ADVERTISEMENT

Crest 21 Shelby 13 final

Freedom does not have to be scared to get pounded!!!
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by patsfball:
Rulz, the one team you played had you beat most of the game..... CMON MAN.

Crest has not seen a defense like Freedom. You think 2A Shelby stuffed your run

game last night....... just wait my friend. Freedom does not fear Crest - at ALL.
pats,

Shelby's defense is the best defense we will see all year, PERIOD. Shelby would dominate Freedom... It would not be close..

I hope you come to the ranch this confident (I don't think you'll ever make it that far).........

justan -everyone saw after last night that Crest is one strong 3A defense away from the
basketball court. I think you will get it by the third round, but if not I will bring some xtra
B-Ball shoes with me for you guys.

I agree with idiot Crest got to many studs...Tre.would run through your D...and your offense would be in neg.yards....too many studs for freedom

Lion Attack, Before if forget I have no problem with the Lions not shaking hands with the Chargers @ the coin toss but what do you think Coach Norman would have thought about that. I do understand though all the craziness of yesterday morning.

justan -everyone saw after last night that Crest is one strong 3A defense away from the
basketball court. I think you will get it by the third round, but if not I will bring some xtra

Pats,

I will bet my PAYCHECK that Freedom is not the team that makes Crest break out the basketball shoes. Not saying Freedom is not a good team, but if the preliminary brackets hold true I do not think you will make it past Concord.

Just my personal opinion but Crest or Shelby would beat Freedom by 21 THIS YEAR! Not 2010 - 2012 but this year they would, you can look at the common opponent. Burns barely cross the 50 against Crest yet put up 14 against Freedom, so I don't buy into your vaunted defense that you speak of. Plus Crest / Shelby put up over 40 points on Burns, where Freedom struggled to put up 28 and didn't put most of those up until late in the game when the Burns defense wore down. Crest / Shelby wouldn't wear down and would punish Emmons all night long. IF the game happens and that is a BIG IF as both teams have other games to worry about first my Prediction would be

Crest 35
Freedom 7

I am done with this fool. You can't fix stupid.. I'll just let him talk...

I'll make a bet ----- Freedom will break out the basketball shoes before Crest...

You will be LUCKY to make it to the 4th round (just looking at preliminary brackets)...

Originally posted by Heels4Life1982:

Pats,

I will bet my PAYCHECK that Freedom is not the team that makes Crest break out the basketball shoes. Not saying Freedom is not a good team, but if the preliminary brackets hold true I do not think you will make it past Concord.

Just my personal opinion but Crest or Shelby would beat Freedom by 21 THIS YEAR! Not 2010 - 2012 but this year they would, you can look at the common opponent. Burns barely cross the 50 against Crest yet put up 14 against Freedom, so I don't buy into your vaunted defense that you speak of. Plus Crest / Shelby put up over 40 points on Burns, where Freedom struggled to put up 28 and didn't put most of those up until late in the game when the Burns defense wore down. Crest / Shelby wouldn't wear down and would punish Emmons all night long. IF the game happens and that is a BIG IF as both teams have other games to worry about first my Prediction would be

Crest 35
Freedom 7
+1

Great game last night.....really impressed with Shelby. I think most folks including myself didn't give Shelby enough respect. I have said since the beginning of the year that Shelby worried me. Lance and staff did a great job preparing for Crest. Crest defense won the game and in my honest opinion was the better defense of the two. Even though our defense only gave up two FGs, I think Shelby's offense is slightly better than Crest. I don't see either team coming up short of the title game. Lots of smack talk before the game which makes for a great rivalry, but the players left it all on the field.

This post was edited on 11/8 3:26 PM by Crest9496

I drove the short drive from Lenoir to watch Crest vs Shelby. What a ball game. My kids and his friends had a blast. I was texting former Crest star Chris Coleman who was watching on live stream. Crest defense is the best D I have seen in a long time. #8 was a prime time player jmo. And #26 stood out for me. Shelby swarms the ball with there great team speed. Thanks for putting on a good show. I'll be back.

Why is freedom even in this discussion. Everyone in western nc knows that freedom is irrelevant in the playoffs. Two weeks from now we wont even hear anything about freedom anymore.

I was impressed with Shelby and they should win the 2A title. My one observation is Crest waited until the late 3rd Qtr to come alive. The first three qtrs. Crest shot themselves in the foot repeatedly which kept them from gaining any momentum. The Crest D played great most of the game and held Shelby to zero TDs ( the Crest offense gave Sheby their TD), but lets be honest.. the Shelby offense is one of if not the best offense in 2A. Chargers and Lions should both have an excellent chance of bringing home State Titles.By " shot themselves in the foot " simply means penalty flags rained down from the sky............

Originally posted by Crestuff:

Lion Attack, Before if forget I have no problem with the Lions not shaking hands with the Chargers @ the coin toss but what do you think Coach Norman would have thought about that. I do understand though all the craziness of yesterday morning.
I know Coach Norman very well and I would believe in this case he would think the kids needed to make a statement.Your fellow classmates just came over to Shelby and did a lot of damage and painted out some very bad remarks toward Shelby players and the school.When the game was over the handshakes came and now both schools will move past this.

patsfball. you better worry about east rowan and then sp or concord before you get to crest. i dont think freedom will get past the third rd. east might be yall.. i know sp and concord will beat yall. FREEDOM SUCKS!!!!!

Originally posted by justanidiot:

we found some rhythm and were able to put together some scoring drives..
Disagree with you here. Crest didn't have one single scoring "drive". Three big plays led to their tds. Both defenses were so good that neither offense was really able to put together a scoring drive.

Epic game...one of the best ever...and looking at the jv and middle school games...we could have them like this for the next several years!!

Best of luck to Crest in the playoffs!

Let me say this. I did not see the Shelby - *Crest game. I have seen Shelby. You cannot have the kind of night Shelby had on defense, and just get THIS much better from it. All in all....*Crest's offense must really suck. I know I know....Defense, defense, defense.

Well, defense is great. But legit playoff teams will have all 3 phases. So, good luck. If 2a Shelby almost beat you, it sounds like you aren't state championship material in 3a. Maybe....maybe not. We'll see. It sounds like you are not any better than 2 months ago, and here are the playoffs. Tough when your hardest 2 regular season games are a 2a school and a mediocre small 3a team. Not great for preparing you for the playoffs. So, maybe SP DID get a win vs. *Crest this year. On the field, THIS YEAR, *Crest won. But, since we put no kind of fight up, maybe in the end SP gets their win by helping to soften *Crest up by contributing to their overconfidence.

Your two best wins are vs. paper tigers. Good luck with Havelock.

what were we all of those times we beat Crest..... Big paper Tigers???
laugh.r191677.gif
Yeah and usually ended up losing very early in the playoffs. That squad that went 11-0 ended up losing a 3v14 game in the playoffs?

Originally posted by RalphMachio99:

Let me say this. I did not see the Shelby - *Crest game. I have seen Shelby. You cannot have the kind of night Shelby had on defense, and just get THIS much better from it. All in all....*Crest's offense must really suck. I know I know....Defense, defense, defense.

Well, defense is great. But legit playoff teams will have all 3 phases. So, good luck. If 2a Shelby almost beat you, it sounds like you aren't state championship material in 3a. Maybe....maybe not. We'll see. It sounds like you are not any better than 2 months ago, and here are the playoffs. Tough when your hardest 2 regular season games are a 2a school and a mediocre small 3a team. Not great for preparing you for the playoffs. So, maybe SP DID get a win vs. *Crest this year. On the field, THIS YEAR, *Crest won. But, since we put no kind of fight up, maybe in the end SP gets their win by helping to soften *Crest up by contributing to their overconfidence.

Your two best wins are vs. paper tigers. Good luck with Havelock.
You have to be the stupidest person in the history of existence. Your boys got smoked on the field and trying to trot out the moral victory card. Lose quickly in the playoffs and go focus on baseball.

Machoman - I am with you man. A 2A school kept Crest scoreless in the first half.

I have a lot of respect for Crest, but I think some things were exposed Friday night.

All joking aside, I think their chances would have been better going 3AA.

I promise u Shelby would beat freedom...I saw u play Newton...and now belive south point....that loss was only 4...but our D would be alot better againstRed bone

pats: you may be right about them having a better chance in 3AA, but it isn't because Freedom is sitting there as a #2 seed. More about Concord at #3 and Havelock in the East.

My guess is that the Crest fan base, and staff would be more concerned about seeds #3-#10 in the 3A West than Freedom at the #2. JMO.

I can handle that. I'm not saying Freedom is the only threat. I really
think Concord and even Forestview are legit.

Forestview is legit, but I seriously doubt you're going to see a Freedom/FV rematch this year. Freedom lost Bridges and Gardin, but still have Emmons. Lost some good lineman too.

I could easily see a Crest/FV matchup but would pick Crest.

As for Concord, well they lost some good linebackers who doubled as Tight Ends and made a big difference on both sides of the ball. If Concord hasn't really reloaded and developed a strong passing game, and it's mainly the Rocky show, then if Crest and Concord meet, I would pick Crest.

Crest will not want any part of Havelock. You were lucky to beat Shelby! Best team ever!
laugh.r191677.gif

Freedom defense is the best I've ever seen there. I think any team
that is one dimensional (run) will struggle with us - Crest included.
The players are hungry for a championship and they believe this
is a special year! This group of players have been successful with
3 different Head Coaches. Coach Allen lacks playoff experience
and is not used to this level of play. He appears to be mixing things
a little better which could be a sign of growth. Take a one game at a
time......

Shoot, I would put 9 in the box to stop the one dimensional ground game of Crest. Heck, I would even sneak up the other 2 just to be safe.

The players are hungry for a championship and they believe this
is a special year! This group of players have been successful with
3 different Head Coaches. Coach Allen lacks playoff experience
and is not used to this level of play. He appears to be mixing things
a little better which could be a sign of growth. Take a one game at a
time......
This post alone proves you have no clue of what you speak... One dimensional Crest... LOL....

Originally posted by '98 State Champion:

Originally posted by shelbyfan1:
You be surprised at how good Shelbys D is since SP game.
they have no idea. a lot can happen in 9 weeks. laughable.....
Yeah- A lot can happen in 9 weeks. Unless you went out *Crest style and obtained new players from other HSs in the area, no way in h#ll that defense is 200% better (which it would need to be in order to stop a decent offense).

To that 02 Clown/candy man van owner: What moral victory? Sp beat a terrible D Shelby team as a mediocre team. Sp lost to Crest as a mediocre team. SP is better too....that don't mean we are state champ caliber. It is obvious who is delusional, and who is not.

98.....if you're defense is twice as good as it was....then you might be ready for a first round 1a playoff game. Honestly......that group was pitiful. You know it. If you consider them being "better" because you've been beating up on every 2a team in the area, then I guess technically they're better. But, I will stay with my theory that *Crest's offense just sucks. Shelby exposed it (congrats) and so will a 2nd/3rd round playoff team.

02/Fruit,
I bet there was a run on jockey shorts in downtown BS after Friday night's contest where that 2A team whipped yall most of the game, huh?

Maybe the SP coaches can see what the Shelby D did vs. *Crest if we get yall again. Seemed to have worked pretty well.

Hey 99 even as bad as Shelbys D played against SP...the game was still only 4 pts..and Shelby had chance at end...so I hope SP D improved...We know Shelbys has.

shelbyfan1, he does not want to talk about SP's putrid defense. He only wants to talk about Crest and Shelby. He's in denial. Reality is setting in for him. It's the playoffs and no one is even concerned with SP. Of course, in the playoffs, no one ever is.

Ask Tyler Bray.

Originally posted by crestrulz:
shelbyfan1, he does not want to talk about SP's putrid defense. He only wants to talk about Crest and Shelby. He's in denial. Reality is setting in for him. It's the playoffs and no one is even concerned with SP. Of course, in the playoffs, no one ever is.

Ask Tyler Bray.
Haha. Poor Ralph. Good luck Crest. Hopefully scheduling allows us to attend each other's championship games!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT