ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats West Forsyth! The CPC Regular Season Champs! Also a 3 way tie for Second

East Forsyth came out and literally smashed Page. Was very impressed with how the EF coaches had their guys ready to play against Page. Their offense looked on the level it did in 2018 and their defense continues to impress. Big couple weeks coming up for East Forsyth.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
East Forsyth came out and literally smashed Page. Was very impressed with how the EF coaches had their guys ready to play against Page. Their offense looked on the level it did in 2018 and their defense continues to impress. Big couple weeks coming up for East Forsyth.
That's not too hard this season, considering Page being considerably down and underachieving this season. No slight at EF, it's just I wouldn't use the Page game as a barometer.

Reactions: Veejay4
I picked East to repeat as State Champions in August. I have not wavered on that; they always seem to get better as the season progresses.
Welcome back CP. I thought you had enought the other night. I wouldn't exactly crown EF champions as of yet. There are some other good teams that will have a say in that. Once again, no slight intended toward EF. One just can't count them as champs just yet.

Welcome back CP. I thought you had enought the other night. I wouldn't exactly crown EF champions as of yet. There are some other good teams that will have a say in that. Once again, no slight intended toward EF. One just can't count them as champs just yet.
My pick is Scotland in 4A

Eh, do they have a running back that's equally as good as #5 was for them last year? If not, I think Cardinal Gibbons has a good shot of knocking them out this year.
We got 4 Hosses in the backfield, take your pick!!!!

All I will say is that this SC team is so much better than the team that lost to EF in the finals. Not saying they will win it but simply you have (2) transfers, (3) starters that didn't play due to season ending injuries - 1 is a D1 commit. Then you have at least (2) kids that are major contributors that didn't even play ball last year one due to illness and the other who decided not to play. Add that all up and all those freshmen, sophomores and juniors and you have a tough out for anyone in NC.

All I will say is that this SC team is so much better than the team that lost to EF in the finals. Not saying they will win it but simply you have (2) transfers, (3) starters that didn't play due to season ending injuries - 1 is a D1 commit. Then you have at least (2) kids that are major contributors that didn't even play ball last year one due to illness and the other who decided not to play. Add that all up and all those freshmen, sophomores and juniors and you have a tough out for anyone in NC.

Yeah yeah yeah and East Forsyth is a year older and better too plus already beat Scotland County. East Forsyth has a better defense and a much better passing game and a much better running game led by D1 RB Ahmani Marshall. I hope they both make it back let's do that one again!!!

That's not too hard this season, considering Page being considerably down and underachieving this season. No slight at EF, it's just I wouldn't use the Page game as a barometer.
I was saying all week Page was a trap game because their record and EF has Grimsley and West Forsyth in back to back weeks. I was expecting EF to come in unfocused and allow Page to hang around. East was totally locked in and executed at a very high level. Nobody was using Page as a measuring stick I was saying EF did a great job of not playing down and and handling business like a Championship program should.

I was saying all week Page was a trap game because their record and EF has Grimsley and West Forsyth in back to back weeks. I was expecting EF to come in unfocused and allow Page to hang around. East was totally locked in and executed at a very high level. Nobody was using Page as a measuring stick I was saying EF did a great job of not playing down and and handling business like a Championship program should.
Good coaching kept them locked in and focused. Wish them well with Grimsley and West Forsyth.

Thought last year was Bailey's best coaching job. That team that played Butler week one was terrible. Shocked they made it to the final.

Reactions: nepsy7
Thought last year was Bailey's best coaching job. That team that played Butler week one was terrible. Shocked they made it to the final.
Exactly so let warhead keep yapping. That team found an identity late but by no means was it loaded with talent and vets. This years team looks nothing like that one other than the inconsistent qb play and we have enough playmakers to over come it in most cases. Time will tell.

Exactly so let warhead keep yapping. That team found an identity late but by no means was it loaded with talent and vets. This years team looks nothing like that one other than the inconsistent qb play and we have enough playmakers to over come it in most cases. Time will tell.

Like you , I like to see it. I look forward to watching WF and EF in a couple of weeks. The difference between the two is 4a and 4aa and I think that is a HUGE difference especially in the west.

Let East Forsyth do their thing and the Scots handle their business, and we'll see what's up later.

I said last yr preseason watch out for Myers Park..Drake Maye...every1 else was on the Hough bandwagon. This yr I'll say it again SC is my early 4A pick.

I think West Forsyth has the guys to beat East Forsyth this year. West may have the best team its ever had and the coaches from East and West know each other just like they do their teams. I think West could beat East this year by a few scores but I still think East could make another run in the small 4A if that happens. I picked West Forsyth to win the CPC and I'm sticking with that one.

The one thing that will hurt West is not having the play makers in the passing game. It may hurt them against East but I think in a rivalry game like this one West could be alright with a dominate running game and great defense. Once West gets into the 4AA Playoffs they will be in a lot of trouble in the 2nd/3rd rd when they can't just lean on teams and run the ball and the QB has to make some clutch throws. West is a good team but when it comes to Vance, Mallard Creek, they don't have the skill guys to win those games in my opinion. West is a 3rd rd playoff team at best depending on their draw. IMO East Forsyth is the same but being small 4A they could make another run if healthy and get hot at the right time. I saw that Coach Willert said they had 8 starters out with injuries. That's not good with Grimsley and West coming up in back to back weeks. We may in fact see East drop a few games fall off everyone's radar then make another run come playoff time. We shall see but East will get all it wants and then some from West Forsyth and a very good Top 10 Grimsley team.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I think West Forsyth has the guys to beat East Forsyth this year. West may have the best team its ever had and the coaches from East and West know each other just like they do their teams. I think West could beat East this year by a few scores but I still think East could make another run in the small 4A if that happens. I picked West Forsyth to win the CPC and I'm sticking with that one.

The one thing that will hurt West is not having the play makers in the passing game. It may hurt them against East but I think in a rivalry game like this one West could be alright with a dominate running game and great defense. Once West gets into the 4AA Playoffs they will be in a lot of trouble in the 2nd/3rd rd when they can't just lean on teams and run the ball and the QB has to make some clutch throws. West is a good team but when it comes to Vance, Mallard Creek, they don't have the skill guys to win those games in my opinion. West is a 3rd rd playoff team at best depending on their draw. IMO East Forsyth is the same but being small 4A they could make another run if healthy and get hot at the right time. I saw that Coach Willert said they had 8 starters out with injuries. That's not good with Grimsley and West coming up in back to back weeks. We may in fact see East drop a few games fall off everyone's radar then make another run come playoff time. We shall see but East will get all it wants and then some from West Forsyth and a very good Top 10 Grimsley team.
I agree. West would have difficulty in the playoffs if they struggle defending the vertical passing game. Mallard Creek’s Noller and Myers Park’s Maye can light it up. Noller’s Thrown for over 1,000 yards with 11 TDs against 2 interceptions.

East Forsyth 6-0
West Forsyth 6-0
Reagan 6-0
Glenn 4-2
RJR 3-3
Davie 3-3
*** I can see West Forsyth and East Forsyth 6-0 going into that Oct. 11th game.
Reagan keeps getting better and better, the QB is headed to an Ivy League School and he’s a true baller. A well coached team

Reactions: Warhead1
I should also mention Reagan who is having a great season as well. I think East and West are better but nobody better sleep on the Raiders. Any idea if they'll be 4A or 4AA this year?

I should also mention Reagan who is having a great season as well. I think East and West are better but nobody better sleep on the Raiders. Any idea if they'll be 4A or 4AA this year?
I would have to believe they would be 4AA, but not sure. I’m thinking they are 2000+

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
If Raiders are 4AA, they’re in trouble.
They are not in trouble they can play with anyone road definitely tougher but don't be so dramatic. RC is much better than what you think and any of the guys in meck co that know football know that is well. Would they be favorites no but they will not be worked like a 2 bit you know what.

They are not in trouble they can play with anyone road definitely tougher but don't be so dramatic. RC is much better than what you think and any of the guys in meck co that know football know that is well. Would they be favorites no but they will not be worked like a 2 bit you know what.
No, they're in trouble if they're 4AA

You think I don't know football? I absolutely know how good RC is. I also know how good Mallard Creek, Vance and Myers Park are. I've said before if RC were to go west, it would definitely be a brutal region. So, yes, I stand by my opinion, especially if RC were to go west and join the other three. Reagan would be in trouble. They'd be, at best, the sixth best team in the region. But, all this is speculation. We have to see how it all plays out.

You think I don't know football? I absolutely know how good RC is. I also know how good Mallard Creek, Vance and Myers Park are. I've said before if RC were to go west, it would definitely be a brutal region. So, yes, I stand by my opinion, especially if RC were to go west and join the other three. Reagan would be in trouble. They'd be, at best, the sixth best team in the region. But, all this is speculation. We have to see how it all plays out.
They all would be in dog fights but you seem to think RC can't hold the water of those other schools and I think they are right there. MC IMO is the best overall team with Vance having the best D and RC and MP with the best offenses. RC will be just fine as long as their D can hold up. They will score points. I would not expect a repeat of the flameout they had against MP.

They all would be in dog fights but you seem to think RC can't hold the water of those other schools and I think they are right there. MC IMO is the best overall team with Vance having the best D and RC and MP with the best offenses. RC will be just fine as long as their D can hold up. They will score points. I would not expect a repeat of the flameout they had against MP.
Are we talking about the same team? I'm talking of Reagan being in trouble, not Richmond. I know Richmond would be right there. Reagan? Not so much.

Reagan Raiders lol. I agree they wouldn't be much of a threat in 4AA. 4A would depend on who they run into. Hence why I asked about 4A or 4AA.

Are we talking about the same team? I'm talking of Reagan being in trouble, not Richmond. I know Richmond would be right there. Reagan? Not so much.
Ok my bad i thought you were talking about the real raiders. Im like are u kidding me the real raiders have a team what can win it all. Again my bad!

Ok my bad i thought you were talking about the real raiders. Im like are u kidding me the real raiders have a team what can win it all. Again my bad!
Geez, you're right. They're both Raiders. Sorry, I didn't think about that when posting.

Reagan has beaten all 3a schools and 1 bad 4a school.

They scored over 60 on Warauga yet gave up over 30. This includes several 50+ yd TD runs.

It's hard to judge Reagan. I'd say any run dominant team with a decent defense can beat them.

Last edited:
West easily has the best Offense (42ppg) while Glenn is easily the top ranked defense allowing a mere 10pts per game.
Nobody has stopped West RB G’Mone Wilson (1600 rushing yds & 29 TDs) along with that O-Line all season. Glenn is the best team West will face in the CPC.

G’mone With 247yds rushing and 3TDs vs NCPREPS #7 team last night. I guess that was an Upset???
Top Playoff seeds on the line with an outright winner with a nice MaxPreps ranking.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/h...e_c2a4d397-621c-58db-bb07-77b373ac54bd.html#1

Last edited:
He has risen. Thought they were going to do a Silver Alert for you bro. Please don't go into hibernation again if it doesn't work out it's only trash talk no more no less. Unless you have eligibility what difference does it make at the end of the day.

As I watched from a far, the forum got boring. I had to return as many have begged me too....I’m back for the deep playoff run! ....I see that I’m so popular I have my own thread. Cute! I won’t address that kid stuff.

Last edited:
The CPC is going to have multiple teams with a 2nd place finish. Playoff Seedings should be real interesting especially in 4-A as the CPC has 5 playoff teams that can do damage

The ties that can’t be broken will likely be broken by drawing straws. With the compacted amount of teams in the 4A-AA playoffs, I don’t foresee 5 CPC teams getting a bid.

It’s the only decent way to do it I guess, but it is really tough for your season to end by an unlucky draw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT