ADVERTISEMENT

Crest/Shelby updates

What an outstanding ball game! Two heavyweights battling it out to the last few minutes as it should be !!! These two teams left it all on the field and that was amazing to see

Congratulations to the Chargers on the huge win!! And congratulations to the Golden Lions on an outstanding game ....

Man that's two great ball clubs you just watched

On to the playoffs lets go Lions

Reactions: crestcharger02
Jh rose would eat crest alive from what I just watched their passing attack is better than the lions but the lions is the best I've seen since jh rose also

Congrats to the Chargers. It was quite a fight. Wish we could have limited the mistakes, but Crest had their's as well. Ah, crap. That hurt.

What an outstanding ball game! Two heavyweights battling it out to the last few minutes as it should be !!! These two teams left it all on the field and that was amazing to see

Congratulations to the Chargers on the huge win!! And congratulations to the Golden Lions on an outstanding game ....

Man that's two great ball clubs you just watched

On to the playoffs lets go Lions

Now bring the title home and we will celebrate Cleveland County dominating the state in a few weeks.

How'd those predictions work for you last year?

Like I said they would eat u alive Shelby had two receivers killing y'all rose has 4 that would eat u alive and your not guarding cornell 1 on 1 I promise u y'all left the middle open all night slants and drags open all night some rose would kill y'all on

Congrats to both teams...watched the 2nd half on streaming....split it between the Crest announcers and the Shelby guys...Both broadcast love their teams...lol...and rightfully so...I got to sit at home tonite because Carrboro forfeited their game to Reidsville (can u believe it) but I was glad to follow y'alls game.....Crest fans should also be happy because Eden Morehead beat Northern Guilford tonite...know that result makes some Crest fans happy....lol................both Cleveland county teams will make serious runs at titles.............obviously....lol.............

Just stating my opinion from what I observe I think y'all would beat havelock cause their run heavy this year but rose would
Kill y'all y'all defense is weak against the pass and if shelby had any kind of defense y'all would have got blown out

Idk if y'all would beat havelock or west craven if y'all were 3a this year maybe we could see but good luck to both of u in the post season it was a good game to watch still think shelby gave the game away outside of special teams shelby dominated crest

Like I said they would eat u alive Shelby had two receivers killing y'all rose has 4 that would eat u alive and your not guarding cornell 1 on 1 I promise u y'all left the middle open all night slants and drags open all night some rose would kill y'all on

Yeah and they gave up like 50 points to Havenot. I'm sure Crest would really struggle with that paper defense just like your paper tigers last season.

Idk if y'all would beat havelock or west craven if y'all were 3a this year maybe we could see but good luck to both of u in the post season it was a good game to watch still think shelby gave the game away outside of special teams shelby dominated crest
You're a dumb bastard Lamont. A dumb bastard.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
I do believe this one surpasses that 2004 game in electricity and overall gameplay.... This will go down as one of the best games in our rivalry ....

All those kids gave everything they had you could tell!! There should be nothing said to the contrary .... Outstanding ball game just absolutely outstanding .... Hope some of the kids that got banged up are ready for next weekend ..... I think both can go a long way

Good luck to all our county teams in the playoffs .... Total combined records are 30-3 I do believe for Shelby , Crest and KM

Yeah and they gave up like 50 points to Havenot. I'm sure Crest would really struggle with that paper defense just like your paper tigers last season.

Your a funny guy why u don't go look up all of jh rose games they scored 40+ on everyone except dh Conley and that was the week it stormed an rained like hell but what ever u say dude on a dry field no one is stopping their passing attack maybe y'all should schedule some 4a schools stop being some puss and boots

Havelock would score 30+ on your defense u keep bringing up last year when havelock was playing with a sophmore rb lost their star receiver a week before the season started but what ever u say dude

Either way no matter what u say havelock will be there year in year out can u say the same for crest after this season ? Lol

I don't think a previous Crest-Shelby game can surpass this one except for maybe the 1973 game that tied and went to an unofficial overtime. This game had offense, some defense in the second half and special teams.

Your a funny guy why u don't go look up all of jh rose games they scored 40+ on everyone except dh Conley and that was the week it stormed an rained like hell but what ever u say dude on a dry field no one is stopping their passing attack maybe y'all should schedule some 4a schools stop being some puss and boots

Havelock would score 30+ on your defense u keep bringing up last year when havelock was playing with a sophmore rb lost their star receiver a week before the season started but what ever u say dude

Either way no matter what u say havelock will be there year in year out can u say the same for crest after this season ? Lol

Well it won't matter anyway. Odds are both of us will be happy after state finals. Shame of split play is they won't get the rematch.

Saw a lot of guys cramping in the 2nd half...don't usually see that much in Nov...weird weather...both teams obviously left it all on the field...would've been interesting to see the last Shelby drive with their starting QB in there....the backup QB had 2 plays where he could've run for big, big yardage but elected to pass.......

Well it won't matter anyway. Odds are both of us will be happy after state finals. Shame of split play is they won't get the rematch.
If havelock plays the way they did tonight they won't be seeing any states west craven will beat them but I expected rust havelock starters haven't played in 3 weeks some two weeks but good luck to the crest in 3aa maybe next year we can get that rematch

Saw a lot of guys cramping in the 2nd half...don't usually see that much in Nov...weird weather...both teams obviously left it all on the field...would've been interesting to see the last Shelby drive with their starting QB in there....the backup QB had 2 plays where he could've run for big, big yardage but elected to pass.......

Those passes wasn't the best decision but were very catchable balls specially the second one but crest defenders played them perfect

If havelock plays the way they did tonight they won't be seeing any states west craven will beat them but I expected rust havelock starters haven't played in 3 weeks some two weeks but good luck to the crest in 3aa maybe next year we can get that rematch

Don't have to be perfect every night. Just a little better than your opponent in the playoffs.

Don't have to be perfect every night. Just a little better than your opponent in the playoffs.

Sorry to say from what I seen they better play perfect against west craven or they could easily get blown out just because they beat west craven 22-6 don't take that lightly that game could have gone either way and west craven has the talent to win states I'm not gassing em or anything they have a legit squad this year lol

Reactions: crestcharger02
Their d line looks a lot like crest d line last year their line backers are not as good as y'all's but their secondary is id say id give crest defense compared to west craven id say their run d is equal crest pass d slightly better offense id say crest by the skin of their teeth just because tre and their qb is so good west craven has a great wideout and debo

Jh rose would eat crest alive from what I just watched their passing attack is better than the lions but the lions is the best I've seen since jh rose also
Is that the same Rose team that lost by 3 touchdowns to Conley? Conley held them to 14 points: one score on a long punt return and the other on a long run. Conley must have a heck of a pass defense to not allow anything to that amazing passing game that you are always talking about.

Is that the same Rose team that lost by 3 touchdowns to Conley? Conley held them to 14 points: one score on a long punt return and the other on a long run. Conley must have a heck of a pass defense to not allow anything to that amazing passing game that you are always talking about.

On. A wet muddy field in the rain and after it rain for 5 straight days they should have won the game don't act like that doesn't slow down a passing game rose is a pass heavy team we will see come playoff time if they meet again lmao

Special teams was the difference and Shelby's inability to run the ball. I've seen enough this year to see Chad Reid got most his yards on his own last year. Haven't see much improvement in our run blocking. But we pass block well. Congrats to Crest they did enough to win but we exposed that D some. BTW I heard your fan base singing "we are the mighty mighty Chargers", stole it from Remember the Titans. What a bunch of morons.

Special teams was the difference and Shelby's inability to run the ball. I've seen enough this year to see Chad Reid got most his yards on his own last year. Haven't see much improvement in our run blocking. But we pass block well. Congrats to Crest they did enough to win but we exposed that D some. BTW I heard your fan base singing "we are the mighty mighty Chargers", stole it from Remember the Titans. What a bunch of morons.

wow, will someone kick the Havelock guy in the nuts??? who gives a sh!t about Rose...that game wont ever happen so your opinion is worse than a $2 whore..

I was watching the game while watching the Burns game tonight. I was a lil confused with some of the unsportsmanlike calls against both teams. Shelby had one that I really scratched my head with. Some thread long ago I made the comment that Shelby has a chance if the receivers can get YAC yards, and they did just that and gave them a chance at the end.

Crest Special teams won them the game, and swung momentum anytime shelby got some. Shelby looked to be the better team most of the night in my opinion but couldnt put the nail in the coffin in the 4th . The biggest play came from Willie to put em at the goal line, heck of a throw from the Burns kid. GL to Shelby and the and BullChargers in the playoffs. entertaining game for sure.

You sound sort of pissed off. LOL!!!!!! All you can think to do is insult some fans after watch those two great teams battle.

11-0 - 27-0.................. 40-33............... That's the bottom line. Shelby is a great football team, if they could run the ball they'd be the best football team. I thought out defense played well in the second half you scored 7. Anyway, good luck in the playoff's. You will not need it.

I hope the same person kicks that Burns guy in the nuts. Good luck in the playoffs. CREST, SHELBY, KM.
Somebody tell burns...We play football in Cleveland Co.

As entertaining as the first half was with all the points the second half was decided by two 90 yard drives Shelby had one then crest the last one.... One score a piece after the half .... Which in itself was kinda strange after that onslaught in the first half .... Great game

You sound sort of pissed off. LOL!!!!!! All you can think to do is insult some fans after watch those two great teams battle.

11-0 - 27-0.................. 40-33............... That's the bottom line. Shelby is a great football team, if they could run the ball they'd be the best football team. I thought out defense played well in the second half you scored 7. Anyway, good luck in the playoff's. You will not need it.
Your D got exposed, I knew our D was average. 3a is week ,we would be the favorites along with Crest to go the state. Good luck

Crest got out played and out coached, I'll say it. Offense really struggled. In the first half Crest was running hard against Shelby, then they would try to throw for some reason? Crest decided to throw the ball on a 4th down? just really questionable play calling. Crest won mostly by luck and talent...I don't like saying that, especially this close to the playoffs.

I felt like the defense should have played more on the line instead of the zone coverage. but I'm just an arm chair QB.

Still, Shelby, that was an amazing game. Thanks for showing our boys that they are not unbeatable. They needed that scare.

Your D got exposed, I knew our D was average. 3a is week ,we would be the favorites along with Crest to go the state. Good luck
I wouldn't count acr out, they are way better now then they was when Shelby beat them, but of course Shelby and crest are two different animals. I wouldn't over look acr though

With crest being 27-0 the last 2 years, it would be a shame (if you're a crest fan) to get a 3-4 seed possibly if there is bad luck in the coin flip. Crest deserves the number 1 seed, but they may not get it. I feel like if there is a team that is a true undefeated 11-0 team, they should get the 1 seed over a team that is 10-1 but reports 10-0. JMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT