell (0-7) 0-10

Massey's Ratings conference game score predictions (within 1 score):

Bunker Hill 30 - West Lincoln 28
Bunker Hill 31 - Maiden 28
Maiden 32 - West Lincoln 28
Maiden 35 - Lincolnton 27
West Lincoln 30 - Lincolnton 28
Lincolnton 35 - Bandys 28
Bandys 34 - Newton 29

Gonna be a barn burner of a Conference again this year. Good Luck to all teams.

Bandys @ St. Stephens: Trojans by 14
Bunker Hill @ Freedom: This one could be tough, but I'll go with Bunker Hill by 8
Christ School @ East Burke: The Cavaliers play a tough schedule but CS plays an even tougher one: Christ School by 7
Lincolnton @ South Point: Lincolnton by 1
Maiden @ Foard: Maiden by 12
Newton-Conover @ West Henderson: West Henderson by 10
South Caldwell @ West Caldwell: South Caldwell by 12
West Lincoln @ North Lincoln: North Lincoln by 7

Postscript: Friends, I just wanted to comment on Christ School at East Burke. I'd just like to say that I've only seen them play once, it was at Maiden during the 2021 season. The Blue Devils had a really good team, but Christ School was very hard for them to beat.

Their schedule is brutal with opponents such as Providence Day, Charlotte Christian and Rabun Gap. That year Maiden beat them 27-21 in overtime, CS would go on to beat Providence Day, who would eventually win the NCISAA title that season, I think.

Of course, all the best to the Cavaliers who have their hands full. Sometimes East Burke comes up with some big guys. Year before last when Lincolnton played EB, there, we had a really hard time with the big guys. We weren't able to run through their line, and had trouble stopping them from running through our line, and they had what looked to me like some size in the backfield, too. For most of the game it was very frustrating, almost as frustrating as scrimmaging Hibriten, the other day.

In that 2021 East Burke game, over and over, it seemed like we kept trying to tackle high, every time, arm tackling them high. Christ School will probably go by scripture, you know, the last verse in Matthew, where He says "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end," if they don't The cavs might start the year off in style, and BFR will be talking junk to us all. ;)

*One last thing, speaking of Hibriten, before it's over with, us Wolves are going to have a belly full of the triple option having to face it for the next two games in South Point and North Lincoln...Oh, and to compound our problems we have to go to both places...Actually, South Point is a good place to take in a game even though they almost always beat us, they are cordial, even what few times we have beaten them. North Lincoln, might be a different story. Some of their supercilious lake fans might want us kindly Lincolnton fans sprayed with lysol before letting us come in.

Bunker Hill @ Freedom: This one could be tough, but I'll go with Bunker Hill by 8
Christ School @ East Burke: The Cavaliers play a tough schedule but CS plays an even tougher one: Christ School by 7

Postscript: Friends, I just wanted to comment on Christ School at East Burke. I'd just like to say that I've only seen them play once, it was at Maiden during the 2021 season. The Blue Devils had a really good team, but Christ School was very hard for them to beat.

Their schedule is brutal with opponents such as Providence Day, Charlotte Christian and Rabun Gap. That year Maiden beat them 27-21 in overtime, CS would go on to beat Providence Day, who would eventually win the NCISAA title that season, I think.

Of course, all the best to the Cavaliers who have their hands full. Sometimes East Burke comes up with some big guys. Year before last when Lincolnton played EB, there, we had a really hard time with the big guys. We weren't able to run through their line, and had trouble stopping them from running through our line, and they had what looked to me like some size in the backfield, too. For most of the game it was very frustrating, almost as frustrating as scrimmaging Hibriten, the other day.

In that 2021 East Burke game, over and over, it seemed like we kept trying to tackle high, every time, arm tackling them high. Christ School will probably go by scripture, you know, the last verse in Matthew, where He says "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end," if they don't The cavs might start the year off in style, and BFR will be talking junk to us all. ;)

*One last thing, speaking of Hibriten, before it's over with, us Wolves are going to have a belly full of the triple option having to face it for the next two games in South Point and North Lincoln...Oh, and to compound our problems we have to go to both places...Actually, South Point is a good place to take in a game even though they almost always beat us, they are cordial, even what few times we have beaten them. North Lincoln, might be a different story. Some of their supercilious lake fans might want us kindly Lincolnton fans sprayed with lysol before letting us come in.
Good picks, I’d say you’ll be alittle off on Maiden score, if it’s just by 12 that coach will have those boys doing hill runs on Saturday ha ha.

Christ school is definitely say it’s more than 7. By 21 if we’re lucky, I didn’t take a lot of things into account with those boys when I threw up my prediction. Mostly that UNC commit QB. If they don’t get pressure on him who knows how this may turn out.

Expecting a good un’ in pumpkin center. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was by 3 instead of 7

Don't worry North Lincoln doesn't like us maiden people either 🤣. They kept our student section from firing off confetti cannons and glitter on our touchdown celebrations. So at the end of the game after we won they fired everything at once then walked out laughing at the school officials 🤣🤣

Don't worry North Lincoln doesn't like us maiden people either 🤣. They kept our student section from firing off confetti cannons and glitter on our touchdown celebrations. So at the end of the game after we won they fired everything at once then walked out laughing at the school officials 🤣🤣
Last season, in the playoffs, you told our opponents that us kindly Lincolnton sorts had bedbugs. When we went there they wore gloves and masks and had a special entrance and exit for us, and collected our admission fee using arm extenders, you know, like old heads use to pick up something off of the floor such as their glasses or dentures (I still got my teeth, well, most of them, anyway, not to digress). Course, they could have put up special bleachers for us in the far corner of the stadium but were kind enough not to.

Good picks, I’d say you’ll be alittle off on Maiden score, if it’s just by 12 that coach will have those boys doing hill runs on Saturday ha ha.

Christ school is definitely say it’s more than 7. By 21 if we’re lucky, I didn’t take a lot of things into account with those boys when I threw up my prediction. Mostly that UNC commit QB. If they don’t get pressure on him who knows how this may turn out.

Expecting a good un’ in pumpkin center. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was by 3 instead of 7
From my understanding the Christ school team has kids on that team from all kinds of different states. Crazy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT